Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Nice finally. Boosting / selling services for gold has been such a massive mmo feel killer imo. The spamming in /2 is unbearable. It's so bad it did spread to Classic as well.
    "Nice gear, how much did it cost?"
    "Nice mount, how much did it cost?"
    "Nice Ahead of the Gold achievement. How much did it cost?"
    Run selling was always part of vanilla even, we used to sell MC all the time.

And no OP, run selling was given the specific ok by blizz as long as it's gold. I'd dispute and get the black mark off your account. (as long as you weren't spamming)

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Never had such experience when pugging. I'm sorry you had to.
    Sadly it depends on the server and the "community" on that server, some horde servers are toxic when it comes to mythics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i think it was not as much that you were "selling" runs, but that you put it in /2.

I have yet to hear anybody be banned from doing it in LFG.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    Good.Its against the TOS to spam in LFG and even to clog trade chat up with that rubbish.It is one of the reasons the damn economy is so screwed up since they introduced M+. Good to know that reporting does actually help.
    Please enlighten me how advertising a trade in trade chat is against terms of service (it isn't).

Quote Originally Posted by Antitrauma View Post
    English is not my first language, could have been worded better.
    It's my third language, but still. Blizzard writes to you that what you did is against the TOS. Then you ask us if what you did is against the TOS. That should be fairly obvious....

Why ban people offering services in a game in exchange for ingame currency? by that logic a Trade-Channel, Auctionhouse are redundant. ANd banning because you spam /2 or list yourslf on LFG is also laughable. There are many many other things they could and should fix or ban.

Unless the TOS have changed since, you should not have been suspended (unless it was for spam). From a blue post:

Note that while selling assistance with obtaining items, achievements, PvP rating, or other in-game benefits for real-world currency is against the Terms of Use, selling those things in exchange for in-game gold is perfectly legitimate. Players should not feel as though participating in a “gold run” is going to result in negative action taken against their account.
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...y-raid-clears/

Thanks blizz for finally doing something about this <3

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Yeah, i think it was not as much that you were "selling" runs, but that you put it in /2.

Yeah that is what I was lead to believe, it's not like any of the leading guilds aren't doing it anyway, anyway what's happened has happened, no point crying over spilt milk. The way I saw it was it was a service for customer demand and the gold only goes to help pay for my wow token lol. Anyway, I will refrain from doing this in future, I can make plenty of gold selling base mats etc.

So many good things is happening with this game since SL relase... and this is another one.
    I will keep reporting ANY type of advertisement in this game.
    Does not matter if it is in chat or in LFG tool.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hooray.
    It's not good for the game but also not for the boosters (health).
    Report them all!
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    It's my third language, but still. Blizzard writes to you that what you did is against the TOS. Then you ask us if what you did is against the TOS. That should be fairly obvious....
    Well i'd rather not get into a debate about how many languages we all can read and write, for fear of going O/T. So lets keep it limited to the issue at hand .
    Last edited by Justitiaxx; 2020-12-17 at 03:05 PM.

So lets keep it limited to the issue at hand .
    I did. With the rest of the post. It should still have been fairly obvious that whatever it is you did, selling, spamming, don't know, don't care, is against the TOS. Asking us if somethingsomething is against the TOS, is pointless. You had your answer before you even made this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Your starting post says that selling regards of currency is against TOS. That would be a massive change in direction, as they have always allowed selling for gold. Your later post says that it's about where you sold it, not just the selling itself. Were you banned for selling, or for spamming? Seems you need to clear this up because most of the responses here reflect confusion over this point.
    Well they are crystal clear about it, they won't tolerate boost selling regardless what currency is used, original text of email posted for your reference:

Account Action: Suspended until 2020/12/17

This account was recently caught advertising in the World of Warcraft Group Finder [ It was trade chat actually not LFG] for in-game services like boosts or carries. This may also include advertising external sources or websites. This action—regardless of the payment method—violate our http://battle.net/support/article/7390 Code of Conduct and create an unacceptable detriment to our players.

As the account holder, you are responsible for all activity on the account. We issue suspensions and closures to protect our players and our service in accordance with the http://blizzard.com/company/legal/eula.html Blizzard EULA.

We don't take this decision lightly. Our team issued this action after a careful review of relevant evidence. Our support staff will not overturn this penalty and may not respond to appeals.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn awesome, finally something good coming out of that support team

Last I had heard it wasn't the selling of runs for gold that was an issue so much as advertising them through the LFG tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post

The reverse is supposed to be true so long as your not spamming it.

That said I do admit simply giving a cut to the carry discods tends to be more elegant then spamming and unless your selling a premium service makes you more gold.

I dont see anything wrong with doing this in trade chat. Are you sure there wasn't a message on the LFG finder? I believe they said that was against ToS. I'd never buy a boost and hate the lfg spam, but ignore the hate on here OP. They just salty

Well they are crystal clear about it, they won't tolerate boost selling regardless what currency is used, original text of email posted for your reference:

Account Action: Suspended until 2020/12/17

This account was recently caught advertising in the World of Warcraft Group Finder [ It was trade chat actually not LFG] for in-game services like boosts or carries. This may also include advertising external sources or websites. This action—regardless of the payment method—violate our http://battle.net/support/article/7390 Code of Conduct and create an unacceptable detriment to our players.

As the account holder, you are responsible for all activity on the account. We issue suspensions and closures to protect our players and our service in accordance with the http://blizzard.com/company/legal/eula.html Blizzard EULA.

We don't take this decision lightly. Our team issued this action after a careful review of relevant evidence. Our support staff will not overturn this penalty and may not respond to appeals.
    Contest it. GMs rarely if ever read tickets much less investigate them. If you are telling the truth you can get the mark taken off your account.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Reading the replies here are ridiculous. Id love it if someone can give me a valid reason why going out of your way to spend time dragging someone through content so that they can reap the rewards, be it gear, weekly or a mount from a raid, is a bad thing.

Trade chat is there to trade, its in the name, the definition of trading is and I quote "the business of buying and selling goods and services" See the word services there?

Its annoying seeing people in the LFG section filling it up with boosts, and I will admit in that sense, they shouldn't be in there filling it up with crap, and they should be warned if they do, but how you can ban someone for taking in-game gold to take someone through a dungeon is just fucking stupid.

Its an MMORPG for fucks sake, I don't know what the fuck you people are on about saying it ruins the feel of an MMO, part of an MMORPG is having an in-game economy, its also an RPG. Role playing game!Role playing involves acting out things, if you want to be a warrior, you can be! If you want to be a druid, you can! If you want to be a sword for hire to drag someone through hard content, then you should be able to be. Why selling a service like people do in real life for real currency isn't allowed in the form of selling an in-game service for in-game currency isn't allowed outright makes no sense.

You all just sound salty that there are people out there making millions off this and people who have millions that are able to blow it on mounts and weekly chests.

I guess we should start banning people asking for tips when making their potions, blacksmithing, enchants etc. Because they're only willing to help you if you give them free gold to do it. Infact, we should ban people who refuse to make you an item you want if you hand them the mats.

We should also ban all the mages asking for gold to make portals, because that's a service too. And anyone willing to use their 2 seater mount to fly someone low level somewhere, but only for a small fee, ban them too.

If you didn't get it already, selling services is part of what makes an MMORPG's economy exists and something unique among games, you shouldn't get banned for doing things for gold.
    Ppl are gonna argue that buying boosts gets bad players gear that they don't deserve. Then they're gonna ignore the fact that you can pay real money to blizz for gold to buy boes with lol