Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Given that jabba had a super tight hold on the water market and he also had deals with the empire he would absolutely care about law and order to an extent because when you have other criminals messing with your systems it effects your profits.
    There were no criminals messing with the system. The underling had issues with some cyberpunks. Boba instead insulted the underling and recruited the punks. Unintelligent move. But feels righteous. That's the woke part.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There were no criminals messing with the system. The underling had issues with some cyberpunks. Boba instead insulted the underling and recruited the punks. Unintelligent move. But feels righteous. That's the woke part.
    Hilarious. 'He sided with the cyberpunks, hence he's woke! Because trans humanism!'

The levels of mental gymnastics people will do in order to reach a politically bent conclusion is jokes.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean there kinda all criminals given that it’s all about a criminal empire.

But to the actual point, the underlings are likely screwing with the pre fall system to put more money in there own pocket after the fall of jabba and the empire.

The boss gets knocked off so you try and put a little extra away while things are shaky.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    When your ass learns to drive....

I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I am kind of bored reading this argument on the swoop gang. All it is repeating the same stuff.

The point of the show is that Boba is learning/building his empire. If you think his choice is questionable? Congratulations, THAT WAS THE POINT! We are suppose to doubt Boba's decisions. We are supposed to go "Hey, this isn't the best move." That's the point.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I am kind of bored reading this argument on the swoop gang. All it is repeating the same stuff.

The point of the show is that Boba is learning/building his empire. If you think his choice is questionable? Congratulations, THAT WAS THE POINT! We are suppose to doubt Boba's decisions. We are supposed to go "Hey, this isn't the best move." That's the point.
    If we know it's a bad move - then someone who swam in that cesspool like Boba should know that as well.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

If we know it's a bad move
    We don't, though.

It's easy to just have the narrow perspective of "let's squeeze to the max, no mercy" but to say that's the best move is quite short-sighted.

Sure he could have gone to bed with the water monger and milked a few underfed laborers for their wages. Made some profit.

But we have no idea what the long-term prospects of the alternative are. What if his gang of glitzy scooter kids is the start of an entire syndicate, one that knows that if you rule with moderation you might enjoy wider success and longer life than you'd get from ruthlessly exploiting at every opportunity?

It's easy to just compare this singular moment - passing on a few credits vs. earning them. But we have absolutely no comparison yet for the long-term implications, and if it turns out that by passing on a couple thousands credits now he makes BILLIONS years down the line, we absolutely DID NOT "know it's a bad move".

That's not to say this is necessarily what's going to happen, of course - but that's the point. We DON'T know. To just assume "if you're not taking every advantage and are scummy to the maximum you're not really a crime lord" is blindingly simplistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we know it's a bad move - then someone who swam in that cesspool like Boba should know that as well.
    That wasn't my argument.

My argument was we, as the viewers, are meant to question his decision. They are supposed to be questionable to us, the viewers.

And we are either going to see Boba question them, or get an explanation for why he did it down the line.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    We don't, though.

It's easy to just have the narrow perspective of "let's squeeze to the max, no mercy" but to say that's the best move is quite short-sighted.

Sure he could have gone to bed with the water monger and milked a few underfed laborers for their wages. Made some profit.

But we have no idea what the long-term prospects of the alternative are. What if his gang of glitzy scooter kids is the start of an entire syndicate, one that knows that if you rule with moderation you might enjoy wider success and longer life than you'd get from ruthlessly exploiting at every opportunity?

It's easy to just compare this singular moment - passing on a few credits vs. earning them. But we have absolutely no comparison yet for the long-term implications, and if it turns out that by passing on a couple thousands credits now he makes BILLIONS years down the line, we absolutely DID NOT "know it's a bad move".

That's not to say this is necessarily what's going to happen, of course - but that's the point. We DON'T know. To just assume "if you're not taking every advantage and are scummy to the maximum you're not really a crime lord" is blindingly simplistic.
    That wasn't my argument.

My argument was we, as the viewers, are meant to question his decision. They are supposed to be questionable to us, the viewers.

And we are either going to see Boba question them, or get an explanation for why he did it down the line.
    Of course, we don't know. But we know that this show is written by humans with agendas. And I don't get a good vibe for it.

Of course, we don't know. But we know that this show is written by humans with agendas. And I don't get a good vibe for it.
    That's fine, and a valid point.

But there's no reason to couch that in assertions that aren't true, like "we know this was a bad move". No need to obfuscate, it's totally legitimate to just take the show to task for its writing, on its face.

I don't think the cyborg swoop gang thing is a nod to transhumanism (which in and of itself is far from simply "woke" and a great point of contention), but it certainly merits criticism just because of the cringe-inducing writing and jarring aesthetics - agenda or no agenda.

And your assumption is that anything not in line with your political views is woke? SCORE.

Do you walk around in the real world just trying to find 'wokeness' in stuff? Must be a great party trick.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's fine.

I am just pointing out that if you feel that it was a bad decision, that the reason is because they intended you to question his decision.
    Boba Fett's decisions are questioned in the show, and they wanted that spread to the viewers as well.

We are about half way through the series at this point. We hopefully will see where things play out.

And agendas in Star Wars? *Surprised Pikachu face* you don't say!
    –The Sith Code

That's fine.

I am just pointing out that if you feel that it was a bad decision, that the reason is because they intended you to question his decision.
    Boba Fett's decisions are questioned in the show, and they wanted that spread to the viewers as well.

We are about half way through the series at this point. We hopefully will see where things play out.

And agendas in Star Wars? *Surprised Pikachu face* you don't say!
    That's the funny part, right. People complaining about 'woke agendas' forget that anti-capitalist and anti-imperialist rhetoric is all across the original series. The swoop gang isn't even an example of wokeness in what has otherwise been an extremely 'woke' world. Lucas designed it that way.

He has been in that life since he was a boy. How many nice guy crime lords who rule with respect do you think there are? I guess it was the set up in the Mado that i can't reconcile with this Boba. He went from going to kick the shite out of the Mado to get his armour and mowing down squads of Stormtroopers and blowing up fleeing ships. Then he just walks in and plugs Bib and nicks his empire. Now in his own show he's Mr Respect? The show is pretty meh imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    He has been in that life since he was a boy. How many nice guy crime lords who rule with respect do you think there are? I guess it was the set up in the Mado that i can't reconcile with this Boba. He went from going to kick the shite out of the Mado to get his armour and mowing down squads of Stormtroopers and blowing up fleeing ships. Then he just walks in and plugs Bib and nicks his empire. Now in his own show he's Mr Respect? The show is pretty meh imho.
    Boba Fett and Din had a stand off. Boba Fett literally says he just wanted a chat with Din.

And the Stormtroopers were because he had an agreement with Din no harm would come to Grogu.

Also, Fett in EU always had a sense of honor.

I am sorry, but outside of killing Bib (which is required to take control), Boba didn't kill anyone else other than what was necessary to take over
    –The Sith Code

Boba Fett and Din had a stand off. Boba Fett literally says he just wanted a chat with Din.

And the Stormtroopers were because he had an agreement with Din no harm would come to Grogu.

Also, Fett in EU always had a sense of honor.

I am sorry, but outside of killing Bib (which is required to take control), Boba didn't kill anyone else other than what was necessary to take over
    And bingo again. People seem to have this view that Boba Fett is a villain. He's not.

Even in the EU he was explicit with Han Solo when he said that the pursuit of him wasn't personal. It was a job.

Similarly, he only disliked the Jedi because he held them responsible for the death of his 'father'.

This episode clearly goes on to establish that this Boba Fett is NOT a Bounty Hunter anymore. He's writing his own legacy.

Hence, the Book of Boba Fett. It's not the show's fault that people have preconceived notions of what it should and shouldn't be.

My two cents on the Swoop Gang - I don't mind them, but they're more plot-convenient than badass.

Boba's just starting his crime family, so I get the whole beggars can't be choosers thing. But realistically, I think the swoop gang would've been absolutely decimated by Black Krrsanten.

The swoop gang is replaceable. Boba could have a bunch of Jawas or R2 Droids instead, and they'd be given the same 'look how useful we are' moment with helping Boba take down Black Krrsanten and the outcome would be no different. It's pretty much all happening for sake of the plot. Boba needs minions, that's the gist of it.

Sounds like you're the one with the problem, then. I fail to see how a plausible scenario is 'woke'. Also, have to say that I don't get good vibes from people who throw this word around on either side of the fence. Those who fight for 'wokeness' are just as cringy as the people who claim 'woke weariness' whenever a show has a point that doesn't conform with what they expect from a show. This entire problem you concocted up here is 100% a 'you' problem, it stems from something that is wrong with you, not the show.

A show mirroring something that actually happens isn't some form of agenda, it isn't 'woke, it's just life. (Jesus, how I despise you for throwing this pathetic buzzword around, you're shaming your namesake) The only one here with an agenda is you, some butthurt nobody who has to find an 'agenda' in a stupid show about a guy in armor who desperately tries to create an uproar where there's nothing to scream about.

Sometimes shows are just dumb and cheesy. Not everyone is out to get you, or rattle you precious safe space with their 'woke agenda'. Fucking listen to yourself. Get help.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Sounds like you're the one with the problem, then. I fail to see how a plausible scenario is 'woke'. Also, have to say that I don't get good vibes from people who throw this word around on either side of the fence. Those who fight for 'wokeness' are just as cringy as the people who claim 'woke weariness' whenever a show has a point that doesn't conform with what they expect from a show. This entire problem you concocted up here is 100% a 'you' problem, it stems from something that is wrong with you, not the show.

A show mirroring something that actually happens isn't some form of agenda, it isn't 'woke, it's just life. (Jesus, how I despise you for throwing this pathetic buzzword around, you're shaming your namesake) The only one here with an agenda is you, some butthurt nobody who has to find an 'agenda' in a stupid show about a guy in armor who desperately tries to create an uproar where there's nothing to scream about.

Sometimes shows are just dumb and cheesy. Not everyone is out to get you, or rattle you precious safe space with their 'woke agenda'. Fucking listen to yourself. Get help.
    Agreed with all of this.

5+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about Omega, in a way it makes more sense that she appears in the Mandalorian instead of Bobf, since Din Djarin's dealing with the Kamino-empire cloner dudes... will they appear again in the Mandolorian, or maybe some other show? Maybe with Grogu out of reach, they'll go back to try to snatch Omega and/or Boba? Prob not Boba, since he's not enhanced like Omega, still dunno whether she's force sensitive.. Don't know if Boba would even cares or knows about her, since he has had millions of siblings..most of them dead. Jango n Boba saw them as cannon fodder n seemed oblivious..

I wonder if the surviving kaminoan scientist Nala Se is still alive.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-01-14 at 10:46 PM.