Poll: Which game was a bigger disappointment?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Honestly they are both equally expected and disappointing.

FO76 was never going to be good, Beth jumped head first into the free for all gameplay that was going on and wanted to make a survival game out of it. They've routinely mishandled the FO franchise, and even though these games are supposed to be shooters at heart, they play awfully. FO76 was just another title in a long line of games from Bethesda that isn't The Elder Scrolls.

CDPR got way too wrapped up in politicking for their game and they should have just shut their fucking mouths and made it. A lot of good listening to all the "industry experts" did now that they "no-crunched" their way to a mediocre release. They should have just delayed again and put the whole company to the whip as they used to. Who fucking cares about your 60 hour week, a lot of good those 40 hour weeks did you now that you can't even put the game on your resume if you wanted to leave CDPR.

All in all, which is the bigger disappointment... I'd have to say FO76. FO76 wasn't even a game on release, there were barely any new art assets, hardly any voice work, no real story or narrative... It was what I'd expect of a tech demo in 2005.

CDPR created their own issues, but the game is highly ambitious and a lot of people still enjoy the game, as long as they have something that can run it. Maybe if CDPR held on to the game for another 6 months and released it into a market with better hardware and more bug fixes... Still I can't help but get the feeling that if Bethesda released this game, we would be giving them the usual "Bethesda pass" for its bugs and other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Staytuned is either troll or hypocrite who claims video games are a waste of time and adults shouldn’t play them,yet he has over 10k posts on a video game fourm. Just disregard everything he says and put him on your ignore list.
    It was painfully obvious that he didn’t have a clue about the game beyond Act 1 when he claimed it was nothing but a giant Fixer quest with nothing else to do. If he had actually done something in the main part of the game, then he would have realized there are actually a lot of really good side quests that are just as good and sometimes better, than the main story line. Not to mention all the crafting, exploring, and loot.

Dude played the prologue of a game for 60 hours and then went online to bitch about it. He’s about as fucking dumb as they come.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    You people are mentally challenged, 76 is a far better, *actual* game with real content and insane replayability.

Shitpunk is barely functional enough to be called a game, and even with patches it'll never solve the underlying lack of direction and pure garbage systems implementation.

But it's funny seeing this denial in action, you cute lil' druggies.
    The only mentally challenged person I see here is you. If you honestly believe that pile of shit you just regurgitated out of your mouth, then you have to be one of the dumbest fucking people I’ve ever seen.

Either that or you’re Todd Howard. Which would still make my original point stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Staytuned is either troll or hypocrite who claims video games are a waste of time and adults shouldn’t play them,yet he has over 10k posts on a video game fourm. Just disregard everything he says and put him on your ignore list.
    When did I said anything like that? I remember saying once that there are more productive things to do, but that everyone should still choose what to do with their time. I swear this board is full of people with maximum reading disabilities. For you to remember what I said like once in some random thread you surely must be spending more time here than I do, and be definitely more invested.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    They should have just delayed again and put the whole company to the whip as they used to. Who fucking cares about your 60 hour week, a lot of good those 40 hour weeks did you now that you can't even put the game on your resume if you wanted to leave CDPR.
    Dude it's a video game and you've got to chill. Working conditions that don't totally suck are more important than your specific expectations being met. They're bad enough as is.

Fallout 76 is way worse. There is a good game behind all the technical issues of Cyberpunk 2077.

10+ Year Old Account
    There wasn't a single redeeming feature about Fallout 76. Everything about it was shit. Terrible story (was there even really one?), terrible graphics, terrible gameplay, terrible monetization, way worse bugs than Cyberpunk, lies about the collector edition items...

Cyberpunk may not be the 2nd coming of Jesus like many people wanted it to be, but it's far from the disaster Fallout 76 was.

I never understood cyberpunk hype. First trailer - mediocre clunky shooting. Okay. How is that generating hype? Then the company itself - Witcher 1 to 2 were mediocre niche games, they never had mass appeal. Gwent was multiple failures if you count every redesign and relaunch as a separate failure.

This company had only one okay game - Witcher 3. And it wasn't groundbreaking or very good or addictive.

Where the fuck was this hype coming from? Because dum dum le epic maymayers get a hard on for one celebrity (there was that harry potter girl, then hunger games girl, then dicaprio, and now keanu reeves) and keanu reeves was in it?? Jesus.

--

I have this game downloaded since launch, still haven't even bothered installing it.
    Last edited by ldev; 2020-12-20 at 09:34 PM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    I have this game downloaded since launch, still haven't even bothered installing it.
    Why do you buy games on release, if you obviously don't want to play them?

fallout 76 of course. Even the concept is inferior to anything cyberpunk is

15+ Year Old Account
    I never cared about Cyberpunk whatsoever and didn't buy it, but 76 is a bigger disappointment for me personally. But objectively, I think Cyberpunk might be even worse. It's debatable.

Out of all the bugs you heard about with 76, I only experienced 2. One is whatever and not game breaking, which is monsters stuck in T pose.
    The other "bug", if you can even call it that, is the servers are so bad you can't even have a session without being screwed over. I need 2 hands to count how many times I was enjoying myself in 76, right in the middle of something, only to be dropped from the server. I literally get Server Disconnected every time I try to play 76. It eventually just became unplayable, between getting d/c every 30-hour, to having moronic stash limitations; if Cyberpunk is a single, 76 isn't even on the damn dart board.
    Last edited by msdos; 2020-12-20 at 10:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People forget that not only did FO76 launch in a state SO TERRIBLE they basically had to rebuild the game.. But NOT before bilking people of more money from ingame AND out of game purchases BEFORE THE FIXES were even made. Oh, and they refused to give refunds.

CP77 is launching in a bad shape for specific consoles, and yes.. it was shitty of them to actively not make mention of it, but lets save the pitchforks til we have hit 30days of nonsense. At least they were kind enough to honor refunds almost immediately after it came out.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Cyberpunk 2077

There were barely any hype at all for 76, more negativity, so for it to be buggy didn't really ruin anyone's expectation.
    Cyberpunk on the other hand is one of the most looked forward to games ever, and for it to be released in that state us inexcusable.

By the time Fallout 76 came out, Bethesda had already shown that they were long past their glory days.

Cyberpunk 2077, however, seemed set to be something truly special. Betrayal from a company that holds a lot of good faith among consumers hits far harder than betrayal from a company that has already ruffled feathers on more than one occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Why do you buy games on release, if you obviously don't want to play them?
    Where did I say I bought it? Stop trolling. Game has no DRM, go figure it out.
    Last edited by ldev; 2020-12-21 at 08:10 AM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Biggest disappointment definitely CP2077, simply because I wanted the game to do well. I'm tired of fantasy settings, I needed something like that. I knew fallout 76 was going to be a mess but I didn't expect CDPR to pull a todd Howard on us.
    More broken? Probably fallout76. Probably.
    More disappointing? Cyberpunk 2077 by a mile for me.

I knew 76 would be a complete disaster when it was first announced, so had zero interest in it.

Cyberpunk game play wise, I enjoyed my time with it. Think I had 3 bugs? No other major issues

Story wise, i fucking hate it. Just finished up the story last night. I'm fine with bad endings, when you have good endings to work toward. But there is no "good" ending, every ending V is fucked. Killed any interest in continuing to play it. I knew the ending I was going on wouldn't end well truely. And was hoping to be able to work my ass off to save V. But turns out you are railroaded in all the endings. So I'm done with it and uninstalling it.

Fallout 76 never had the press and mainstream media attention of CP2077. This is a silly and very niche comparison. The two games did not even have the same marketing positioning.

"Gamers" are the worst audience of any medium.

Fallout 76 is a huge missed opportunity. They could have made an amazing Fallout singleplayer game, but decided on that shitty genre. But it was clear from the announcement it was a 'misfire'.

Cyberpunk 2077 is a great game, with bugs and horrid performance on older consoles and outdated computers.

So i'd say Fallout 76, even if both games are nothing alike, in genre, scope, hype, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cyberpunk 2077.

For me I already knew what Fallout 76 was going to be like and after all the games Bethesda released and how consistently buggy and unstable they can be I knew what was coming with Fallout 76 so it wasn't much of a surprise to me. Not only that but it was an online only game so there's really not much to look forward to in those types of games. It's always the same RNG and microtransaction bullshit with those games. So no loss there.

Now for CP 2077 it was a game that I have been looking forward to since it was first revealed back in what? 2013? So after all those years of thinking about it and how it'll look, how it'll play, what it'll be about, it was a massive disappointment seeing how it was released the way it was. I've never seen such a messier release of a game in my life. Not even an Elder Scrolls or Fallout game I don't think was this much of a buggy mess.

Also what gets me too about this whole Cyberpunk mess is that these people had 7 years and multiple delays. So this game should've come out running smooth as butter. A minor bug here and there would be expected of course but not on the scale that were seeing here.

Another thing is that this is coming from CD Projekt Red. Once one of the most respected and trusted developer. They even kept telling us "it'll be released when it's done" and to see how the game actually released just shows how much of a lie that was. So much hype for a game in 2020 that can't even handle save files over 8MB without corrupting your files. It's a real fucking shame.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-12-21 at 08:08 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I think Bethesda's track record speaks volumes, but I nevertheless had no expectations whatsoever for FO76.

CDPR has long held the title as one of the most consumer friendly development studios in the world and their reputation came with increased expectations for any games releases.

I think it's very much a case of "the harder you fall" here as CDPR has thoroughly tanked their reputation with CP2077 while Bethesda had little reputation to tank to begin with as their releases have always been buggy messes.

That said, there's no doubt in my mind that FO76 as the most egregious game release.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*