Page 1 of 3
LastLast

PragerU Praises Robert E Lee for fighting against "Radical Slave Abolitionists"

A recent video made by PragerU lists and Praises Robert E Lee for being Pro Slavery.

Yet even more proof that the right wing, supports Racists.

Last edited by szechuan; 2021-01-03 at 07:12 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the long-overdue removal of confederate statues and the slow but steady shift in educational narrative in the United States to stop painting the confederacy as some "noble cause," you're bound to see these confederacy apologists, who for some reason see the failed nation of traitors who fought and killed American soldiers over their supposed right to own human beings as property as being an intractable part of their heritage to be proud of, fight back.

But, luckily, time grinds on past them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Statues of great historical figures like Robert E. Lee . . . "

I'm gonna stop the video right there.

Lee was not a "great historical figure". He was violently racist. He was a particularly brutal and vicious slaver. He was a murderous traitor.

He was an important historical figure, in the same sense that Erich von Manstein was important in WWII history, as one of the Nazi Reich's best generals. But still a fucking Nazi and war criminal. It's one thing to look at their tactics independent of their politics and personal failings, it's quite another to celebrate them as a "great figure".

"Lee had connections to George Washington." Yeah, that should underscore how deeply he betrayed everything Washington stood for. It's an embarrassment for Washington's legacy, not a positive for Lee.

Bragging about how he brutally suppressed a slave revolt is, like, super gross. The authors of this are clearly just outright fucking racists.

"Lee deemed slavery a moral and political evil in any country." Fuck right off, you racist PragerU shitbags. Here's the full quote;
    “In this enlightened age, there are few I believe, but what will acknowledge, that slavery as an institution, is a moral and political evil in any country. It is useless to expatiate on its disadvantages. I think it however a greater evil to the white man than to the black race, and while my feelings are strongly enlisted in behalf of the latter, my sympathies are more strong for the former. The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially and physically. The painful discipline they are undergoing is necessary for their instruction as a race, and I hope will prepare and lead them to better things. How long their subjugation may be necessary is known and ordered by a wise Merciful Providence.”

So, "slavery is super bad. But it's worse for us whites than the blacks we enslave. And they're better off being slaves anyway, because they're inferior and ignorant and us abusing them is totally good and something God wants." Racist pro-slavery twaddle. Prager U actually provides some of that, and somehow thinks it's a positive, again underscoring that the authors are just blindly, horrendously racist.

"Lee wasn't a secessionist." And yet, super eager to jump in on leading secessionist forces when given the chance. So basically, just a lie.

Nothing about this man should be celebrated. His grave should be regularly pissed upon and desecrated.

What PragerU are a bunch of white supremacists racist shit bags I am shocked, shocked I tell you...okay not that shocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So, "slavery is super bad. But it's worse for us whites than the blacks we enslave. And they're better off being slaves anyway, because they're inferior and ignorant and us abusing them is totally good and something God wants." Racist pro-slavery twaddle. Prager U actually provides some of that, and somehow thinks it's a positive, again underscoring that the authors are just blindly, horrendously racist.
    Unfortunately, you still see people echoing this sentiment that "blacks were better off as slaves than they would have been free in Africa" today.

Hell, I've seen it on this forum. Within like the past month even.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I would watch the video if only just to see the hoops a bunch of racists white supremacists would say why a bunch of American killing traitors were awesome because they were racist piece of shit but then I would get my Youtube algorithm cluttered with their other videos and other racist white supremacists videos.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    I would watch the video if only just to see the hoops a bunch of racists white supremacists would say why a bunch of American killing traitors were awesome because they were racist piece of shit but then I would get my Youtube algorithm cluttered with their other videos and other racist white supremacists videos.
    Watch those videos incognito mode, or go into history and remove it once over. Generally fixes it for me so my algorithm doesn't become a shitstain of bad arguments.
    - Lars

15+ Year Old Account
    I still don't understand how Conservatives have the gall to act like patriots while honoring the Confederacy and calling for secession... while simultaneously licking the boots of every authority figure around. The ignorance and hypocrisy is astounding.

This video is utterly absurd. It's hard to imagine they signed off on it. They're not even jumping through hoops, they're basically just saying, "this dude deserves statues because he grew up near Washington's house, killed rebel slaves, and thought slavery was good for blacks and bad for whites."

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I still don't understand how Conservatives have the gall to act like patriots while honoring the Confederacy and calling for secession... while simultaneously licking the boots of every authority figure around. The ignorance and hypocrisy is astounding.

This video is utterly absurd. It's hard to imagine they signed off on it. They're not even jumping through hoops, they're basically just saying, "this dude deserves statues because he grew up near Washington's house, killed rebel slaves, and thought slavery was good for blacks and bad for whites."
    Oh, and don't forget, they claim to not be racists, while supporting one of the worst racist presidents' in history. And even claiming that they don't see his racism, there has been a few on this very forum that have said this, even after I link them evidence.

I knew PragerU was bad, but I never thought they would go that far. Geez.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I knew PragerU was bad, but I never thought they would go that far. Geez.
    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Dennis...2University.22

This doesn't include the video here, but they hate gay marriage, deny climate change, and hate Muslims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    What people are willing to do for Koch money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Unfortunately, you still see people echoing this sentiment that "blacks were better off as slaves than they would have been free in Africa" today.

Hell, I've seen it on this forum. Within like the past month even.
    Okay now hear me out, not that these people claiming slavery was good would know, the people sold as slave from Africa, werent free in Africa either. The west have a very westist view of world history, for everthing including the good and the bad, where Africa and part of Asia is somehow just nothing of relevence, youd think they had no monarchy or anything, just wild humans running around getting picked up as slaves!. My vote is, slaves are bad where ever they lived at. So when ever they were bought to serve in America, Europe or stayed a slave in Africa, being a slave is not very nice. I just think its kinda wrong to say, hey afro american would have been "free in africa" Even before America was discovered, West africa had one of the biggest slave population in the world, most under African monarchs.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-01-03 at 02:13 PM.

Hmf..."magnolia myth"

There are good reasons to say good things about Lee. But they need objective eyes.

Sadly, pandering to racists is really all a lot of these fake conservative groups have left.

I stopped at the mention of pragerU. What ever happened, of course they are scientfiically illiterate right wing shit lords, that is what their whole existience is build upon.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    What people are willing to do for Koch money.
    Here's JohnBrown1917 complaining about money in a thread about racists while his sig celebrates the 58 million white racists who voted for Trump in 2020. Good job.
    Last edited by Ivanstone; 2021-01-03 at 01:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Here's JohnBrown1917 complaining about money in a thread about racists while his sig celebrates the 58 million white racists who voted for Trump in 2020. Good job.
    It is funny that his view of the working class, is built by Koch brothers. The idea of a worker that willingly gives up his rights to corporate overlords is a right wing ideology. You can’t complain that 70 million people voted for a corporation, because they are workers. Unless you are Trump, where you take that minority and try to overturn the election in the name of the “working class”...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I stopped at the mention of pragerU. What ever happened, of course they are scientfiically illiterate right wing shit lords, that is what their whole existience is build upon.
    What product is Prager U selling?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Yeah, I've seen this a couple of weeks ago.

Ignoring the obvious overt racism and slavery apologetics, the sheer hypocrisy of the John Brown bit is earthshattering.

"We should honor Lee for defeating the radical abolitionist John Brown who was tried and executed for treason after raiding a federal armory."

Like bruh. BRUH! BRUUUUUUUUUUH!

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Yeah, I've seen this a couple of weeks ago.

Ignoring the obvious overt racism and slavery apologetics, the sheer hypocrisy of the John Brown bit is earthshattering.

"We should honor Lee for defeating the radical abolitionist John Brown who was tried and executed for treason after raiding a federal armory."

Like bruh. BRUH! BRUUUUUUUUUUH!
    Stealing some weapons is a tragedy. Stealing half of a country is a statistic.

That's how the saying goes, right?