Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    You can't control what happens to you but you can control your reaction to it. Ppl have bad days and can be going through stuff, but its ultimately your choice to pull yourself out of it. I can guarantee to anyone here thats depressed, that someone somewhere has it way worse than you but is still happy. Start taking steps today to be happy.
    Of coursw you can muster your courage and try to lift yourself over whats keeping you down. But this world has its ways of kicking us back down.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    What young people call cynicism - old people know to be realism.

What young people call hope - old people know to be denial.

When a young person says they plan on changing the world - old people just lol

Generally speaking - 99% of people will end their life at best in a bland, boring way, the advertised 'success' is the exception to the rule.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't try to be in the 1%, but not getting there is to be expected.
    I might be daft, but are you saying do try to be the best, but everyone will always say you're absolute garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by notJoyful View Post
    I might be daft, but are you saying do try to be the best
    I'm saying not being the best is not a case of personal failure, even being below average isn't a case of personal failure.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Hey guys. Someone tell all the doctors and scientist they got it wrong. Depression has nothing to do with chemicals in the brain. It's just a choice..... People just need to choose to be happy and they will be
    Working out of clinical depression is super hard. I hate when people just say that it's a choice.

On the other hand, sometimes sadness is a choice; you have the choice to move on and grow or wallow in it. Sometimes making that choice requires help! Seeking out help is also a choice---never be too proud to find a counselor.

Politics is unavoidably interesting to you because so much of it revolves around seemingly screwing you in cyclical periods depending on your personal ideologies of what makes the world go around.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    You can't control what happens to you but you can control your reaction to it. Ppl have bad days and can be going through stuff, but its ultimately your choice to pull yourself out of it. I can guarantee to anyone here thats depressed, that someone somewhere has it way worse than you but is still happy. Start taking steps today to be happy.
    ^This... taking personal responsibility is a sign of being a true adult. Asking for help is not weakness it is wisdom... and sometimes you can do everything right and still lose... that is not weakness... that is life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Esomeprazol and Ibuprofen are your best allies.
    Personally I find Co-Codomol to work better than Ibuprofen, for me at least anyway.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

It's a total educational failure that it is not mandatory curriculum for schools to teach you basic adult financing.