Classic Server Options - What are your preferenecs?

Below are my preferences (and reportedly also Blizzard's), what are yours?

1- New Fresh Start servers retaining the original Vanilla experience, starting from phase 1.
    2- Current Vanilla servers get the option to ENABLE REMASTERED GRAPHICS - servers get consolidated gradually.
    3- New TBC servers retaining the original TBC experience, they are built on top of a SEPARATE COPY of existing vanilla classic servers.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2020-12-24 at 08:10 AM.

They're your preferences? But you said in another thread they're a leak. So which is it?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...5#post52893945
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

New game that will have ratmen in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    They're your preferences? But you said in another thread they're a leak. So which is it?

Well, it is both now.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Well, it is both now.
    I'm pretty sure its just preferences

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I'm pretty sure its just preferences
    Well if they're claimed leaks and they're not then it's not even preferences, it's lies

any server that has low activity or is essentially dead, is a fresh start server, once the economical churn is almost zero and there aren't any guilds raiding. there isn't any difference between that and a server that just got created. you could have a high pop server, now, in 2 years will have entirely different guilds raiding naxx. effectively cycling multiple times.

when it comes to tbc, I'd hope at some point we'll just move to tbc and carry on, for me its either that or ultimately I stop playing once my guild can't form a raid anymore and ppls interest starts to wane.

I can't see a scenario where both tbc happens and ppl who only wanted classic get to keep enjoying classic unless they mirror each realm, keeping the classic only realm and simply creating a tbc copy of each realm that ofc carries on. there was never really any question originally, about keeping the original game intact because it still bled into it. but ofc most ppl want expansions, the introduction of tbc is obviously going to create an instant divide between those (even ppl in your guild) who only wanted to play classic, and those who would be happy to carry on into tbc. can any guild really survive the combined downsizing to 25 mans and the option between moving to tbc or simply staying in classic. could you say that the classic only portion of your guild is going to survive that sundering? i think my guild wouldn't be able to support itself both staying in classic and moving to tbc. for me I want the same community to carry on, I'd like to compete against the same guilds and simply just have more of what we just spent the last year or so doing. nothing needs to change, at all. the game is perfectly fine simply carrying on, just like it did in 2007.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-12-23 at 11:52 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Already "been there, done that" with everything related to Classic. I won't come back, I am just waiting for TBC and that's what I will play for the next two years.

I, for one, am ready for a true Vanilla experience. Classic is kind of cute but i prefer Vanilla over Classic. TBC would also be fine.

I would prefer and would make the most sense to:
    - Start up new TBC servers and allow perfmanent moves of characters from classic (no copying of any sorts) similar to the names reservations. Some servers to be completely new and without any transfers for a while is also fine.
    - Should some classic servers start dying which will mosy likely be the case, allow free transfers from those to the ones that may still have some population to allow classic ti live for those interested without having them on dead servers and without forcing it either, at least not directly.

Want the servers I play on to proceed to burning crusade. I don't really want to start everything over again.

They can add fresh start servers for those who want that experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    Want the servers I play on to proceed to burning crusade. I don't really want to start everything over again.

They can add fresh start servers for those who want that experience.
    How about a parallel copy of existing classic servers that get to progress to TBC while the vanilla servers remain untouched. Seems like the easiest way around this.
    Just copy the entire DB/servers list and upgrade all of them to TBC....seems like the easiest solution. You get to have both games, same characters, no complications other than Blizz having to maintain twice the number of servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

FYI, got an update from Blizzard for you:

3- New TBC servers retaining the original TBC experience, they are built on top of a SEPARATE COPY of existing vanilla calssic servers.

15+ Year Old Account
    1- New Fresh Start servers retaining the original Vanilla experience, starting from phase 1.
    Agree. If they release Fresh Classic servers again (similar to Diablo 3 seasons) then start from phase 1 for sure and then follow up over time, just as we did now.
    2- Current Vanilla servers get the option to ENABLE REMASTERED GRAPHICS - servers get consolidated gradually.
    Absolutely not. Play retail if you want to play modern "classic".
    3- New TBC servers retaining the original TBC experience, they are built on top of a SEPARATE COPY of existing vanilla classic servers.
    Agree. However I think it would be bad timing to release both at the same time. A Fresh Classic should either release abit before or after release of Classic TBC (preferably after)
    --- https://www.youtube.com/citanoo
    --- http://www.twitch.tv/Citano
    * Former retail raider of <Pacifism>, <Forte> and <Envy>
    * Part of classic guild <APES> from day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Citano View Post
    Agree. If they release Fresh Classic servers again (similar to Diablo 3 seasons) then start from phase 1 for sure and then follow up over time, just as we did now.

Absolutely not. Play retail if you want to play modern "classic".

Agree. However I think it would be bad timing to release both at the same time. A Fresh Classic should either release abit before or after release of Classic TBC (preferably after)
    The enable remastered graphics is my own wish, but they will consolidate current classic servers since they will not be upgrading them directly to TBC but will create a COPY of them on top of which they will install TBC. Removes all kinds of complications...etc.