Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Were any rotations actually hard in BC? I remember warlocks had to snapshot and never let the spell fall off.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Were any rotations actually hard in BC? I remember warlocks had to snapshot and never let the spell fall off.
    Shamans dropping individual totems was a PITA. Also, as a Prot Warrior the meta game of dying if you ever missed a SBlock was... uh... fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Are we gonna have paladins standing outside Karazhan to buff people on the way in? Or a ton of warlocks and shamans? Everyone is a leatherworker for drums?

And Sunwell will be cleared 60 minutes after release / gating removed, right?
    Gating removed? Is it connfirmed or is it a question ?

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Why would Blizz remove gating? It's an easy way on their end to make the content last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    I believe he is referring to sunwell being opened (similar to AQ but it’s tied to dailies done instead of turn ins if I remember right)

You don’t need to be attuned to sunwell, but the server has to complete so many dailies, to open more quests, which opens up more quests and vendors, which eventually opens up sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Short answer...yes
    Long answer....how is it on private legacy servers now? However it is....Probably again yes
    the fix for paladins is mot likely going into the beginning of tbc due to it was fixed in tbc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Why would Blizz remove gating? It's an easy way on their end to make the content last longer.
    Beyond the original "time-gating" content was released as it was finished there is alot of content to go thru, so it will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    I wish that were true.

Classic, especially everything before Naxx, requires almost 0 min/max because it’s so easy yet it’s a world buff, consumable, and meta classing stacking world.
    Then play with people that don't do "meta class stacking" or use world buffs or consumables...
    I have just solved your problem.

The best min/max will just to be farm gold and buy all your gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    I wish that were true.

Classic, especially everything before Naxx, requires almost 0 min/max because it’s so easy yet it’s a world buff, consumable, and meta classing stacking world.
    Have you done a raid full of non-consuming and no world buff players? Specifically in AQ40. It's torture.

Cleared all classic contet w/o wbuffs and trash characters. Was still very very easy. That logic does not hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilookfly View Post
    Cleared all classic contet w/o wbuffs and trash characters. Was still very very easy. That logic does not hold up.
    link logs pls

Quote Originally Posted by poggers View Post
    link logs pls
    What for? The old game is super easy. This should be a basic accepted fact at this point.

What for? The old game is super easy. This should be a basic accepted fact at this point.
    Why wouldn't you have logs though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Why wouldn't you have logs though?

Just like everyone else that cleared Naxx naked

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post

Just like everyone else that cleared Naxx naked
    Go on logs. Go through the runs on Shazzrah horde eu. Scroll a bit until you get one of the shittier times and you'll find us. Bad speed since we're not fully consumed or world buffed. Your 15 year old game is easy as shit. Get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go on logs. Go through the runs on Shazzrah horde eu. Scroll a bit until you get one of the shittier times and you'll find us. Bad speed since we're not fully consumed or world buffed. Your 15 year old game is easy as shit. Get over it.
    Who claimed it wasn't easy? Asking to scroll through logs without any intricate detail is more than vague.

Why don’t you just post a name or something? Or idk maybe post the logs, you clearly know how to get to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Why don’t you just post a name or something? Or idk maybe post the logs, you clearly know how to get to them.
    What would that prove? Its not like its rare or hard to do. How would me linking logs change anything besides me letting you know what guild I played in?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Who claimed it wasn't easy? Asking to scroll through logs without any intricate detail is more than vague.
    So what would my classic logs from some time back add to this conversation. Nothing.

What would that prove? Its not like its rare or hard to do. How would me linking logs change anything besides me letting you know what guild I played in?

- - - Updated - - -

So what would my classic logs from some time back add to this conversation. Nothing.
    Not suggesting it isn’t do-able. Just seeing if what you say holds any value to see if what you are saying is true and you actually did this yourself. I think you know this, which is why you aren’t linking anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    You made the assertion. Proof's on you.

FWIW, I think everything through AQ40 is perfectly clearable without buffs. But you're not doing that or Naxx with 'trash characters', sorry.

I don't particularly CARE if you link logs, but saying you cleared it with 'trash' characters and no buffs is your thing. If you don't link stuff, you look like you're lying even if you're not.

On TBC - we minmaxed IN TBC. People act like no one did then, but we certainly did. It was easier to do since itemization wasn't trash and the explosion in interest meant that sites like EJ and theory crafting had developed pretty well.

The issue in Classic and for TBC is not 'will people min-max and will they bring that to raiding' (they will) but 'will the retail try hard mentality that acts like you need to copy top 10 guilds even though you're world 2k' pervade the game?
    Last edited by clevin; 2021-01-26 at 09:01 PM.

itll probably ruin tbc like it ruined classic
    Last edited by NihilSustinet; 2021-01-26 at 09:45 PM.