Poll: Do most Alliance and Horde players really dislike Baine Bloodhoof?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Baine is a coward.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

He's pretty terrible but I think he's just a race that Bliz's writers don't know how to write as anything but bland and passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gann Stonespire View Post
    Tell me more about how Garrosh made Twinbraid of Ironforge and Khazgorm of the Explorer's League invade the Stonespire tribe's land and genocide the inhabitants during Vanilla. Tell me more about how Garrosh forced Varian to promote Twinbraid to High Marshall.
    Again, I did not mention your dwarfs and have no interest in your radical anti-dwarven agenda. Wave your sign in some else's face.

Stonespire already got his revenge and died happy, what even is your problem? How many Alliance members are still waiting for the chance of revenge because the game mechanics force us to always forgive and forget, so that the Horde can keep existing. You keep going on and on about this little tribe, when the Horde just murdered thousands of Night Elves. Where is our revenge for that?

And you just confirmed you're an Alliance fanboy supporting Baine out of spite for the Horde playerbase.
    I wonder when I ever denied to be an Alliance player? My "support" of Baine is not out of spite though. It is because with Baine at the top there is at least a small chance that the Alliance will not have to play the outlet when the Horde feels the itch to go murderhobo next time.

It is however an unfortunate fact that for the Horde playerbase this already constitutes "spite", because I do not want them to go on another rampage on Alliance personal. As this forum clearly shows most people can only accept a Horde identity if it is based on killing Alliance people, anything less is impossible to fathom for them. And it is this narrow-minded view that is the root cause for the hatred of Baine.

There's nothing to be gained from attacking the Alliance soldiers that are in their lands, killing their people and trying to invade their capital? LOL
    Sure, they could die for their cause, as Stonespire actually did. I suppose that is something.

I love how Horde hating Baine defenders always have to resort to lies like this and "those prospectors who called the military in the first place to kill people were helpless civilians and were killed in the explosion of a fortress they weren't even near."
    Again, I got no clue where you got that line from. I certainly did not use it, I assume it has something to do with Bael'dun Fortress that you are so obessed with, but maybe your fanatism is growing out of hand if you have to imagine things people say so you can grow angry about it?

7+ Year Old Account
    The hypocrisy here is strong, yeah, the other guy is a fanatic, what a joke

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    He's pretty terrible but I think he's just a race that Bliz's writers don't know how to write as anything but bland and passive.
    Tauren are clearly inspired by Native Americans. Which leads me to think that writers have a quite messed up concept about what Native Americans were actually like.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Tauren are clearly inspired by Native Americans. Which leads me to think that writers have a quite messed up concept about what Native Americans were actually like.
    yep. Native American could get pretty savage at times.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Baine defenders in this thread have multiple times made blatant lies about how was in Bael'dun's cannon fortress of death to defend their precious poor defense genocidal warcriminals.

He's dull and boring, the only good thing about him is his cool outfit, i dig it.

5+ Year Old Account
    He’s alright and most reasonable. I play on Alliance. I think he would be great warchief next to Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    He's dull and boring
    Ah don't you worry about that. If Blizz establishes he is indeed as dull and boring as people claim, he will be turned into a Death Knight as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    He’s alright and most reasonable. I play on Alliance. I think he would be great warchief next to Thrall.
    He's a genocide apologist with paper thin morality at best. If Sylvanas served a baby buffet, he might politely turn her down and watch everyone else eat them. Or he might eat it reluctantly. He's weak and spineless, never once showing the courage to truly stand up for what he supposedly believes. Either that, or he's fine with genocide.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    He's a genocide apologist with paper thin morality at best. If Sylvanas served a baby buffet, he might politely turn her down and watch everyone else eat them. Or he might eat it reluctantly. He's weak and spineless, never once showing the courage to truly stand up for what he supposedly believes. Either that, or he's fine with genocide.
    What course of events forced you to think this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    What course of events forced you to think this way?
    It's how Baine is every time we see him. Any time he does something, it's far too late to matter. I don't dislike his character concept, but his character execution is a weak spineless thing that feels slightly guiltier in as meaningless a manner as possible. The next time there's a genocidal warchief, he'll go right back to stepping in line as everyone is building death camps around him. Then he'll get upset over something relatively trivial.

I am a Alliance player and I dont mind Baine but I do feel that he has not been used well, I think the writers just dont know what to do with him, he doesnt really bring anything to the table as a leader and he flip-flops between being loyal to the warchief and marching agaisnt them. They would have been better making him a druid so he could atleast bring some druidic powers to the leadership table as the Orc leader will always be the goto smasher so he just has to linger in the back with his totem waiting for the Orc to tire them selves out before he can be useful.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Ironically enough, Native Americans (whom Tauren are clearly based off) were anything but bland or passive back in the day.

He kinda reminds me of EU leaders showing "deep concern" whenever something outrageous happens without doing anything of substance. He didn't do anything about his father being killed, neither against Garrosh or Magatha/Grimhorns, he didn't do anything about camp Taurajo genocide, he stood by when Teldrassil burned, he didn't really oppose Sylvanas until it didn't really matter anymore. But in all these scenarios he was "deeply concerned"...

That said, he just needs some fist pumping moments. He is supposed to be a formidable warrior but we never see him in combat. I think that if Blizzard gave him some "pushed too far" story where he actually gets down to business and puts aside his pacifist nature to fight for his principles, then we might see some more appreciation for his character.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    He kinda reminds me of EU leaders showing "deep concern" whenever something outrageous happens without doing anything of substance. He didn't do anything about his father being killed, neither against Garrosh or Magatha/Grimhorns, he didn't do anything about camp Taurajo genocide, he stood by when Teldrassil burned, he didn't really oppose Sylvanas until it didn't really matter anymore. But in all these scenarios he was "deeply concerned"...

That said, he just needs some fist pumping moments. He is supposed to be a formidable warrior but we never see him in combat. I think that if Blizzard gave him some "pushed too far" story where he actually gets down to business and puts aside his pacifist nature to fight for his principles, then we might see some more appreciation for his character.
    He couldn't do anything about his father because it would sever his people from the Horde and he wouldn't hurt them to soothe his own pain. He banished Magatha and her followers from his lands. He acknowledged Taurajo as a legitimate military target, as sad as it was. He wasn't even involved with Teldrassil at all. And you have to realize the "we have to stop her" moment came when she spat in the face of everything the Forsaken stood for. Imagine if Baine was the one going off the slippery slope with Sylvanas watching worriedly. Baine doing something insane like trying to use the Earthmother's power to destroy the land to beat an enemy would've been the kind of Godzilla threshold that Sylvanas crossed with her stunt with Jaina's brother.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    He couldn't do anything about his father because it would sever his people from the Horde and he wouldn't hurt them to soothe his own pain. He banished Magatha and her followers from his lands. He acknowledged Taurajo as a legitimate military target, as sad as it was. He wasn't even involved with Teldrassil at all. And you have to realize the "we have to stop her" moment came when she spat in the face of everything the Forsaken stood for. Imagine if Baine was the one going off the slippery slope with Sylvanas watching worriedly. Baine doing something insane like trying to use the Earthmother's power to destroy the land to beat an enemy would've been the kind of Godzilla threshold that Sylvanas crossed with her stunt with Jaina's brother.
    Yeah thanks for pointing out exactly what I was talking about. He stood by "deeply concerned" in all of these scenarios. He "couldn't" act because writers decided to write him this way... Which is a shame.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    As a result of this lack of clearly defined tenets of honor it often seems like Baine picks and chooses when he wants to be "honourable" based on his feelings rather than deepseeded culturual programming passed on from generation to generation.
    Honour in WoW is whatever the SW king thinks or might think it is, end of story.

Baine has a good heart. His treason against the Horde endangered him and his people, but he did the right thing.