Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Except it does take too long and I'm speaking about Torghast not any heroic dungeons or anything like that, nobody is making the comparison but you.
    I'm aware of that.

I made the comparison because it seems that's what people want the place to head towards to. It's long, it's hard, so let's reverse that, meaning, a fast paced aoe fest aka wotlk heroics.

What is "too long"? Yday night I spent at least an hour and half doing Upper reaches 7 and 8 and the other one's level 8. That's perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Dunno, last week it took me about 45 minutes to clear one layer 6 clearing everythinf
    That's better than taking a wopping hour for a fullclear. Depending on the map and gear it may take a bit longer, but a full hour for 4 floors is quite.. amazing(?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    that is not what i said

people that cry that every class/spec can't be expected to stroll into torghast and solo it every time don't like MMOs

imagine walking into classic and crying "why can't my rogue provide mara runs"
    If Torghast is supposed to be soloable (which Blizzard made clear it is supposed to be) then every class should have a roughly equal difficulty getting through it, assuming gear and skill are the same.

Your argument is a false equivalence, no one has ever expected rogues to be able to provide 5 man dungeon runs.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    True but mage tower stayed somewhat challenging though it was based on spec some did have it utterly free. Torghast now is just... dead. Never mind outgraring it you can mindlessly crush it at 171 ilv now.
    no, no it did not. you could go in blind with dbm during antorus and get most of your appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    no, no it did not. you could go in blind with dbm during antorus and get most of your appearances.
    Depend on class and spec I did all 36.

If your running 15s or heroic to gear you already match them skill wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    Twisting Corridors is suppose to be the "Balls to the walls" experience of Torghast. Or was... I still recall when it was called "The infinite tower" but, I digress.

Supposedly this is suppose to be harder than the "Base" Torghast but how do you all think that will check out now after the nerfs to the core tower? Do you think Twisting Corridors will remain as strong as was the original intent or do you think nerfs will follow suit?

Unlike the main tower (Which btw, no one is holding you at gun point to do, if you don't enjoy the tower, just don't enter it) - Twisting Corridors is suppose to give ONLY Cosmetic Rewards. A Pet at 2, a toy at 4 which lets you look like a Mawsworn, a title at 6 (Spirestalker) and a Mount at 8 which lets everyone RP as Worgens in the Maw. I mean; everyone gets to mount again.

First of all; with how Layer 8 is now going to be reduced to about the same power as Layer 6 was before the nerfs; the main tower itself will rapidly become a joke. It may pose some challenges still but as gear piles up; even Joey-Casual can sneeze and down the entirety of what is about to become layer 8 of the main tower - And I sort of fear what implications that will have on Twisting Corridors (Given I already had these fears due to the mount reward at layer 8 of Twisting but yeah, this won't make it any better)

Player already feel like they are entitled to just getting rewards. Never mind that we are literally scaling the tower of what is essentially the home of WoW's Grim Reaper. Screw having a challenge in there? It should be a breeze as usual... And I fear that will reach Twisting Corridors.

I still want Torghast to offer a challenge and I HOPE Twisted Corridors holds up and that people crying out for "THIS MOUNT SHOULD BE MINE" is going to be ignored. Since no you do not need that mount, no you do not NEED easy access to running across The Maw.

So what do you all think? Belive that Twisting Corridors will be nerfed to the ground? Or do you all think it will hold up?
    Honestly dont give a shit about the rest of ur post, fix ur delusions, seek professional help dude. No one is holding you at gun point? we have to do torghast in order to do the none garbo content.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Depend on class and spec I did all 36.

If your running 15s or heroic to gear you already match them skill wise.
    I did all 36 as well, lol. that's why I'm saying what I'm saying.
    I did about half in nh/tos and the other half towards the tail end... you could reach 110, spend a week in lfr and do mage tower coming up to the end.

Yeah no. Anyone who currently struggles with Torghast (Which should be reduced to about "Not a single soul" once the nerf goes live) are not people in the bracket that NEEDS legendaries for content. These are players who does not have a bar to entry anywhere. And even if they SEE that bar and run face first into it instead of sidestepping it by not trying to only join "FULL RAID CLEAR ILVL 220+ LINK ACH, HAVE GOOD RIO" groups (which they have no reason to join) that bar can be completely ignored by starting your own group or god forbidd, join a guild or community aimed to your level of play.
    Wrong, people who struggle need any help they get.

Do you think Twisting Corridors will remain as strong as was the original intent or do you think nerfs will follow suit?
    They'll gut Twisting too, because LFR players in heroic blues won't be able to do it. Can't have that, now can we?
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Wrong, people who struggle need any help they get.
    Yet if that "help" is gear which is locked behind content that they can't do (Like apparently people is doing Torghast in close to full mythic dungeon loot and still failing) - Then that "help" is clearly a helping hand they should not get. It's so clear that many people just mass AoE pull, ignore to look at NPC abilities / casts and just whines when they die because this isn't as steamroll as the Horrific Visions. The Legendaries is not a necessary asset for anyone that flops at the content above because they do not have the mindset to stay out of the fire clearly; in which case no amount of gear will "help".

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    Honestly dont give a shit about the rest of ur post, fix ur delusions, seek professional help dude. No one is holding you at gun point? we have to do torghast in order to do the none garbo content.
    Read my comment above, you're wrong.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    we have to do torghast in order to do the none garbo content.
    What does that have to do with Twisting Corridors? That place is only for cosmetics.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What does that have to do with Twisting Corridors? That place is only for cosmetics.
    Kinda... it's the only place you can get a mount that works beyond a rare bit monthly quest.

I expect it will be a popular seller item since you don't have to split the gold with other people to sell the carry.

Nerf it all to the ground!

Yet if that "help" is gear which is locked behind content that they can't do (Like apparently people is doing Torghast in close to full mythic dungeon loot and still failing) - Then that "help" is clearly a helping hand they should not get. It's so clear that many people just mass AoE pull, ignore to look at NPC abilities / casts and just whines when they die because this isn't as steamroll as the Horrific Visions. The Legendaries is not a necessary asset for anyone that flops at the content above because they do not have the mindset to stay out of the fire clearly; in which case no amount of gear will "help".
    While I essentially agree with you, you overexaggarate many things:
    - Horrific visions were not steamrollable by most classes. I would rate them as (way) more difficult than current Torghast, simply because of the time limit.
    - People standing in fire are the ones, that need to offset their skill through outgearing content. Which is why the ilvl requirements for PUGs are often astronomical. You're essentially saying that they don't deserve it, which is kinda true but also illogical considering how skill and gear are intertwined.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    They had to nerf normal Torghast because blizzard unfortunately gated player power behind it. I don’t see endless mode being nerfed at all if it’s cosmetic only.
    That's the problem I think. They nerfed normal Torghast, but also heroic and mythic Torghast. Nerfs shouldn't have been this extreme, mythic should still be hard. I think layer 7 was good balance, 8 maybe was too much.

The higher layer you go, you get less and less Soul ash for it, so essentially doing layer 7 vs layer 8 in a week is 80 soul ash difference? Considering you don't need many legendaries, because you can equip only 1 at a time (for now), there's enough Soul Ash not to stay too much behind. In the end, that loss of 80 per week may result in 1 week delay comparing to others, I don't see that as a bad thing.

I do agree though that the runs took a very long time, so I wish they could keep their difficulty somewhat, but become shorter per run.

It would be cool to leave it very challenging and have spec-specific leaderboards so the whiners shut up about X spec being stronger in torghast. Maybe special titles and mounts for highest clearers per spec or is that too meritocratic for the pink haired modern gamer?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    That's the problem I think. They nerfed normal Torghast, but also heroic and mythic Torghast. Nerfs shouldn't have been this extreme, mythic should still be hard. I think layer 7 was good balance, 8 maybe was too much.

The higher layer you go, you get less and less Soul ash for it, so essentially doing layer 7 vs layer 8 in a week is 80 soul ash difference? Considering you don't need many legendaries, because you can equip only 1 at a time (for now), there's enough Soul Ash not to stay too much behind. In the end, that loss of 80 per week may result in 1 week delay comparing to others, I don't see that as a bad thing.

I do agree though that the runs took a very long time, so I wish they could keep their difficulty somewhat, but become shorter per run.
    There is no heroic or mythic Torghast?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Even if it turns out to be more challenging than the other wings, I'm sure it will be nerfed over time because challenging content is rarely welcomed.
    So I have my doubts that it will be challenging at all, or stay as such for long if it is.

I watched the best DK player on earth spend 2 hours trying to defeat the first door guard on level 1 of an 8 layer tower and he was item level 206.
    You obviously don't understand that they are increasing tower difficulty every week so that means you are meant to be able to beat the towers with skill and planning now with current gear. Simple fact is ita over-tuned af atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Before the nerfs and even before they buffed the shaman anima powers, I was having a very easy time in Torghast on my enhancement shaman. I get that the experience differs wildly from spec to spec, but when layer 8 of Torghast wasn't even difficult for me before the nerfs, I can't even imagine how much of a cakewalk it would be now, much less Twisting Corridors where you'll inevitably finish the run with some 90+ powers.
    Yes and of course you managed to kill patrician cromwell with enhancement shaman before his nerfs
    yess, teach me master