Poll: Do you play less or more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

I spent a good long while on the first couple days going through the leveling content on four characters. Now I log in every day to do my emissary, some other world quests, run some M+ and some Torghast, and if it's Tuesday/Wednesday, work on the campaign. Today, I plan to down the two open wings of LFR once maintenance is over.

Sometimes, when I feel like it, I'll work on one of my other three alts that are at 60, but that'll be a lot more slow going, I think, until I finish the campaign on my main.

It's a really simple cycle, but it's one that I'm satisfied with because thus far, I've been really enjoying the content, which is the main thing that matters. There's nothing wrong with logging on for a couple hours every day, getting your shit done, and logging out until tomorrow if it's fun, and it's still fun for me. I haven't had any less fun with this expansion than I did when I first started playing it, even though I don't log on as much, and if the "honeymoon phase" is really over, apparently, then I guess that's a good sign.

7+ Year Old Account
    From release to now, about half the time that I did previously. Has nothing to do with the game though. Holidays, for me, are a busy time of the year.... even with COVID.

Was less over Christmas Eve/Day/Boxing day, but now I'm back to the normal state. Having the most relaxed expansion release in recent memory right here.

More or less the same. I would like to play more in these holidays but my wife works from home and she uses my game desk during the day because it’s comfortable and has a big monitor.

But I’m starting to work with alts, I login the main only for new renowns, a couple of layer 6 Thorgast, world boss, some M+ and wq if they give 250 anima or a useful conduit. I chose not to care about reps hoping Blizzard was not lying when they said that this time pathfinder would not have required revered reps.

Less because of the holidays, but I'm still catching up from launch, so I'll get back on track after the holidays.

I would play more if i had more people to play with. I like the new dungeons and raid, but if you not playing any of the meta classes it's really hard to get into m+ groups and sitting and wasting 1 hour of your life trying to find groups is a killer for me, and there is really not much to do outside of raid, dungeons or pvp. I hope Blizzard have some future plans, because im actually afraid we could end up with a WoD 2.0, fun start, but 1-2 month into the exp people start realising there ain't much to do. And i already seen alot of people basically quit doing m+ because it really feel unrewarding, and if you don't care about rio score or something like that, m+ is basically waste of time since the chance to get a upgrade is so slim.

About the same. The problem is with the casual playerbase. Shadowlands took the worst lesson possible from Classic and gave them nothing to do.

A lot of players do like to progress their character even if they don't partake in grouped content, its been like that for over 15 years. For the first time since Classic the game says no, if you want to have good gear you have to engage in premade content.

There's no crafting and there's no badge gear to work towards. There's no titanforging which arguably is a good thing but they took away a major carrot from a big part of the playerbase, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard start seeing a lot of unsubs related to this.

I think they need to device a system where casual players can farm currencies from random BGs, world quests and heroic dungeons that will allow them to buy a piece of decent gear every week, much like during the ICC patch. It can even be two separate vendors with two separate currencies for PvP and PvE.
    I do think that they need to put in a safeguard though so that high end players don't feel forced to do it. For example if you've gotten a piece of gear that week that's of a higher quality then you won't be able to buy anything and the currency will go to waste.