Regarding the Torghast changes.

To those who are worried regarding the changes, and saying "Blizzard nerfed for casuals" is nothing further from the truth.

It was RNG based anyways. I have completed Torghast Layer 7 pre-nerf but the other wing for layer 7, it was waaay hard. I tried many times and I came into a conclusion that not all wings were balanced.

So Layer 7 in 1 wing (Upper reaches) was very easy, but layer 7 in the 2nd wing was very hard?

pre-nerf Layer 8 was impossible to beat. I would welcome if they just kept the difficulty for layer 8, but at least reward us, so that we have a goal.

Can you see that it was not logical regarding the layers and how reward system was flawed? Layer 7 was doable, but it offered majority of the Ash and layer 8 was impossible to do but it offered 40 Ash and nothing else. No achievement no extra legendary powers, nothing.

Post-nerf I have completed all of the 8 layers and I didn't feel any happier.

DH Havoc 192 ilvl

There is already a thread on these changes.

Do you not see the problem where something was "impossible" for some but not for others is now stupidly easy for everyone?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the difficulty was the problem as much as the fact that this content leads directly to player power, but it was still a concern.

The problem with Torghast had been that there was a disproportionate disparity in power between mobs and bosses, that duos of DPS had a real tough time, and that the risk/reward ratio was too much to the risk side: I spend 45-60 minutes clearing floors to get to a boss I cannot beat, and have nothing to show for it. It is very frustrating.

I know the Mage tower gets a lot of play here as a comparison, but the Mage tower was something you could do fairly quickly, and was completely optional. So if you failed at it, you didn't have a significant time investment, and you lost nothing in terms of power.

Of course, this is all subjective. Different classes and of course different players produce different experiences, and for people who enjoyed the challenge and defeated it, there can be a sense of "why nerf what was fun?", but I don't believe Blizzard nerfed the content because some people were complaining; I am certain they looked at their own data and saw there were issues. When it comes to difficulty, the designers are in a tough spot; too hard, and it becomes the realm of the elite only, and perhaps the elite wannabes. Too easy and even doing it for Soul Ash becomes another chore. I think there is a sweet spot, and I hope the recent changes get us there.

I'd like to see more of the material bags as anima choices, I'd like to see them on the vendors, and I'd like them to be a guarantee via bad luck protection. Simple reason? If you do come on a level where you grind out 5 floors and just can't get past the boss, at least you has something to show for it, besides a chunky repair bill.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Upper Reaches still has some near-unkillable level endbosses (Empowered Imperial mobs), just wasted more than 1 hour on my prot warrior banging my head against them. Trying to stay alive when constantly and unavoidably pacified is soo fun. Clearly noone has ever tested these. Had to give up at the end of level 5 in layer 8. These ones are absolutely overtuned as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    pre-nerf Layer 8 was impossible to beat.
    What are you talking about? I did layer 8 before the nerf with my Priest and my DH. Did it ever occur to you that you either got very unlucky with the anima powers or are not nearly as good as you think you are?

There's always this implied undertone that, if YOU can't do Torghast, then it must be impossible. Because you are such an amazing player that there just can't possibly be any other explanation.
    Last edited by Masternap; 2020-12-18 at 08:22 PM.