Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Fellow druids: Do you ever use your traditional mounts?

I recently turned one of my priests into a Druid (because I enjoy playing solo more these days) and I can fully express the concept and aesthetic I want through transmog and combat forms, but man... the battle between the functional superiority and aesthetic limitation of travel form is such a drag!

Do any of you ever say “screw it, this character rides X” with your druids? It’s such a temptation for me!

I only use normal mounts in BGS, otherwise its travel form

Yep, I absolutely love Frogs but could not afford the one in BFA so I was overjoyed to get the one that's easy to get this expansion. Been riding that thing everywhere if I'm not in an immense hurry.

I have the Grove Warden mount and it fits druid so well and that nice blue trail it leaves behind is really nice so I use that.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I have the Grove Warden mount and it fits druid so well and that nice blue trail it leaves behind is really nice so I use that.
    Oh no denying that the grove warden is gorgeous! My night Fae Druid is all travel forms all the time! But my new Venthyr Druid looks so silly as any of the ground forms! I’m hoping that 9.1 comes with glyphs to visibly alter spells, pets and forms in accordance with covenant aesthetics!

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Oh no denying that the grove warden is gorgeous! My night Fae Druid is all travel forms all the time! But my new Venthyr Druid looks so silly as any of the ground forms! I’m hoping that 9.1 comes with glyphs to visibly alter spells, pets and forms in accordance with covenant aesthetics!
    yes please, my necrolord guardian druid would love a plague bear form.

I use ground mounts all the time and go out of my way to farm new ones. Flying mounts though...bird form is just too good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsj View Post
    yes please, my necrolord guardian druid would love a plague bear form.
    The Legion Artifact hidden appearance might suit your fancy?
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on where I am and what I'm doing. If it's a short journey, through mobs, or requires jumping, I go travel form. Wild charge + cat form for fall damage is a charm, plus no chance of being dismounted from enemies in travel form. But for longer journeys I always go back to my classic Winterspring Frostsaber. I use other mounts a bunch, but always go back to this one as my most common. Only on my druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

7+ Year Old Account
    The vast majority of the time, I'm cruising around in leopard travel form.

The runestag from the Queen's Conservatory looks sweet, looking forward to getting that. 90% of the time I'm in travel form, the rest either on the archaeology bug mount or the fox mount.

Not really they are not instant cast but i do use the big toad mount now. Well in bg's too seeing as travelform is slower then ground mounts there.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Yes... but when I do it's often the Sky Golem (I really wish they didn't add this )

Mount Equipment doesn't work in Travel form, so, it can be beneficial to use a normal mount if you're travelling longer distances and have the speed increase or daze resistance slotted.

But of course my Druid's a Herbalist and never goes past a node... Travel form is usually the go to here, but again, the Mount Speed increase isn't all bad so I have been known to use the Sky Golem on some routes.

For travelling where I don't have to quickly move between mobs/quest items/herbs? Yes absolutely. I still like the idea of my Night Elf Druid riding a Nightsaber or Runestag (which I'm looking forward to getting with Night Fae).

I never use regular flying mounts when I can use my flight form. Its superior. In BGs and Dungeons I use my glad nether drake. Thats the only mount I use when not in shapeshift forms

My travel form doesn’t run on water, but the swift zulian tiger does.

And my bird form when balance isn’t translucent stars, like the astral cloud serpent is.

i am more often feral than balance though, so there i fly bird bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I recently turned one of my priests into a Druid
    What does that mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid mountforms are one of the things that I love most about the class so I almost never use other mounts.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    What does that mean?
    It’s largely a RP thing, but I renamed and recustomized my longtime priest into a completely different character (essentially retiring it unless Blizz makes the class comparably solo friendly which is a big ask in comparison to tanks and pet classes) and took that priest’s former name, its shiny new perfect 9.0 character customization and rerolled a Druid. Over the weekend that Druid leveled from 1-60 and he’s now my designated Venthyr character! Same guy, new powers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Only when I have to (BGs). Part of why I like my druid is that I don't have to waste 1.5 seconds every time I want to mount up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.