Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    The Maw is a wasteland containing 4 daily quests. Just to increase the difficulty of doing them, they give you no mount and annoy you with the eye of the jailer things.

Is that supposed to be fun?
    In Legion we had Suramar, one of the best things Blizzard has ever done. Shadowland's version of Suramar is The Maw, a tedious wasteland?

This is worse than broken shore. What value is there in this place?
    its supposed to be the hell of warcraft universe.

i mean.....its supposed to suck lol.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    they just can't design these kind of ( namely molten front and pre-flying nazjatar ) maps. i mean, they can but they simply don't deliver.

tastes differ ofcourse but maw is just the cherry of the cake in my book. i just can't stand the place.

dull and unimaginative, to say the least.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    they just can't design these kind of ( namely molten front and pre-flying nazjatar ) maps. i mean, they can but they simply don't deliver.

tastes differ ofcourse but maw is just the cherry of the cake in my book. i just can't stand the place.

dull and unimaginative, to say the least.
    I thought naZjatar was terrible. This looks much worse
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

My biggest problem with it is the fact that if you want to solo clear Torghast 7 and 8, those upgrades are mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    The maw is also "required" for renown.
    Ok let's focus the discussion here. We were talking about grinding for reputation ... you need to put your foot in the Maw because the campaign sends you there and because you need to spend 5 minutes a week to collect souls...So let's not confuse going there once a week a few minutes and eventually having to do some quest with doing a dailies/rares route every day.

Yeah, I stand with my previous statement: fuck Ve'nari and his ethereal broker ass.

The Maw is probably the only bad thing about Shadowlands. I stopped going there except for the weekly stuff. It's just not worth it. Ion's play time metrics can go fuck themselves.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

There's several things in the Maw that annoy me like lack of mounts, the general confusion I feel navigating (I swear I still have no idea what's north, west, east or south) and a lot of the things are designed to annoy you (whether its the chains, the assassins, the abductors or just the abilities mobs have) yet I wouldn't call the zone bad. They're going for something different and it's interesting. It's meant to be a place you don't want to spend that much time in, and unlike other daily quest zones that have gone for similar things (icecrown, tanaan or antorus) it actually feels like death is creeping closer and the longer you stay the sweatier it gets.

Is the Maw the worst thing Blizzard has made?

Warcraft III Reforged has entered the chat....

But seriously, while the Maw is probably not the worst thing Blizzard has ever made, it is definitely the low point of an otherwise pretty good expansion. It is the only thing I dread doing: Do my Covenant quests? Great! Do a couple Torghast Runs? Fun! Run some dungeons? Ok! Oh God....I still haven't done my daily Maw quests. It's more a chore you feel obligated to do than something you enjoy doing, in other words: Not Fun...

I get the maw is thematically hell. But it's reached the point with lack of rewards, lack of fun that nobody i know even bothers with that shithole anymore. May as well not even be in the expansion.

I like it and it fits to the theme where we rescue and redeem souls.I also like the earned unlockable graple hook,portals which makes it faster.The presence of constant danger with jailer threat ,found it fast and enjoyable .Also a tip for for you ppl out there get handynotes shadowlands its shows all portal locations and info you need to get it done.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont do the DQ in the maw only Torghast. The bennifit to enjoyment ratio is way off. i agree fuck the maw. especially considering what they have delivered in the past with suramar

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by makls View Post
    I like it and it fits to the theme where we rescue and redeem souls.I also like the earned unlockable graple hook,portals which makes it faster.The presence of constant danger with jailer threat ,found it fast and enjoyable .Also a tip for for you ppl out there get handynotes shadowlands its shows all portal locations and info you need to get it done.
    its not that we dont get how to navigate it, its just that its shit design and almost literally no fun at all.

They developed the Maw and forgot about it for the rest of the development and it shows..

Maybe. Torghast is getting there, the more they nerf us and buff it.

Maw is OK for what it is. It falls short, I agree but I do not mind it that much. I also use it as a PvP ground. I created my own sandbox where I farm herbs and alliance. Torghast is boring as fuck though.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Maw is fine. Doesn't bother my the least.

Torghast is AS EXPECTED a huge pile of crap. It's worse than Timeless Island and Suramar combined, and those were exceptionally bad.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The wurst thing blizz has made is Sylvanna's arc since WoD

Surumar was great, The Maw is awful. It's such a void of imagination, devoid of life and joy and Blizzard succeeded too well in creating that vibe, it truly is just a dead empty boring expanse filled with a few annoyances to put the icing on the cake.

If not for the nagging feeling that it's a requirement due to how strong sockets are, most people would not bother. They have created a mandatory grind area (if you want any hope of being competitive in the medium/long term) that really is up there with the worst content they have put in this game since inception. Infact I have not been doing it daily and if/when that results in me no longer being able to compete due to sockets I will just move on from WoW again.

Otherwise the expansion is great, but the maw I'd rather take a pass on.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I personally like the Maw, it's meant to be this horrid place that is basically just a hellish nightmare, it's not meant to be pleasant because this is where the worst of the worst go, the entirely irredeemable souls go here to be tormented and tortured for eternity so it would be weird if it's a beautiful place.
    If you don't like to go there, then don't? Afaik it's not necessary to do it, sure you need it for rep with Ve'nari to unlock the socket thing but if that's what your after just do her weeklies and skip the rest if you hate the place so much that's what I do and it's enough to keep up fairly well, sure I'll be a week or two behind everyone else who's going at it doing the dailies etc but I'm not intending to push mythic so I don't give a damn about minmaxing the sockets.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, Warcraft 3 Reforged is still a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Maw = A cave you do some quests in then leave.
    I like this idea, now I can just think of it as a giant cave.