Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Yeah, it is entitlement to expect fun out of a leisure activity. /s
    Oh good thing the only way to define "fun" is by having the game promise you loot no matter what?

What do you want? A fucking checkbox before you do the raid that asks you if you're a dad who works 40 hours a week and as long as Blizzard can look at your paycheck to verify you're given a +33% loot drop chance? This entire thread is pointless whining from people who've clearly never played a MMO before.

It's like when you were a kid and told your mom that she might oversalted the food a lil bit and then she stopped cooking for a week and topped with a tiny bit of silent treatment.
    Which is maybe ok for moms (in the 90s), but really fucking weird when it comes to gaming companies. Are there other games where their devs do this? Or is it a wow thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Are there other games where their devs do this? Or is it a wow thing?
    I don't know, how many other MMOs are out there with 5-10 million people playing the game?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I don't know, how many other MMOs are out there with 5-10 million people playing the game?
    Who cares how many people play the game? Or moreover, whats the relation? When more people play it, you, as a dev get to be "a proud ass" a bit more than with fewer people? Or how does your argument work?

Who cares how many people play the game? Or moreover, whats the relation? When more people play it, you, as a dev get to be "a proud ass" a bit more than with fewer people? Or how does your argument work?
    Your ridiculous analogy serves no purpose because there's nothing to compare WoW to. Sorry I had to spell this out for you.

Your ridiculous analogy serves no purpose because there's nothing to compare WoW to. Sorry I had to spell this out for you.
    You live under a rock or something? Pride is very much a thing when it comes to wow devs.

You live under a rock or something? Pride is very much a thing when it comes to wow devs.
    Yes, because "pride" is the only way to describe their reluctance to introduce every single fucking idea ever suggested by the playerbase.

Yes, because "pride" is the only way to describe their reluctance to introduce every single fucking idea ever suggested by the playerbase.
    What are you even talking about? The topic at hand was the tipical wow dev stlye of pendulum treatment. Everything or nothing. Who is talking about implementing player ideas?
    You are quoting me but I'm 100% sure you are not answering to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    i dunno why blizzard is afraid of people beating their game and taking a break.

gotta keep the constant gameplay loop of new weekly content thats uninteresting due to how spread out it is
    Because if people beat the game and have to take a break they complain that Blizzard have released a shitty expansion with nothing to do.

There is no reluctance here, its mind games, they have this thing where they swing one way then back the other, its never small steps either. With blizz its either feast or famine, and honestly .. im over it.

Im 100% sure at this point they do this shit just for a laugh, a laugh at the player base that is, wooo wonder how low we can go before our lab rats get "U MAD BRO" at us.

They can go fuck right off with their stupid mind games.

Removing titanforge was biggest mistake they ever made. m+ is insanely hard with basically no reward at the end, raid drops absolutely no items

I donţ say there have to be 10 drops every raid but atm its little bit too low.

What are you even talking about? The topic at hand was the tipical wow dev stlye of pendulum treatment. Everything or nothing. Who is talking about implementing player ideas?
    You are quoting me but I'm 100% sure you are not answering to me.
    To be fair, the original post I quoted of yours made very little sense in the context of the thread in the first place. This isn't even a case of a pendulum swinging. It's a minor, incremental change that has checks and balances in it that a bunch of people are acting like toddlers about because they can't think beyond what happens in the first two weeks they play an expansion.

For every reasonable player pointing out this issue, there are 3 Blizzard bots defending the decision to make the game less fun. Remember, they care more about MAUs than catering the game to players who've been the most loyal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainphrame View Post
    For every reasonable player pointing out this issue, there are 3 Blizzard bots defending the decision to make the game less fun. Remember, they care more about MAUs than catering the game to players who've been the most loyal.
    Can you bugger off with this idea of ridiculous concept of universally defined "fun"? Is it "fun" to get completely geared to the tits in 2 weeks then quit until the next content patch? Maybe it is for you, but it isn't for everybody.

Yea I don't get the point of raiding, besides mythic. Only gear I get is from the vault. And vault is designed like this:

Normal raid gear - basically solo one M3.
    Heroic raid gear - run one M8.

These things are not comparable.

What's the point of normal and heroic raids, when they give no loot and one mythic per week rewards you better gear?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Yea I don't get the point of raiding, besides mythic. Only gear I get is from the vault. And vault is designed like this:

Normal raid gear - basically solo one M3.
    Heroic raid gear - run one M8.

These things are not comparable.

What's the point of normal and heroic raids, when they give no loot and one mythic per week rewards you better gear?
    It might shock you but some people simply enjoy playing the game.

It might shock you but some people simply enjoy playing the game.
    That sounds like argument about shitty sandbox games - "you just have to make your own adventure".

It might shock you, but that's not a great game design.

Yes, people play absolutely everything, good or not, 10/10 for your insights.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    That sounds like argument about shitty sandbox games - "you just have to make your own adventure".

It might shock you, but that's not a great game design.

Yes, people play absolutely everything, good or not, 10/10 for your insights.
    It's easy to have a cynical outlook when you dilute everything down to its lowest common denominator so you can construct a math equation where you get the best reward for the lowest amount of effort. You asked why people would bother doing Heroic/Normal when they get equal rewards from their Vault for doing a M+ as if all players are viewing the game through the same ridiculous lens you do. Some people just raid because they enjoy raiding; the Vault is an extra perk not a checkmark in a box at the bottom of a list of chores to do every reset.

Quote Originally Posted by prolonged View Post
    My guild cleared normal last night, 2 pieces of loot dropped for the entire raid. 21 people, 7 bosses and 2 pieces of loot. I think they went a little far on it.
    only 2 loot drops over the entire raid? Sounds like guildies have been pugging the raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrDaemon View Post
    Removing titanforge was biggest mistake they ever made. m+ is insanely hard with basically no reward at the end, raid drops absolutely no items

I donţ say there have to be 10 drops every raid but atm its little bit too low.
    Titanforge was a terrible terrible system. Not only did it make running raids almost useless for some players, but it meant there was no time to finish your character and go "Hey, lets take a break till next tier."
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    In Legion or BFA I was never in full generic raid gear after 2 weeks. Unless you're implying that everyone after the first week had already had all 32 pieces of gear and another 16 by the following week. An if those avg raiders (which I am ) were that quick to get fully geared that quick Id love to talk witht hem on how they managed that.

Besides if I go back to look at E.P boss kills Im around 12-15 for most of the boss which pretty much puts me in the full tier for the raid and Im definately not seeing a bunch of 1 kills like you are implying.. lol
    All 32 pieces of gear?