Has retail fixed these things?

Back in Legion, I just got fed up with retail's shit and dropped it entirely. The big sticking points for me were:

-RNG legendaries, you had to farm shit for weeks and then you'd get a legendary that was crap and would go straight into the bank; the legendaries in general were just unbalanced, some were amazing and others were complete garbage

-World quests being recycled from the regular leveling quests, on top of just being boring and easy and repetitive

-Class balance being awful, some classes/specs were just miles ahead of others. I mained Priest and it just felt like all Paladin/Shaman/Druid were far better healers in almost every aspect, hell Druid's tranquility was just a straight-up better version of priest's Divine Hymn, it had a shorter cooldown, way more healing, and you could channel it while moving. Right now I'm reading that Mistweaver (the spec I want to play) is yet again the worst healer overall.

-Artifact Power just being an endless grind

-Artifact Power being separated between your three specs, so if you wanted to use your offspecs you'd have to grind even more AP to level up those specs

-Legendaries being separated between your three specs, so if you wanted to use your offspecs at a decent level you'd have to grind even more legendaries

-Still having annoying garrison-mission crap that you have to log in and do every day

Has any of that been fixed or at least reduced to the point where it's not obnoxious? I kinda wanna play Shadowlands just so I can play my Monk again, but don't want to deal with all that obnoxious shit again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of it's gone but some of it's still around...like RNG legendaries are gone, you farm mats and build your own but still lot of them are spec based

Class balance will probably be a issue that never goes away

Still mission stuff but not as important as it was in Legion

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Back in Legion, I just got fed up with retail's shit and dropped it entirely. The big sticking points for me were:

-RNG legendaries, you had to farm shit for weeks and then you'd get a legendary that was crap and would go straight into the bank; the legendaries in general were just unbalanced, some were amazing and others were complete garbage

-World quests being recycled from the regular leveling quests, on top of just being boring and easy and repetitive

-Class balance being awful, some classes/specs were just miles ahead of others. I mained Priest and it just felt like all Paladin/Shaman/Druid were far better healers in almost every aspect, hell Druid's tranquility was just a straight-up better version of priest's Divine Hymn, it had a shorter cooldown, way more healing, and you could channel it while moving. Right now I'm reading that Mistweaver (the spec I want to play) is yet again the worst healer overall.

-Artifact Power being separated between your three specs, so if you wanted to use your offspecs you'd have to grind even more AP to level up those specs

-Legendaries being separated between your three specs, so if you wanted to use your offspecs at a decent level you'd have to grind even more legendaries

-Still having annoying garrison-mission crap that you have to log in and do every day

Has any of that been fixed or at least reduced to the point where it's not obnoxious? I kinda wanna play Shadowlands just so I can play my Monk again, but don't want to deal with all that obnoxious shit again.
    1. yes, its not rng.
    2. no, there are a lot of repeat world quests with some new ones.
    3. class balance will always be awful. its blizzard.
    4. there is not an endless grind this time. it will take months for the initial grind to be done (not because it is so big, because they limit it to 3 bars of growth a week). after that, it'll take maybe a week or 2.
    5. there is still power seperation with the covenants being a thing. you pick one covenant which dictates your soulbinds, 2 new spells, and one of your conduits. this system is shaping up to be awful for balance.
    6. there are generic legos as well as spec specific legos.
    7. you don't have to do the garrison mission table this time around. i have been but i haven't gotten much out of it and most of my followers are halfway through their leveling. if it does become rewarding, it won't be for quite a while.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Legendaries are not as RNG - you unlock the Runecarver via a questline then you can target drops from bosses. There are also ones you can buy from vendors, or you get from Torghast.

As for AP grind I mean you can grind out Anima Power but it won’t make your character stronger at all. The only thing you need to do is get renown which you can get by doing weekly quests

World quests are definitely not how you remember them, they are often more involved and take longer

-Legendary recipes now have fixed sources- there is still some RNG in the drops, particularly from dungeons
    -Some legendaries are clearly better or worse still; as long as they have numerical values, this will be the case
    -world quests are similar; they generally take longer, but there aren’t as many. And for your callings (new version of emissaries), some of them can be completed through dungeons instead of WQs
    -class balance is always a WIP; if you aren’t pushing world firsts or the very highest keys, you can succeed with any class/spec
    -the grind is anima this time; there isn’t as much direct character power tied to it, and the rewards are soft-time-gated so you can be “caught up” without grinding endlessly
    -changing specs is easier than in Legion/BfA, with the caveat that some covenants are better for different specs of the same class
    -there are generic, class, and spec legendaries. They are gated behind a grind, not rng, so acquisition is more predictable and can be planned out more
    -there is a mission table; how much you do it is up to you
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

1. yes through higher drop rates and specific places to farm with some guaranteed
    2. kinda
    3. never gonna be fixed but kinda though covenants are a bit of a balancing issue
    4. no grind outside of weekly
    5. see 4
    6. no but they can drop no matter your spec so if you go into a torghast wing that drops your healer leggo but you are in your dps spec it will drop the leggo
    7. completely optional as the only thing they give are cosmetic or gear you outlevel anyways

Quote Originally Posted by RoseParr View Post
    I disagree with the last 3 points
    you can disagree all you want but 5 and 6 are straight facts while 7 is an opinion. there ARE legos that are spec specific (such as hunter having a lego that only works with aimed shot which is a marksman only ability) and generic (same class, soulforge embers works with any spec because it just requires tar trap and flare which all specs have). and there IS power separation with the covenants. for hunters, necrolord is easily the worst covenant dps wise because the shield is mostly impractical to use in a fight and the dps ability is the lowest in damage. meanwhile night fae has a blink attached to a sprint and the class ability is a massive aoe that deals a good bit of damage. look at the soulbinds and you can see there are massive differences in usefulness. marilith gives me a roughly 2k bubble when my hp goes below 50%, mean while a night fae ability gives a self battle rez. there are CLEAR power differences and its locked behind a system where you can only choose one covenant at a time. you can switch covenants free the first time but then it takes a week long quest to switch again.

you, sir, need to start looking at facts.

1. Legendaries are much less rng, the only rng ones require dungeon farming but still won't take 6 months to farm unlike legion.
    2. World quests are still boring and repetitive, but are not as important as in Legion / BFA.
    3. Class balance is usual hit and miss, healers are actually fairly balanced after shaman outlier got nerfed, can't be said about every spec or role though, for example dps warriors and dh are much worse than Legion / BFA, BM Hunters got trashed and few other specs too.
    4. Grind is heavily timegated, so you do your weeklies and wait. Some people love it some people hate it.
    5. It's easier to swap specs but not all covenants are as good for every spec, so sometimes you might be stuck with very sub par option for your offspec.
    6. You can get offspec legendary pretty fast at a cost of not upgrading mainspec legendary to a high ilvl for a week.
    7. Annoying mission table is still there and there are still missions people don't wanna miss like dust for legendaries, worst part is depending which covenant you picked, you have better or worse followers and that affects your success rate a lot.

You can definitely play your monk, do the weekly caps and skip the "grind" if you aren't super hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    you can disagree all you want but 5 and 6 are straight facts while 7 is an opinion. there ARE legos that are spec specific (such as hunter having a lego that only works with aimed shot which is a marksman only ability) and generic (same class, soulforge embers works with any spec because it just requires tar trap and flare which all specs have). and there IS power separation with the covenants. for hunters, necrolord is easily the worst covenant dps wise because the shield is mostly impractical to use in a fight and the dps ability is the lowest in damage. meanwhile night fae has a blink attached to a sprint and the class ability is a massive aoe that deals a good bit of damage. look at the soulbinds and you can see there are massive differences in usefulness. marilith gives me a roughly 2k bubble when my hp goes below 50%, mean while a night fae ability gives a self battle rez. there are CLEAR power differences and its locked behind a system where you can only choose one covenant at a time. you can switch covenants free the first time but then it takes a week long quest to switch again.

you, sir, need to start looking at facts.
    newflash: you are replying to a spamming account: https://www.mmo-champion.com/search....rchid=66179573
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow