Poll: Which race do you prefer, the night elves or the blood elves?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Actually I have seen several Void elves using the dark skin tones, it's all a matter of perspective. Regardless, it's not surprising that many are using the fair skin tones.

That's still part of the Void elves identity. Never forget that the Ren'dorei leader Alleria Windrunner is a Void elf who retains her fair skin form. Fair skin options are 100% Void elf identity and have always been.

As for the racials, I figured they'd very popular for ranged players due to their racial that gives them no delay on casting abilities when hit, but this is a lore discussion anyway.
    I have two void elves...one dark skin with dark eyes and one fair skinned with bluer eyes

This is the equivalent of asking "What would happen if WoW ended?"

In other words, it's not going to happen.
    The same was said about Sylvanas in 2013 and where are we now?
    You can't say it simply won't happen. It has happened and we can see the absolute ruin it has left one of the most iconic and classic races in WoW. I don't even play Forsaken.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2020-12-30 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    The same was said about Sylvanas in 2013 and where are we now?
    I can tell you that I've had people telling me over and over again since 2017 "Either Alleria or Umbric are totally going to become villains dude! It's inevitable!". Yet it's been 3 years and there's no sign of Alleria and Umbric even having a relevant role in the storyline in the first place, let alone a villainous role. They aren't going anywhere. Blizzard is more unpredictable than people give them credit for.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I can tell you that I've had people telling me over and over again since 2017 "Either Alleria or Umbric are totally going to become villains dude! It's inevitable!". Yet it's been 3 years and there's no sign of Alleria and Umbric even having a relevant role in the storyline in the first place, let alone a villainous role. They aren't going anywhere. Blizzard is more unpredictable than people give them credit for.
    Sylvanas wasn't supposed to be going anywhere and look what happened.
    Like Sylvanas fans, you don't want to admit that what has happened to the Forsaken, can also happen to you - unless Blizzard actually takes the time to develop Umbric and Auric (yes, change Auric to a Void Elf), so if something happens to any of them, suitable and note-worthy candidates can step up and take their place.

I can say, it's less likely to happen to the races I like (Blood Elves and Nightborne), because we've got numerous options that have all seen decent screen-time. Void Elves haven't got that luxury. They can. But more characters need to be developed.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2020-12-30 at 10:55 AM.

Sylvanas wasn't supposed to be going anywhere and look what happened.
    Like Sylvanas fans, you don't want to admit that what has happened to the Forsaken, can also happen to you - unless Blizzard actually takes the time to develop Umbric and Auric (yes, change Auric to a Void Elf), so if something happens to any of them, suitable and note-worthy candidates can step up and take their place.
    Yeah, No. It was extremely predictable that she wasn't going to be around for long. Blizzard didn't draw obvious parallels with the Lich King all the way back in Cataclysm for no reason.

It's just that most people around here enjoy mocking Blizzard all day long, yet fail in recognizing the most obvious and simple of hints.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Yeah, No. It was extremely predictable that she wasn't going to be around for long. Blizzard didn't draw obvious parallels with the Lich King all the way back in Cataclysm for no reason.

It's just that most people around here enjoy mocking Blizzard all day long, yet fail in recognizing the most obvious and simple of hints.
    "Not going to be around for long."
    It took a whole decade, mate. Where have you been?

And I don't mock Blizzard. I call out bad story.

The Void Elves need more lore characters and Umbric needs developing. It's plain and simple. Your...views of Windrunner doesn't negate the need for more characters.
    Void Elves can be an interesting race. I like the idea of former Sunfury Blood Elves, who studied the Void in Tempest Keep - that's how I RP my Void Elf Warlock, but that doesn't negate the fact that we need more, than just Alleria. Umbric is the dual leader of the Ren'dorei - he needs to have his time. I'd say, 9.1 - I'd like to see him and Rommath.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2020-12-30 at 11:03 AM.

"Not going to be around for long."
    It took a whole decade, mate. Where have you been?

And I don't mock Blizzard. I call out bad story.
    That's... that's literally what I'm saying. Alleria and Umbric are not going anywhere, as they'll stick around for the foreseeable future (i.e. next decade).

The Void Elves need more lore characters and Umbric needs developing. It's plain and simple. Your...views of Windrunner doesn't negate the need for more characters.
    Which I've already said many times in the past, and you'd know if you read some of my previous posts.

That's... that's literally what I'm saying. Alleria and Umbric are not going anywhere, as they'll stick around for the foreseeable future (i.e. next decade).
    And in that time, develop Umbric further and have more void elf characters (Auric Sunchaser - changed to Auric Voidchaser), otherwise in the 2030's, you might be saying goodbye to Windrunner and Umbric and then the Void Elf identity is up in the air.

Forsaken fans will tell you, this isn't a good feeling.

Which I've already said many times in the past, and you'd know if you read some of my previous posts.
    Meh, I only read posts that are more about Blood Elves and Nightborne. I don't care about the others.
    Got my Void Elf Warlock when I want to be a Human servant.

And this thread is primarily about Blood Elves and Night Elves, remember?
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2020-12-30 at 11:30 AM.

And in that time, develop Umbric further and have more void elf characters (Auric Sunchaser - changed to Auric Voidchaser), otherwise in the 2030's, you might be saying goodbye to Windrunner and Umbric and then the Void Elf identity is up in the air.

Forsaken fans will tell you, this isn't a good feeling.

Meh, I only read posts that are more about Blood Elves and Nightborne. I don't care about the others.
    Got my Void Elf Warlock when I want to be a Human servant.

And this thread is primarily about Blood Elves and Night Elves, remember?
    1) And we're back to square one, because you're assuming Alleria and Umbric are doomed.

2) As OP put a 3rd option for people who don't care about either of those races, I am talking about Void elves.

I must say, I should thank the OP for that gesture of kindness. That third option is really nice.

I am talking about Void elves.
    To the shock of nobody.

But it's been fun, derailing this topic slightly, but I'm only going to talk to people regarding Kaldorei and Sin'dorei. The named races of this thread...the main important races

As hard as the writers have systematically tried to ruin night elves, they're still better than blood elves, provided that you keep Tyrande well out of sight.

I can tell you that I've had people telling me over and over again since 2017 "Either Alleria or Umbric are totally going to become villains dude! It's inevitable!".
    They already are villains, you poor blind fool.

Blood Elves obviously. They look great in any armor type, have good animations for the most part and unlike humans, they DO look like proper humans.

As for the lore, pretty usual stuff for both races, but I personally like the backdrop of the Blood Elves more than the boring "defenders of the world" trope the Night Elves have going for them. Dealing with the arcane when it was seen as an offense, bringing the Legion to Azeroth, the fight against it, then exiled, then almost wiped out, then down the dark path of fel abuse and then "redeemed". They are ambitious and have endured a lot of bad shit happening to them. I respect that.

No, dear sweetheart.

Tyrande needs to collect her "Recruitment officer for the Horde" badge from Orgrimmar.
    Her people essentially pushed both Elven races, Blood Elves and Nightborne, into Sylvanas' hands...which is real ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Keep pretending the BElves aren't descendants of the Highborne who summoned the Legion, and do their best to emulate those Highborne.

No, it's because Cata gameplay shat all over lore and Blizz was too lazy to bother with a decent story for NElf mages.

The original version had DR and pals merely being survivors, reluctantly following Mal and Tyrande and constantly scheming to go back to the very recklessness that had nearly destroyed the world.

Good Lord.

You do know Liadrin's excuse was being a character as opposed to an omniscient player, right? If this statement is serious, you're ignorant, deliberately or not.

If you celebrate Blizzard's bad writing, sure. Do you remember when Bob did exactly nothing but slink around waiting to join the winning side and pretend he'd been there all along?

"Literary Techniques for $500, Alex."
    "This literary device occurs when a writer favors one of his characters."
    "What is an author's pet?"
    I'm drastically out of my depth in this conversation, but I think it's worth pointing out that 'This isn't the lore because I don't like it' isn't a good argument.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Blood elves are boring. Night elves women are tall, athletic, mysterious, assertive, glowy eyes, cool tattoos and are warriors. Blood elves went from neat mana addicts that enslaved light chimes to being boring humans with long ears.
    Night elves are superior in every way. God damn blood elves for pestering Azeroth for too long.

I prefer the Night Elves, though I play Horde.

Blood Elves I just never liked and never will. Nightborne just do the whole Elven Shrewdness with grace and aristocracy. Blood Elves from the beginning reminded me of Malfoy-like evil for teh lols. And the entire theme of their race seems to be how traitorous their kind is. First with the betrayal of humans, then to the draenei, then to Mists of Pandaria's near attempt at Lorthemar going turncoat on the Horde back into the Alliance, then to a sect of them betraying the Horde to now fight for the Alliance.

crappy race all around. I guess their overall theme is desperation of a once proud people?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I prefer the Night Elves, though I play Horde.

Blood Elves I just never liked and never will. Nightborne just do the whole Elven Shrewdness with grace and aristocracy. Blood Elves from the beginning reminded me of Malfoy-like evil for teh lols. And the entire theme of their race seems to be how traitorous their kind is. First with the betrayal of humans, then to the draenei, then to Mists of Pandaria's near attempt at Lorthemar going turncoat on the Horde back into the Alliance, then to a sect of them betraying the Horde to now fight for the Alliance.

crappy race all around. I guess their overall theme is desperation of a once proud people?
    Some Horde players loathed blood elves, because they seemed so different from the original Horde aesthetic, yet now they are the most popular race in the entire faction. Funny how times change.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    The night elves and the blood elves are among two most popular races within the entire lore - the former being the 2nd most popular Alliance race, and the latter being the most popular Horde race.

Both bring a unique flavor to the traditional high fantasy elves -- and have distinctive cultures and a very rich sense of ancient heritage. They have contributed tremendously to the history of events within Azeroth, both positively and less positively -- helping defend the world various times, as well as making serious mistakes -- as well as to their respective factions, the Alliance and the Horde. Without either of them, the World of Warcraft would not exist. At least, not as we know it today.

Which race do you think is the best-developed and the most popular generally speaking? Which race would you choose if you had to pick? And could anything be done to improve them further?
    Fascinating, despite the night elven popularity, the vast majority of those who resopnd are the blood elf fans - definitely the more vocal crowd, which means that they are more inspiring. WHich makes sense, they've had the better lore and presentation so far.

Neither... #Forsakenmasterrace

I like night elves better from a general lore/fantasy perspective, but I really have trouble with the night elf male model. Artwork of them looks so much better than the actual in-game model. Based purely on model aesthetics, I like the blood elf male better. Otherwise, night elves win out. However, I do like the blood elves, and I think WoW is a richer tapestry for having them both in it.