Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Getting into arena with no friends

How hard is this? I have close to no friends who play the game anymore, and my class (balance Druid) is not the most sought after in LFG which I want to stay out of either way. Is LFG my only option or are there communities where you can look for people?

I don’t want to roll a healer just to get people to play with me, but if that’s the only way out... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel lately that finding/making groups through LFG for arena, mythic etc. is hell, it takes TOO damn long, so long that it actually takes the biggest chunk of my playtime every evening, that, plus toxicity for some reasons seems to be on the rise. I am starting to believe that we need some kind of solo queue tool for rated content at this point.

Anyway, tldr: it's gonna be tough without friends.

Balance is the most sought after RBG spec. I would start there - do some low MMR/Yolo RBGs to get some practice, find some people you like playing with, and build a friend list out from there.

I have 2400+xp and it's a horrendous experience. You sit in LFG for 30-40 mins forming a group and you lose your first arena and people will rage quit. I'll tell you about an experience I had this season that I feel sums up the LFG experience. I was 2173CR and the post said 2200CR and I applied and was invited and then immediately kicked from the group. I msged the guy and he told me "You're not 2200CR". I have screenshotted several interactions with people from LFG and I use them to remind me to never Pvp in this game again. If I want to pvp I go play another game.

The pvp community in this game is filled with the worst human beings I have met on the internet. Worse than LoL, worse that COD, etc

Balance is one of the best specs for someone in your position because it's in demand in RBGs and cheese comps, and it doesn't require years of coordination practice like an RMP or something. Just join a RBG, ratings are inflated so it's like a free 1800 for a balance druid. You can grab a mage or a pala and easily hit 1800 in 2s also with minimal tactics.

But I think RBG is the way to go, it's much less stressful and easier to climb ratings. Arena is in an awful state right now.

Quote Originally Posted by internalwalrus View Post
    How hard is this? I have close to no friends who play the game anymore, and my class (balance Druid) is not the most sought after in LFG which I want to stay out of either way. Is LFG my only option or are there communities where you can look for people?

I don’t want to roll a healer just to get people to play with me, but if that’s the only way out... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    NA or EU? If you're NA I'm usually always looking for people to play with since a lot of my arena friends don't play anymore. PM me on here if you're interested; feral/paladin on horde and rogue on ally.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's impossible to get high without friends; and most friends in this regularly change friends, so you have to constantly socialize, which is a time commitment as big as raiding, if not more
    the higher the bracket (2, 3, 10) the more time and social you need to be
    being good in the past won't mean anything because the gameplay changes a lot over time
    if you don't participate in events such as practices or just having fun from time to time, you won't stay friend very long and you will simply not be invited into actual groups that can give you high ratings and rewards

the only shortcut is to buy friendship with gold but you need a lot
    and if you're very good, some people will probably want to play with you for a season or two, until your spec is nerfed or they stop playing, and you start over

another shortcut is to be famous (and do videos on youtube regularly) or a big streamer and good people will play with you

there is no other shortcut
    Last edited by Cæli; 2021-01-30 at 07:36 PM.

This season in RBG i got to 2.1 without any friends or guild, just forming my own groups (it's slow and painful, but sweet 226 gear is worth it). I made a lot of bnet "Friends" (more like, returning team members) on during my climb. I didn't have much experience (1900) so I got tired of being declined by every group and waiting for the mercy of others.

In arena, playing without friends is horrible. It's very tiresome to play with different people pretty much every time you want to do arena, if you find anyone you like, hold on to them.

Might just say fuck it then

Might just say fuck it then
    The problem with depending on friends is if you don't even have a perfect comp. Does one of you play fire? No? Well gg. No rating for you I guess.

ya true. need to find a rogue/mage friend and just play the other class i guess

I would try official LFG Forums. In LFG Tool you will find just toxic players, that leaves immediately when you lose/struggle on some rating. Or they are just bad/casual and you will stuck on 1,3 for to long.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    I would try official LFG Forums. In LFG Tool you will find just toxic players, that leaves immediately when you lose/struggle on some rating. Or they are just bad/casual and you will stuck on 1,3 for to long.
    Yeah the worst are healers who just expect to get carried and the moment you lose they leave
    This game really needs a soloQ

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    yeah this might sounds bad, but wow is really a game you can't play solo. Trust me you will have a better time playing any other game for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadgear View Post
    yeah this might sounds bad, but wow is really a game you can't play solo. Trust me you will have a better time playing any other game for pvp
    Yes, but what MMORPG game has better PvP?

Yes, but what MMORPG game has better PvP?
    Guild Wars 2. And you can solo pretty much everything but raiding in that game.

The longer you wait that harder it'll be due to how large the gear gaps are getting. The gearing may be better for PvP, but the problems of gear gaps for PvP that blizzard has fixed and unfixed over the last decade are more major than ever.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The longer you wait that harder it'll be due to how large the gear gaps are getting. The gearing may be better for PvP, but the problems of gear gaps for PvP that blizzard has fixed and unfixed over the last decade are more major than ever.
    Finally someone acknowledge this I thought I was crazy because no one complains about this
    Someone who hits 60 now is always 7 items behind because vault has zero catch up mechanics
    Also people who got weapon from vault are way ahead of people who didn't
    With how much gear matters in Shadowlands its really baffling they didn't add some catch up for vault