Page 38 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Yes, they were included. Additionally, China sales were included. In previous expansions like Wrath, China didn't even get the expansion at the same time as NA/EU, and players then were mostly per-hour in internet cafes, which did not require them buying the expansion.
    Based on your response it is apparent you didn't even bother to view the article. Allow me to assist:

VentureBeat: "sold over 3.7 million copies on its launch day"

World Today News: "within 24 hours of its launch, 3.7 million games had been sold worldwide"

Dexerto: shows the presales smashing records before the actual launch day with 3.7M copies sold within a 24 hour period

After other games backing out and taking their time, or even delaying their release (I am looking at you Cyberpunk 2077), it would seem a large chunk of players waited until the game was guaranteed to launch before purchasing. Again, interpretting facts versus spreading interpretations as facts.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    Based on your response it is apparent you didn't even bother to view the article.
    I read it. Unlike you, I understood what it meant. Blizzard counted pre-sales as occurring on launch day.

Here is the actual Activision-Blizzard press release:

https://investor.activision.com/node/33796/pdf

The relevant statement: " Today, Blizzard Entertainment announced that as of the first full day of Shadowlands’ launch, more than 3.7 million units had sold through globally, making it the fastest-selling PC game of all time industry-wide."

Note the words AS OF.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2021-03-13 at 04:14 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I read it. Unlike you, I understood what it meant. Blizzard counted pre-sales as occurring on launch day.
    Can you show me any physical interview or data chart showing where Pre-sales were included? Every article I have seen says, "on launch day" or "in a single 24 hour period" not... "over the course of time since it went up for sale".

Based on your response it is apparent you didn't even bother to view the article. Allow me to assist:

VentureBeat: "sold over 3.7 million copies on its launch day"

World Today News: "within 24 hours of its launch, 3.7 million games had been sold worldwide"

Dexerto: shows the presales smashing records before the actual launch day with 3.7M copies sold within a 24 hour period

After other games backing out and taking their time, or even delaying their release (I am looking at you Cyberpunk 2077), it would seem a large chunk of players waited until the game was guaranteed to launch before purchasing. Again, interpretting facts versus spreading interpretations as facts.
    The incredible thing about what your saying is that this “24 hour period” DOES include months of pre-order sales. If YOU “bother to view” the articles YOU have linked you would know this already.

Congratulations on posting probably the most hypocritical post I have ever seen in my 9 years on this god forsaken forum.

Here is the actual Activision-Blizzard press release:

https://investor.activision.com/node/33796/pdf
    This is a reliable source, and had it been used in your initial comment, you might not have gotten any flack or pushback. I accept your proof and retract my previous statement. Thank you for offering facts to support your claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Declaron View Post
    The incredible thing about what your saying is that this “24 hour period” DOES include months of ore-order sales. If YOU “bother to view” the articles YOU have linked you would know this already.

Congratulations on posting probably the most hypocritical post I have ever seen in my 9 years ok this god forsaken forum.
    I just corrected myself and made my public announcement of it to the person with whom I was conversing. You are welcome to take your opinion elsewhere, or offer something constructive. Your post is a personal opinion, and attack, and has nothing to do with the subject matter. I have already made peace with the Osmeric post. Also, the use of "as of" in the official Blizzard statement is what corrects my inaccuracy, not the posts I shared.
    Last edited by OMGTwitchTV; 2021-03-13 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Adjusted grammatical error.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    The other type of content is player-created and infinitely repayable due to its very nature. The most obvious example is PvP but other examples include your experience raiding with a guild you like or making a friend. The reason the old expansions have so much nostalgia is because the game used to be much better at supporting the creation of this type of content. This is where the term "community" really comes from and why people feel the game is no longer immersive despite the fact that its still incredibly popular.

Blizzard has taken no initiative to support stuff like this - they'd rather make more and more sections of WoW an e-sport.
    Wise words here. Rather than having organic social experience game is trying hard to support "competition" LOL.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Wise words here. Rather than having organic social experience game is trying hard to support "competition" LOL.
    PvP, World Firsts, Raider IO... anyone who didn't realize competition is a part of the game needs to go back to the drawing board. Also, when you look at the four covenants, it too breed competition. But since resources are now pretty much shared and not fought over, and anyone can hit the same NPC someone else (of the same faction) has attacked, there is very little competition left in the game save for those who want to be AotC in everything. It may be cooperative gameplay, but there are still competitive edges to be seen. After all, if it were easy, everyone would be riding the M 15+ mount around Oribos.

IMO this is by far the worst xpac wow has had i have had no fun at all so far

Quote Originally Posted by Darkviper 2187 View Post
    IMO this is by far the worst xpac wow has had i have had no fun at all so far
    Compared to WoD? When did you start playing? Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Wouldn’t the fact that by Cata WoW had over 100 million players, but only ever 12 million max concurrent players pretty clearly state their retention rate had always been really bad?
    Wow Cata had 100million subs? You fbs are out of this world
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Wow Cata had 100million subs? You fbs are out of this world
    lol read what he said again,he didnt mean 100milion at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Haidaes already told you. The problem with your argument is that this kind of behaviour is normal for the industry. It's nothing to do with Blizzard at all, that's just how game lifecycles have gone for decades. 50% loss isn't alarming in the first place, and isn't an indication of anything other than that it is a video game.
    Yeah yeah blame the players for the game for being shite, blame "mmo trends" for a 50% decline even before the first patch is being put out. Why do I not see FF having a 50% decline for so early into an expansion? And yeah MMO is so dead that the 50% decline coincided with an upsurge in FF subs. And isn't WoW supposed to be representative of the MMO genre in the first place? Whose fault is it then that for this supposed decline in the interest of the genre?
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Compared to WoD? When did you start playing? Legion?
    wod had a much stronger feeling to it,the world and the leveling experience was probably the best since wrath's,and the raiding was fenomenal,granted sl still has plenty left there but so far castle is far weaker than highmaul,besides the theme of the raid everything else is disapointing

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    lol read what he said again,he didnt mean 100milion at the same time

He was obviously trying to exaggerate things to BS his way through the argument. FBs are so ridiculous and desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    He was obviously trying to exaggerate things to BS his way through the argument. FBs are so ridiculous and desperate.
    He was not exaggerating. There was a blue post at the time - that I remember distinctly - claiming that 100 million WoW accounts had been created BY this point of the game.
    Pretty sure blizzard added up multiple accounts, all regions, trial accounts, etc. to get to that figure. He did mistakenly say 100 million players , not accounts.
    Here is the link :

https://www.polygon.com/2014/1/28/53...ounts-lifetime
    Last edited by Valerossi; 2021-03-13 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Added link

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of my entire friendgroup, guild and discord community quit SL way quicker than any expansion before and it's not even a "let's wait for 9.1 patch" or anything it's let's wait for 10.0

It's not the biggest sample group but compared to other expansions it's a hell of a difference.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Most of my entire friendgroup, guild and discord community quit SL way quicker than any expansion before and it's not even a "let's wait for 9.1 patch" or anything it's let's wait for 10.0

It's not the biggest sample group but compared to other expansions it's a hell of a difference.
    Did you actually do a comparison, or do you just think it was quicker? The sample has far more issues than just size, as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Did you actually do a comparison, or do you just think it was quicker? The sample has far more issues than just size, as well.
    The comparison is that most of us (say 80%) didn't quit at all. Other than that it's been the same people for years.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    The comparison is that most of us (say 80%) didn't quit at all. Other than that it's been the same people for years.
    That makes it even less comparable, and muddles whether it actually had anything to do with SL.