Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Much more accurate. For two cents WoD was problem at the start, tied way to much to the garrison, ruined any need to even go out in the world and the amount of cut content was staggering and they gave players a s"selfie patch" and tried to shrug it off as content.
    WOD had some serious problems (mostly related to them running out of time), but none of it made me hate the game like BFA. WoD had lots of gameplay issues, like isolating people alone in their garrisons, but BFA had horrible story issues, and I personally care more about the story than the gameplay. So BFA was the kiss of death for me.

Personally the only thing I really dislike about the MAW is that you can't use your mount.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    So the Game Director is explicitly telling you that is gonna be tied to Covenant renown not reputation "and complaints about the rep grind they had to do to achieve it" but ...you got your own personal theory, right?

OK.

OK.
    Yeah , I might be wrong obviously but i don't trust one second them sticking to allowing flying by doing only renown stuff, that's far too easy and straightforward

So the Game Director is explicitly telling you that is gonna be tied to Covenant renown not reputation "and complaints about the rep grind they had to do to achieve it" but ...you got your own personal theory, right?
    The maw is also "required" for renown.

I don’t mind it. The biggest gripe is lack of variety in daily quests. There seems to be quite few. Other than that though, it’s not too bad. With the exception of running in there for 10 minutes to collect souls you only have to do it on one character as all the upgrades you unlock are account wide. The mobs are densely packed but not so much so that you are in danger of pulling more than you can handle unless you are trying to skip past a bunch.
    It’s not that bad. It’s not amazing, but I don’t think it’s worth all the hate it’s getting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Yeah , I might be wrong obviously but i don't trust one second them sticking to allowing flying by doing only renown stuff, that's far too easy and straightforward
    So far this takes maybe 10 minutes. Collect 5 souls? Sure, stand in one spot and wait for one of the rock prisons to keep spawning, or spend 10 minutes running a circle to get them.

The maws probably one of if not the best outdoor zone I've seen them make. Its really an example of how much conveniences have held back their ability to design bits of meaningful content. It actually feels more like an activity I can engage in instead of a chore I gotta tick off every day.

I really hope they don't listen to the people stomping their feet on this one because they don't want to engage with the system and learn and just want to have everything handed to them for minimal effort.

Same goes for Raid and dungeon content so far, the difficulty of the raid has been fantastic and I hope they keep it up.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    The worst? Debatable. Challenging? Lol no. Tedious? Yeah. I'm in the "make it as miserable for everyone" camp though. Disable Shamwolf and Druid travel forms.
    Remove all travel forms and speed increase talents. Then see how engaging it is for everyone
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

OK.

OK.
    It's not like Ion has lied before or misrepresented things. Insert eyeroll
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    it's supposed to be
    Such a non-argument.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    The maw is also "required" for renown.
    The renown quest in maw takes 5 minutes to complete.

It isn't rewarding enough to justify the layers of annoyance that have been placed upon it.

The worst thing about the maw gameplay is not that it's a (rather) difficult, movemement controlling area.

But the worst is that the eye of the jailer mechanic makes you want to skip optional content. Pretty much every single rare and every event is up all the time, simply because people avoid doing them. Who ever thought this was a good idea? Completing those should reduce your eye level, and it should simply grow for every second you spend in combat.

The mount limitation is silly, but the Jailer thing is really mind-boggling.

Not sure why Blizzard thinks the maw is so great that they need to limit our time there each day. Believe me, I'd never even set foot in that zone except for the required stuff anyway.

I like it. A lot of people have trouble wrapping their head around the purpose of the zone, it seems.

It's HELL. Especially with world pvp on - which I do as Alliance

I'll fully admit I don't go every day, my Venari rep is not where it could be - but sometimes you're in the mood for some solo play after whatever convenant chores you had, and if you're locked out of your Torg already, that leaves Maw content. Like the Molten Front, it gets easier the more you do it, with more activities, areas and powers too.

I'm worried about what happens when we outgear it towards the end of the first patch though. Will Blizz keep making it harder and adding to it? If so, will people need to do future "current content" to get gear before they can do their first maw dives?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    No idea what I did. I think there was an option for "I like something easier today". Clicked one option...died pretty much immediately because...no clue. Went to wowhead. read the comments that were all furious (but also got the hint what you are supposed to do) and finished it in the next try. Maybe I did chose the easy option (because I doubt I really have any skill )...but I still got credit for the WQ completed.

Is there an achievement or sth tied to the harder version (otherwise I wonder why one would do it)?
    Aerial Ace is the achievement for the challenge course. There seems to be an easy, moderate, and challenge course (I've never clicked the dialogue option for the easier option, so I'm not really sure what it's like). You can only opt into the challenge course once you've completed the moderate course once (it might show up after doing the easy course, but I'm not sure). It's a lot more challenging than the standard course (it took me several tries just to get the timing down on the first jump).

Quote Originally Posted by TheAld View Post
    Suramar quests did feel so much better than the Maw.

The biggest problem with the Maw is that there's no real reason for us to be there - the story hasn't done a great explanation of why we're going back there daily. Our 'friends' are in Torghast, separate to the Maw. It's also very repetitive, there's a lack of interesting events, or rares, or things changing daily in there.
    Suramar was visually great, but annoying to navigate... didnt enjoy it.

I like questing in the Maw. It’s not like it takes any length of time. As for why? We’re preparing ourselves for Torghast. Both in terms of mechanics and lore. We’re sent different places and unlock areas gradually.... and in reality its only the weekly quests you really have to do

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Remove all travel forms and speed increase talents. Then see how engaging it is for everyone
    I do not give 1/4 of a shit how engaging it is for anyone. It's going to be what it was developed to be, I just want to equally spread the misery.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    While questionable, it's not necessarily as odd. At least their mounts behave consistently. The summoned demons are generally used to fighting as well, unlike the steeds.
    You know the "steed" is a demon, right? So all demons can be summoned there by the warlock.....except for 2. The only two that happen to be ridable.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of Maw. A hell where you're not welcome. But there's a couple simple changes they could do to make it more entertaining.

1) Make it more rewarding (And I'm not talking about stygia, but other rewards)
    2) Reduce the amount of time you have available there daily

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I like the idea of Maw. A hell where you're not welcome. But there's a couple simple changes they could do to make it more entertaining.

1) Make it more rewarding (And I'm not talking about stygia, but other rewards)
    2) Reduce the amount of time you have available there daily
    Yeah it does seem that it forces you to spend more time that you need to. More fast travel options would help.