Poll: Do most Alliance and Horde players really dislike Baine Bloodhoof?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Because Blizzard really fails to convey the fact that Baine has anger issues. In the End Times he is raging around at the former Black Dragon Shrine on a rock in a lake of lava. In the War Crimes book when the dragon opened up portals to other time lines one of the people that came through was a berserking Baine who in that time line ripped Garrosh in half, then he didn't stop.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah thanks for pointing out exactly what I was talking about. He stood by "deeply concerned" in all of these scenarios. He "couldn't" act because writers decided to write him this way... Which is a shame.
    And having him recklessly act in those situations and bring his people to ruin would've been SOOOOO much better, right? If you want shallow "kick ass and screw the consequences" from a world leader I guess that's on you.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Baine is not Warchief material.

#NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, he is boring as fuck and cares more about the alliance than not just the horde, but especially his own people(eh cows?).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And having him recklessly act in those situations and bring his people to ruin would've been SOOOOO much better, right? If you want shallow "kick ass and screw the consequences" from a world leader I guess that's on you.
    Oh yes because there is obviously nothing between. "Do nothing" or "act carelessly".

Tauren are more interesting as "pacifist but if you mess with them you get the horn" rather just "pacifist".

Baine is "pacifist". Cairne would fight in the frontline and challenge Warchief who isn't fit to lead. No suprise people liked him more.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    This is an unfortunate mindset and not one that I blame you for, but rather I think its unfortunate that Blizzard hasn't done a good enough job at making you care.

In an ideal WoW no matter the faction you play for characters should be interesting in my opinion though obviously interesting for different reasons.
    Blizzard hasn't done a good job making anyone care about Taurens at all. They don't fit into the Horde at all and hold absolutely no power within it. The Horde would not change at all would the Tauren leave or be annihilated. That's why Baine is not interesting: No matter what he does, it's all inconsequential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Do most Alliance and Horde players right now really dislike Baine?
    He's too bland to form an oppinion of.

Even his betrayal, and avoiding an obvious capital punishment,in BfA didn't cause anyones piss to boil.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Blizzard hasn't done a good job making anyone care about Taurens at all. They don't fit into the Horde at all and hold absolutely no power within it. The Horde would not change at all would the Tauren leave or be annihilated. That's why Baine is not interesting: No matter what he does, it's all inconsequential.
    Taurens do fit the horde, perfectly.

The problem is blizzard want to make Baine as paragon and role model for taurens, when he isn't, he is being ruined over and over being more of an alliance character than horde, helping the enemies and punishing his own people

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Oh yes because there is obviously nothing between. "Do nothing" or "act carelessly".

Tauren are more interesting as "pacifist but if you mess with them you get the horn" rather just "pacifist".

Baine is "pacifist". Cairne would fight in the frontline and challenge Warchief who isn't fit to lead. No suprise people liked him more.
    When Cairne challenged Garrosh to the duel the Horde wasn't in the middle of a crisis. Sure, let's go ahead and sow discord in the Horde during an emergency for the sake of personal grudges. That'll show them what good leaders we are.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

When Cairne challenged Garrosh to the duel the Horde wasn't in the middle of a crisis. Sure, let's go ahead and sow discord in the Horde during an emergency for the sake of personal grudges. That'll show them what good leaders we are.
    If Cairn won. He would be war chief and could have solved the crisis because the Kaldorei would trust him and send him the resources.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    If Cairn won. He would be war chief and could have solved the crisis because the Kaldorei would trust him and send him the resources.
    Cairne and Varian would have become the greatest defenders of azeroth

7+ Year Old Account
    both times the horde was in the middle of a war

The frist time the whole world was going into a crisis, and dealing with Sylvanus, who kill innocents and taint the horde name/honor is not rly "personal grudges"

- - - Updated - - -

Cute to believe that, the alliance would have just smashed the horde to hell

I think people rly forget how Varian was a racist who want to clean the world from orcs and the horde in general

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

I think people rly forget how Varian was a racist who want to clean the world from orcs and the horde in general
    Varian yes. The Kaldorei do not.
    The Kaldorei were about to rearm the Wood trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Cairne and Varian would have become the greatest defenders of azeroth
    And BFA happens because the two die eroically in Legion. And we cannot be at peace without them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Lolno. In the Shattering book, nelfs break the trade treaty even before Garrosh is officially made Warchief. So, if they broke the treaty when the Horde was still led by the ultra pacifist Thrall, why would it be any different with Cairne?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Varian yes. The Kaldorei do not.

And BFA happens because the two die eroically in Legion. And we cannot be at peace without them.
    Cairne wouldnt have appointed Sylvanas as his succesor in a million years

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Lolno. In the Shattering book, nelfs break the trade treaty even before Garrosh is officially made Warchief. So, if they broke the treaty when the Horde was still led by the ultra pacifist Thrall, why would it be any different with Cairne?
    Do you remember why Cairn and Garrosh fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Cairne wouldnt have appointed Sylvanas as his succesor in a million years
    No one would make Sylvanas the warchief. not even Sylvanas.
    Even in the novel before BFA she says that she doesn't want to be a warchief.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and it has nothing to do with nelfs lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Because Cairne's mad cow disease had progressed to the point where he barged into the Warchief's room and slapped him over a false flag attack that he didn't bother to investigate.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I can't believe the joke is more true than the one that is supposed to be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    both times the horde was in the middle of a war

The frist time the whole world was going into a crisis, and dealing with Sylvanus, who kill innocents and taint the horde name/honor is not rly "personal grudges"

- - - Updated - - -

The personal grudge I was talking about was Cairne's death. Baine knew he had a choice. Take out his anger about his father's death on Garrosh and splinter the Horde, or swallow his anger and let the Horde keep together. And dealing with the Cataclysm was not as immediately a problem as the aftermath of Dazar'alor when the Alliance was in striking distance of wiping out the Horde.