Thread: Torghast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Layer 8 done, without any soul remnants, without any anima powers. Just in case I recorded whole run, wont make it public but if someone really wants to see it can send in on PM.

https://i.imgur.com/Dnu1JeS.jpg
    You know its L8 from the amount of anima

So:
    - BM hunter 205 ilvl
    - flask, oil, food
    - no torghast buffs whatsoever, no anima powers, no remnants
    - Entire run was 27 minutes
    - took me 17 minutes to get to floor 6, skipped most of the mobs on 1,2,4,5 floors failed couple of times, should have taken camouflage instead.
    - You can technically do it below 10 minutes with better gear and better talents.

It was single most exciting thing in this expansion so far. Shame it's not repeatable. And shame there is no achievement for this.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by heheszek View Post
    ye any rewards that boost power of ur char are horrible
    tbh torghast is kinda ok, but the vision of - that u need like 5 full weeks to upgrade 1 legendary to full, imagine if u need more than 1 for specific content, spec, pve/pve its just multiplies.. on top of that add an alt and u are fked - just horrifies me

its soo good that u can just buy it at lvl 190 for the effect, compared to bfa u would have to spent 2 months there xd but its still kinda long to upgrade it if u want more than 1 legendary
    to be fair tho... item level is not everything. The power difference is very small if it's fully upgraded or not. So like it's not really necessary to get the 235 ilvl piece. Maybe 190 is too low, but like 210 is fine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Layer 8 done, without any soul remnants, without any anima powers. Just in case I recorded whole run, wont make it public but if someone really wants to see it can send in on PM.

https://i.imgur.com/Dnu1JeS.jpg
    You know its L8 from the amount of anima

So:
    - BM hunter 205 ilvl
    - flask, oil, food
    - no torghast buffs whatsoever, no anima powers, no remnants
    - Entire run was 27 minutes
    - took me 17 minutes to get to floor 6, skipped most of the mobs on 1,2,4,5 floors failed couple of times, should have taken camouflage instead.
    - You can technically do it below 10 minutes with better gear and better talents.

It was single most exciting thing in this expansion so far. Shame it's not repeatable. And shame there is no achievement for this.
    This looks like the quest run where you find thrall. Not a standard torghast run

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    This looks like the quest run where you find thrall. Not a standard torghast run
    I was surprised as well because I didn't do scenario before this attempt, I couldn't damage those 3 mobs and nothing happened when I hit them.

It is standard layer 8 tho.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

idk, Torghast is fun. I do it as both Ret/Prot depending on my mood. Other than the day before the massive nerfs (tfw you spend 4hrs optimising so you can clear it solo just to have it nerfed a few hours later) I haven't really struggled with it at all excepting maybe having to plan cooldowns a little bit as I was gearing up.

I do it for ash cap and for fun. Gimme Twisting corridors so I can actually get rewards out of this, though. I'd be much more inclined to play through it if there was even a bit of a carrot on the end of the stick. That said, as Ret and on my DH alt I still occasionally enjoy just memeing through a layer to see which stupid builds I can pull off.

Stupidest so far goes to Havoc DH with infinite stacking immolation aura and AFKing a layer 5 endboss to death. Literally.

Here you go, a full run, ui blurred up because of advice andy's.

Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV