Can't log in into WoW: "You've made too many attempts."

I can't log into the desktop app or my account on the web. Both say, "You've made too many attempts." This happened after one login attempt. I tried the app, then tried the web immediately after. Since I can't log into the WoW for help, hopefully, someone here has run across this issue and can help me solve the problem.

What I've done so far:

• Tried bypassing the blizzard app and logging into WoW directly. The game gave me the following error code: WOW51900314

• I've tweeted back and forth with BlizzardCS and tried everything they suggested:

1. Cleared cache/cookies and have tried different browsers. I still get the error message when trying to log into the web.
    2. Reset my password.
    3. Waited an hour.
    4. Reset my password again through a link that BlizzardCS sent me via e-mail.

• A Google search shows a few people have had this issue, and the most common suggestion is to reset the password. That didn't work for the others experiencing this problem either. Unfortunately, none of the people that experienced this exact issue said how (or if) they solved it.

• Updated my graphics driver and Windows 10. This didn't work, and I didn't think it would, but I figured someone might suggest it so I went ahead and updated both of them.

So, has anyone seen this and/or know how to fix it?

Are you using a VPN? Too much hammering from that IP, and blizzard has blacklisted it, I don't know. Haven't had issues with WoW, but some VPN providers have pretty hard time nowadays accessing anywhere as it seems to be a trend to block those.

No VPN. I have AT&T U-Verse which I believe is a static IP.

Regardless, the problem seems to have solved itself. I had not tried to log in for 13 hours and when I tried just now I was able to log in. Apparently, "wait one hour and try again" might be incorrect and the wait time might be longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlegrounds View Post
    No VPN. I have AT&T U-Verse which I believe is a static IP.

Regardless, the problem seems to have solved itself. I had not tried to log in for 13 hours and when I tried just now I was able to log in. Apparently, "wait one hour and try again" might be incorrect and the wait time might be longer.
    Was about to say. Glad it sorted itself in 13 hours, because when I encountered that same error, I couldn't log for 48 hours!

But yes, resetting the password and then waiting for x amount of hours/up to 48 hours, seems to do the trick for this particular error. I would just like to know WHY it happens in the first place...