Thread: Warlocks in PvP

Warlocks in PvP

So i just got back to the game after taking a break (skipped all of BfA) and am wondering how warlocks are doing in pvp mainly arenas my lock is currently lvl 57 but im finding out from a couple posts that we are at the bottom of the tier list in terms of arena? never in any expansion has that been the case and want to know from any experienced players that have been experimenting in arena if thats true. I mainly play wow for arenas was 2400 in legion so i want a dominant class and i am wondering if i made a mistake picking a lock as my main for this expansion

Yeah if you rolled a warlock because you want a dominant class, you are doing the exact opposite atm. There are only 2 warlocks beyond 2k rating, its the worst class for pvp atm, all 3 specs involved. The current meta is melee, with all the gap closers and interrupts/huge burst they have, warlock stayed obsolote as a hard caster. They even made affli a hard casting spec, imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorad View Post
    The current meta is melee
    Not only current, the melee took overhand in BfA because even in Legion I liked to play my warlock in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayx View Post
    So i just got back to the game after taking a break (skipped all of BfA) and am wondering how warlocks are doing in pvp mainly arenas my lock is currently lvl 57 but im finding out from a couple posts that we are at the bottom of the tier list in terms of arena? never in any expansion has that been the case and want to know from any experienced players that have been experimenting in arena if thats true. I mainly play wow for arenas was 2400 in legion so i want a dominant class and i am wondering if i made a mistake picking a lock as my main for this expansion
    You have a limited number of comps but it is doable for now ... Once melee get the 233 weapons and heals have +40k hp -they won't care about UA dispel sop much- and if no melee nurfs or lock buffs come .. It will be a disaster for the class ..

If you really enjoy lock the most like me stick with it .. If not fire mage or shadow priest or boomi ..

Quote Originally Posted by Slayx View Post
    With melee clases having slows/gap closers, múltiple stuns and kicks and doing 7-10k crits, playing lock is really hard, you can go with the legendary that gives corruption a perma slow and get a good combo, try disc priest/dk/aff lock. But warlocks are deff in a bad spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragb View Post
    With melee clases having slows/gap closers, múltiple stuns and kicks and doing 7-10k crits, playing lock is really hard, you can go with the legendary that gives corruption a perma slow and get a good combo, try disc priest/dk/aff lock. But warlocks are deff in a bad spot.
    I reached 1400 in 2s on my destro lock. Not gonna lie, I celebrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't even try as warlock tbh... other classes have a counter to everything we have and more, unless they don't focus you for more than 15 seconds you are screwed :S

Roll a hunter, they are what destro lock should be: Aimed shot = chaos bolt , great mobility + steady shot while moving, good defensive cooldowns with healing and their pvp talents are actually quite usefull

Very sad to know that locks are not the same as they were in Lich King. Warlock was the one, who I started playing WoW first

Warlocks are shit in PvP. If left alone then you are fine, but once a warrior or rogue is on you then you are toast. Fear is very very overrated and Death Coil is overrated as well. Warlocks need more defensive abilities since our mobility is pure shit.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Warlocks need howl of terror and death coil to be baseline and need soul link to return.

Not gonna lie, the corruption legendary is the most tilting thing I've encountered in 15 years of playing this game. Literally perma slow that mostly can't be dispelled because of UA. Warlock burst in cds is so strong that you either have to focus the warlock or go hide altogether, otherwise you just die. I don't think affli is weak at all, just that some melees roll over any caster right now.

Locks are in a good spot power wise. There's just a few things that need adjusting. First of all the pet summon time doesn't work in PVP. It's extremely easy in this bursty meta to kill a pet with 60% of a players' HP pool and having a 3 minute or 2 minute insta pet isn't enough to counteract that. Secondly the Affliction legendary is bad for the game, its anti-fun and should be changed or nerfed somehow.

The major change that will help locks though is Blizzard nerfing Warriors, Windwalkers, Rets, Firemages and Moonkin down to a more reasonable spot. Atm these classes have god tier utility and insane damage or burst and just flat out decimate lock comps overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Not gonna lie, the corruption legendary is the most tilting thing I've encountered in 15 years of playing this game. Literally perma slow that mostly can't be dispelled because of UA. Warlock burst in cds is so strong that you either have to focus the warlock or go hide altogether, otherwise you just die. I don't think affli is weak at all, just that some melees roll over any caster right now.
    Yes, I have to say, in RBGs in particular, Sacrolash is absolute ultimate cancer and IMO any half decent RBG team should be sporting one afflock just because of it.