Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I dropped it after the first episode, most of my friends dropped it after episode 3, but we all watched episode 5.

IMO, Robert Rodriguez directed the worst episode of The Mandalorian and this show has been a train wreck from the very start. I was skeptical from the first trailer, but the first episode was awful enough to make me give up on it, which is rare for me.

And frankly, as far as I'm concerned, Din Djarin completely supplanted Boba Fett as "the Mandalorian bounty hunter" character in just the first scene of The Mandalorian. After two seasons of Din, I could give a shit about Boba.
    TBH it's not a high bar if you ask me. Aside from EU wank that sometimes made him almost superhuman, Boba Fett was a guy who had a cool armor, said one cool line then got unceremoniously taken out. Were it not for said iconic armor I daresay hardly anyone would have given a shit about him, "bounty hunter" wasn't just his job, it was his entire personality.

Din is an actual character, maybe not the most original ever made but very well executed. He's just way better than Fett at anything, aside from maybe having a less cool armor but even then that's debatable.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There are tons of reasons for that that have nothing to do with the quality of the film.
    If it being boo'd for every academy nomination says anything more....

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Saw Deadpool and Solo. Enjoyed Solo but it felt out of place. Almost no one even it was out among people I know IRL except me and another SW die hard. People we like, "you saw the new SW movie? Didn't it just come out in December".
    I don't know anyone who eventually saw it that were mad they saw it. It just shows that Disney was sloppy with the movies and screwed up on their delivery. Solo probably would have done fine if they released it later with real marketing. The final actually would have made money if they had gone with it in the first.
    The Solo flop basically led to Disney caning all the movies they had planned (I think Obi and Boba Fett were supposed to be movies at the time) and restructuring.
    It wasn't...bad. It just didn't feel like a movie about Han Solo...or even Star Wars. The whole vibe was just off.

7+ Year Old Account
    I remember a lot of people shit on Solo because the excuse they give for his name to be Solo, in a weird scene about it

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    He's saying that if you're only judging the quality of a film based on whether it's certified Fresh or Rotten on RT, you're putting barely passing (61%) and perfection (100%) into the same category.
    Because 61% isn't "barely passing." You don't understand the score. A 61% means it has 61% of reviewers saying it is a fresh movie. 100% just means you have 100% of reviewers saying it is a fresh movie. For the viewer, there maybe no effective difference between a movie rated 61% on RT vs 100% on RT.

So yes, treating all "fresh" movies the same is perfectly valid regardless of your personal preference. The percentage has nothing to do with the Star Rating given by reviewers on RT.

The Audience Score is how many out of all user reviews rate it 3.5 stars or more. Again, even with audience score there is no effective difference if the percentage.

A 100% on RT does not mean the movie is "perfection" anymore than 61% means "barely passing."
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It wasn't...bad. It just didn't feel like a movie about Han Solo...or even Star Wars. The whole vibe was just off.
    To me star wars is better then Star Trek(or any other random sci fi movie) because it has Jedi and Sith.

When they make a movie like Solo or Rogue 1 where the focus isnt on either i might aswell just watch a random b space movie. The references arent enough for me.

I realise i'm probably in the minority here but i dont really care. Rogue one, to me, is the worst star wars movie ever made, and thats even counting 2 last movies of the main saga. Suddenly we where dealing with some sort of samurai perversification of a jedi. Yuck

Well, I thought "Rogue One" was the only one worth watching since RotJ.

5+ Year Old Account
    people who don't like rogue one could at least admit 2nd half is an awesome war movie? if not, i think u liez

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    people who don't like rogue one could at least admit 2nd half is an awesome war movie? if not, i think u liez
    If i go see a Marvel Movie and it turns out its a decent Rom-Com i'm not going to praise it for that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    If i go see a Marvel Movie and it turns out its a decent Rom-Com i'm not going to praise it for that.
    rogue one feels very star wars 2nd half, no?..

not exactly a rom com xD

if u don't like this, you don't really like star wars imho

Definitely not a Rom com
    I liked the part about vader. I honestly just didnt really care about the people though so i had a hard time being invested in the war. The samurai dude actually had me sitting in the theatre and pouting like a little child tbh.

Edit:

Also even though it was well done, i kind of cringe a little when they cgi in people.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    To me star wars is better then Star Trek(or any other random sci fi movie) because it has Jedi and Sith.

When they make a movie like Solo or Rogue 1 where the focus isnt on either i might aswell just watch a random b space movie. The references arent enough for me.

I realise i'm probably in the minority here but i dont really care. Rogue one, to me, is the worst star wars movie ever made, and thats even counting 2 last movies of the main saga. Suddenly we where dealing with some sort of samurai perversification of a jedi. Yuck
    There are no Jedi in Rogue One. There's an immensely talented martial artist doing martial arts in it though.

I practically ran around the theatre screaming like a little girl when I realized Donnie Yen was in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Filoni gave us something light. You know, just something small to hold people over for the finale.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus fuck I was not ready for that emotional rollercoaster.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Filoni gave us something light. You know, just something small to hold people over for the finale.
    I wouldn't call Bane something light^^

I was literally going OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD!ITSBANE!!!!!

I was annoyed he didn't ask for training with the darksaber, but those darn jedis with their high morals would probably ask what he would use the saber for...he needs Sabine now, but no way he'll come across her..why wasn't she there with Ahsoka?? Makes no sense..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-02-02 at 09:12 AM.

Very good last two episodes... This is the feeling we should have gotten from episodes 8 and 9 and not the sh*t-show Rian Johnson's ep. 8 unleashed. You can see how the creators are invested in the lore and care about Star Wars, even in the small details...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I wouldn't call Bane something light^^

I was literally going
    That's the joke. This episode was jammed packed.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like if you delete the first four episodes - nothing of value will be lost in this show, including Sand People lore.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

5+ Year Old Account
    the deepfake tech has way improved since last episode of the mandalorian s02! Luke looked amazing now, not so stiff as last time

Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Very good last two episodes... This is the feeling we should have gotten from episodes 8 and 9 and not the sh*t-show Rian Johnson's ep. 8 unleashed. You can see how the creators are invested in the lore and care about Star Wars, even in the small details...
    It's just a massive shame that anything set after Return of the Jedi is effectively gimped to adhere to the shite that the sequels gave us, and also a shame to see the new Jedi academy/temple being referenced in the latest episode knowing that it's doomed to fail as a result of awful, directionless writing.
    "yOu aRe wRoNg" - Darththeo