Post The Story of BFA

This is a prose narrative of the Battle for Azeroth expansion. I've made some minor changes, mostly in the first few chapters, that I think help it hang together as a story. If you take a look, I hope you enjoy it.

The Story of BFA

At the time this was written, the later patches hadn't come out yet. I didn't play past 8.1 so I didn't add more.
    Last edited by kansor; 2022-04-11 at 08:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

From the link:
    "Chapter 4: Flaming Retribution. In retribution for the loss of Undercity, the Horde sweeps through night elf lands in a bid to claim the World Tree."

Are you sure it didn't happen in the opposit order?

This is basically fanfiction. Even if it does make the story slightly more believable and improves upon the train wreck that we got, it's still not what actually happened.

Nice to dream, I guess, OP.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosnogard View Post
    From the link:
    "Chapter 4: Flaming Retribution. In retribution for the loss of Undercity, the Horde sweeps through night elf lands in a bid to claim the World Tree."

Well, that was a common speculation before BfA launched, and it would certainly have made a lot more sense than what we ended up with. But alas, Afrasiabi & co. were in quite a hurry to shove MoP 2.0, Morally Grey™ Edition, down our throats.

More OT, great work OP, but I really doubt that many people are interested in revisiting the carfire that was BfA lorewise.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

From the link:

One of the most frequent suggestions for improving BFA was to switch the order.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    This is basically fanfiction.
    It's my retelling of the story. The changes are mostly in the first few chapters.
    Last edited by kansor; 2022-04-11 at 08:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Well, that was a common speculation before BfA launched, and it would certainly have made a lot more sense than what we ended up with. But alas, Afrasiabi & co. were in quite a hurry to shove MoP 2.0, Morally Grey™ Edition, down our throats.

More OT, great work OP, but I really doubt that many people are interested in revisiting the carfire that was BfA lorewise.
    Well considering that the Burning of Teldrassil was the pre BfA event, and the first thing you do as Alliance (I don't play Horde atm) is to invade Undercity, I'm not sure if I'm being trolled or if you're serious :P

5+ Year Old Account
    Well considering that the Burning of Teldrassil was the pre BfA event, and the first thing you do as Alliance (I don't play Horde atm) is to invade Undercity, I'm not sure if I'm being trolled or if you're serious :P
    Yeah, my bad, I meant that it was common speculation during the BfA beta, when devs were playing hide and seek as to who had ordered the Burning, and whether it was taking place before or after Lordaeron.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Yeah, my bad, I meant that it was common speculation during the BfA beta, when devs were playing hide and seek as to who had ordered the Burning, and whether it was taking place before or after Lordaeron.

Ah that makes sense then. Thanks for clearing it up. It's getting late here and I thought I needed to get some sleep :P

I feel like "the war is dumb" is an oversimplification. It was an interesting and controversial choice to have the PC's role in it be up to them. The story doesn't really work without some level of RPing, mainly horde side between sympathizing more with the loyalists vs. rebels. Though I will maintain there is something fundamentally baffling about saying hi to your horde NPCs mining azerite in a quarry on your way to kill an NPC for a magni WQ who was doing the same dang thing.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2021-01-18 at 03:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I haven't even read through all of this yet but I still consider it canon compared to what actually happened in BFA

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, lorewise, the War of Thorns (culminating in the destruction of Teldrassil) came before the Battle for Lordaeron.
    Afterwards, the night elves fought on a warfront and took back Darkshore.