Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blizzard should add ASAP somthing like Horrific Visions where solo player can get high ilvl gear ( 470 in BfA ) .

Until then will be afk BG fest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather slit my own throat than PvP, but I also noticed it is a very efficient way to get stuff done.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I've always hated PvP, cause fuck the rating system, in no other wow content do you undo progress losing. I hate going up 100 points. Then because we run into some hardcore meta comps going back down that 100 rating. It's so fucking frustrating. But yeah the gear is insane. Especially since you can get conquest gear from the weekly and also the vendor. Buddy of mine has 2 220 weapons, a 220 chest and 220 shoulders, and next week he will be able to get something else 220 aswell as whatever he gets out of the cache.

All of this literally from just an afternoon of arenas. And now he just farms conquest each week without a care in the world in 3's and RBG's

I myself am 1400 well was 1400 on 2v2. I got up to 1580 then the guy had to leave. Then so I tried putting and kept running into dummies and dropped to 1382. Fun... A whole afternoon wasted. On-top of the couple hours I got rating. Now retconned basically. Fucking hate PvP, but it's got limited time rewards and ez pz gear so fuck me right?

I enjoy PvP on its own, I enjoy PvP in other games cause it's mostly skill, but in wow it usually is just "the meta"
    At first, I hated PvP, but I actually started to like it and since Legion, I'm mostly doing PvP. What I agree with you is that losing rating after lost match is indeed frustrating. It always sucked, but there were not really arenas which lasted 5 seconds... now, you face incredibly bursty meta, which runs IK combos. Arenas were always about nuking a target while his teammate is controlled, but right now, several specs can erase you in matter of seconds. It just does not feel right to get obliterated almost instantly and lose your rating because of that.
    With such huge damage spikes some specs have, I don't even see a reason why there is Dampening effect in arenas. It was relevant in BfA, but right now, it is just disadvantageous for healers/hybrids.

How much honor to get Ilvl 184 honor item? And it requires no rating? I see conquest Ilvl 200 being worth to go for, aka just do weekly 25 kills, and maybe some more.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    If you are tired of the RNG and low drop rates this expansion through mythic+, mythic dungeons and raiding (and even heroic dungeons) I found found PVP and especially conquest as the best way to gear up with little to no RNG.

I bought 2 (200 ilevel) conquest pieces from simply doing random battleground and epic battlegrounds. Also considering all the high amounts of honor you get, you can upgrade honor gear to 184 ilevel.

Doing arena 3's with inexperienced friends we went 16 wins 20 losses in only 2 hours and even with that low score we achieved 1400 rating and can now upgrade our 200 conquest pieces to 207 ilevel.

So if yall bitching about low gear drops, do PVP for no RNG.

If you understandably HATE PVP, just do epic battlegrounds and AFK lol.

blizzard watches you and say "Oh you guys are actually having fun? Ok better NERF your easy way!"

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I was wondering how generous the rating gain was as I haven't done rated pvp in a very long time. I might actually do that as I pretty much have all honor gear at max so any excess is semi wasted. It's just the matter of getting into anything as the rbg groups seemed very "must have 2200 experience" spewed all over.
    You can do 2s and faceroll your way to 1400 rating which is 207 gear, and with little effort/skilly you can get to 1600-1800 rating for 213-220 ilvl which is much more rewarding then doing full H CN for 1 maybe 2 pieces of gear that you may or may not want.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    If you are tired of the RNG and low drop rates this expansion through mythic+, mythic dungeons and raiding (and even heroic dungeons) I found found PVP and especially conquest as the best way to gear up with little to no RNG.

I bought 2 (200 ilevel) conquest pieces from simply doing random battleground and epic battlegrounds. Also considering all the high amounts of honor you get, you can upgrade honor gear to 184 ilevel.

Doing arena 3's with inexperienced friends we went 16 wins 20 losses in only 2 hours and even with that low score we achieved 1400 rating and can now upgrade our 200 conquest pieces to 207 ilevel.

So if yall bitching about low gear drops, do PVP for no RNG.

If you understandably HATE PVP, just do epic battlegrounds and AFK lol.
    Not really feasible as alliance tbh. Getting the daily wins takes around 5-6 hours, m+ is still more time efficient.
    As horde however I would only do PVP atm.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Wait

Who the fuck hates PVP right now?
    Anyone who wants PvP based on skill.

Seriously, WoW PvP is pretty bottom tier. Most other MMOs have far superior / better balanced PvP where skill is the primary determination of wins.

WoW PvP is tolerated by many just as a time killer or, to the OPs point, just to get some gear.

Anyone defending WoW PvP as great has either never played other games involving PvP or is in serious denial.

Epic BGs are PvP for people who hate BGs. And they're relatively balanced at the moment compared to the past I think.

This isn't real life, the bad guys can't hurt you. Run in, kill stuff, die, run back. The easiest way to lose PvP is to be timid.

Wait

Yea hate is too strong, I'd label what I have as indifference towards it.

Yeah, I AFK my BGs every week as well but it's not like its fun content.

doing normal bgs etc is not faster. conquest is capped. play with friends in m+ and in raids, trade gear, ezpz.

Wait

Not hate but it's just boring and simple.

I have not really done PVP since BC, now it is all I want to do in game its fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing stuff you hate just to progress is bad.

I have no doubt that Blizzard is incentivizing people to do PVP with this but I like the game much much more when I stick to doing stuff that agrees with me.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-12-29 at 06:12 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’ve been really enjoying the pvp gearing as I’m not a fan of mythic+ and have out geared my friends who have just been spamming it for a couple of weeks now even with my not great arena rating.

Being able to just ignore pve like you used to is great, though I wish I had something to spend my honor on past the conquest upgrades once a week as I’ve been honor capped for a while now.

I don't hate PVP right now, even with the gimpy balancing in epic BG's. The having to PVP for gearing is maybe annoying for some but you also have to raid. You can't really just play M+ just to M+ because the quality of loot from M+ is garbage compared to raiding or PVP.

You've got 15's dropping ilvl210 when most people doing 15s are ilvl 215+ already from raiding/pvp. Of course you've still gotta do M+ for the vault if you want the best chances for a good choice.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2020-12-29 at 06:37 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    You can do 2s and faceroll your way to 1400 rating which is 207 gear, and with little effort/skilly you can get to 1600-1800 rating for 213-220 ilvl which is much more rewarding then doing full H CN for 1 maybe 2 pieces of gear that you may or may not want.
    I didn't quite mean about how easy the wins were per se but rather the gain per win vs loss per loss of rating

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I don't hate PVP right now, even with the gimpy balancing in epic BG's. The having to PVP for gearing is maybe annoying for some but you also have to raid. You can't really just play M+ just to M+ because the quality of loot from M+ is garbage compared to raiding or PVP.

You've got 15's dropping ilvl210 when most people doing 15s are ilvl 215+ already from raiding/pvp. Of course you've still gotta do M+ for the vault if you want the best chances for a good choice.
    Honestly the stat allocation for some classes is pretty bad in Nathria. Vers is not the best for many(most?) and it's all over the gear. Granted it is in pvp as well, but you mentioned m+ where there's a lot of gear lacking vers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’ve been really enjoying the pvp gearing as I’m not a fan of mythic+ and have out geared my friends who have just been spamming it for a couple of weeks now even with my not great arena rating.

Being able to just ignore pve like you used to is great, though I wish I had something to spend my honor on past the conquest upgrades once a week as I’ve been honor capped for a while now.
    There's the 2 memories as well and once you get new items it'll be a sink plus if you can hit the next bracket.

The fact that you can get 220 or whatever i level gear from low ass 1850 rated arenas is insane when Heroic raids are only 213... they completely make it pointless to even do heroic raids. The ilevels in this xpac are so beyond messed up its not even funny. Not to mention i can go run +14 M+ and not get loot from multiple dungeons when also makes M+ a terrible way to gear right now.

PVP is extremely over tuned for gear.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    There's the 2 memories as well and once you get new items it'll be a sink plus if you can hit the next bracket.
    Ya I got the memories and upgrade all my stuff when I get a new rated piece it’s just that I do so much pvp that I just end up hitting the cap again in no time.

I guess I could buy stuff and then vender it or drop herbing and DE it as I won’t have a full conquest set for a while and the next renown upgrade is still like 2 weeks out.