1. #6581
    https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/n...a-51f714c85cbc

    A federal judge ruled Thursday it was an act of terrorism when a Proud Boys leader helped tear down a fence outside the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 and said he would apply a significant enhancement that could add years to his likely prison sentence.

    U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly, a nominee of former President Donald Trump, found the federal terrorism guideline did apply to Proud Boys organizer Joe Biggs. The guideline significantly increases both the offense level and criminal history scores of defendants and can result in a dramatically longer sentence.

    Biggs, a U.S. Army veteran and Purple Heart recipient who previously worked for the conspiracy website InfoWars, was convicted alongside former Proud Boys chairman Enrique Tarrio and three other members of the group earlier this year of multiple offenses following a five-month trial. Those offenses included seditious conspiracy, obstruction of an official proceeding and, most importantly for the terrorism guideline, a felony count of destruction of government property for tearing down a black metal fence on the west side of the Capitol.

    “I’ve reviewed the evidence of Mr. Biggs’ calculation and deliberation in taking down that fence,” Kelly said Thursday morning. “When that fence came down it facilitated the mob in overwhelming law enforcement, entering the Capitol and eventually halting the proceedings.”
    T E R R O R I S M

    From a military veteran and former employee of InfoWars, a website that scored a sit down interview with the president-elect, currently under multiple indictments, many years ago.

    I'm absolutely ready for, "What, taking down fencing is against the law, now?" and like...depending on the context yes it absolutely can be rofl.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...-ca-rcna102597

    Joe Biggs, a Proud Boys leader convicted of seditious conspiracy who the government says "served as an instigator and leader" during the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, was sentenced to 17 years in federal prison on Thursday.
    And 17 years with the T E R R O R I S M enhancement, I believe.

    Before his sentence was handed down Thursday said he was sorry and that he knew he "messed up" on Jan. 6.

    “I apologize for my rhetoric,” Biggs said, adding he used it as a way to deal with what was going on with his family after his daughter was molested by a member of their family. “I’m so sorry. ... I’m not a terrorist, I don’t have hate in my heart.”

    “I’m done with it. I’m sick and tired of left versus right,” Biggs said. The only group he wants to be affiliated with, he said, is his daughter’s PTA.
    Sucks to suck, loser. Blaming his behavior on his daughter being molested is uh...sure a pretty gross way to deflect responsibility from his actions and choices.

  2. #6582
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    79,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sucks to suck, loser. Blaming his behavior on his daughter being molested is uh...sure a pretty gross way to deflect responsibility from his actions and choices.
    A couple points;

    1> You're convicted of terrorism, dude. You ARE a terrorist, by definition.

    2> It's sure telling that he's saying he's "sick and tired of left versus right" when convicted for his own violent far-right-wing attacks, as if the left has anything remotely comparable to January 6 in recent years.


  3. #6583
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "sick and tired of left versus right"
    Ah, the close cousin of "but you have to understand--" meaning, he knows what he did was wrong, and he did it anyhow.

    Also known as "guilty".

  4. #6584
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    79,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Ah, the close cousin of "but you have to understand--" meaning, he knows what he did was wrong, and he did it anyhow.

    Also known as "guilty".
    Exactly the same energy as a guy picking a fight in a bar, getting his ass kicked and thrown out into the alley, and shouting "I didn't even want to drink in that shit bar anyway!"


  5. #6585
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Exactly the same energy as a guy picking a fight in a bar, getting his ass kicked and thrown out into the alley, and shouting "I didn't even want to drink in that shit bar anyway!"
    Nah, the terrorist who just got sentenced is clearly weeping like a frightened child. To follow that analogy, he's not yelling "in fact, forget the hookers!" he tried driving home drunk and ran into a police station. Now, he's blaming the bartender for throwing him out, and "making" him drive drunk.

    17 years is a lot, but he could have gotten double that.

  6. #6586
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/n...a-51f714c85cbc



    T E R R O R I S M

    From a military veteran and former employee of InfoWars, a website that scored a sit down interview with the president-elect, currently under multiple indictments, many years ago.

    I'm absolutely ready for, "What, taking down fencing is against the law, now?" and like...depending on the context yes it absolutely can be rofl.

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...-ca-rcna102597



    And 17 years with the T E R R O R I S M enhancement, I believe.



    Sucks to suck, loser. Blaming his behavior on his daughter being molested is uh...sure a pretty gross way to deflect responsibility from his actions and choices.
    If he was one of the ones looking at 33 years, then 17 years is too light.

  7. #6587
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,218
    Another Proud Boy gets teens of years in prison, still not the 30+ they were asking for, but hopefully enough.

    I’m done with politics, done with peddling lies for other people who don’t care about me.
    -- Zach Rehl, while crying in public

    Yes, three, with extra cheese and extra ketchup on all of them.
    -- Trump, when given the news

  8. #6588
    This is Dylan Quattrucci, the deputy state director for Donald's campaign in New Hampshire, on video speaking about capitol police on Jan. 6

    “I hope Dylan Quattrucci will take the time to comprehend that 4 members of Capitol Police and Metropolitan Police Dept did die via suicide and that the efforts to stop the certification of duly elected President Biden failed in part because of their brave heroics. You are a failure. Those men will be remembered for service to their country. And you’ll be remembered as the guy in the cheap suit during the failed insurrection.”
    And that was Harry Dunn, US capitol police officer commenting last night on this.

    Who knew that Donald's campaign was filled with cop-haters.

  9. #6589
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,218
    Prior to his sentencing, Pezzola told the judge, “I stand before you today as a changed and humble man. I have never denied what I did on J6.”

    “This was the worst, most regrettable decision in my life and I’m truly sorry,” he said, promising that he would never again do anything that would land him in a courtroom.

    While being led out of the courtroom after [Judge] Kelly had departed, Pezzola turned towards the audience, raised one fist and shouted, “Trump won!”
    NBC News isn't even trying to hide the editorializing so neither will I. This is the Proud Boy who just got a 10-year sentence, because he was not found guilty of sedition unlike his comrades. As you can see, he's a disingenuous motherfucker who stole a cop's riot shield, broke the Capitol window with it, then bragged about it on social media.

    And he's a coward. He's a fucking pussy. He waited until after the judge left to incite the crowd, because he doesn't have strength in his convictions. His convictions won't keep him warm at night for the next ten years...maybe he'll find help with that.

    EDIT: His wife called him a fucking idiot on the stand. So, that's fun.

  10. #6590
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    EDIT: His wife called him a fucking idiot on the stand. So, that's fun.
    I almost want to find out where he's going so I can send him some mail in prison. Just to periodically remind him that his probably soon to be ex-wife is probably with another man (maybe a woman!) and having a great, free life and probably having some wonderful sex.

  11. #6591
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,218
    Joe Biggs calls Alex Jones from prison.

    I’m not a terrorist. I don’t have hate in my heart.
    -- a convicted terrorist

    Biggs said he was confident Trump would pardon him. For some reason, he didn't volunteer and Jones didn't ask why Trump didn't do so when he had the chance. Also, during his own closing arguments, his own lawyer said Trump sold them on a lie. Which means, either his lawyer lied, or more likely, Biggs knows there was no fraud, engaged in terrorism and sedition anyhow, and is still standing by Trump, on whose orders he committed terrorism and sedition.

    Meaning he's learned nothing. That's part of a cult, I suppose.

    Biggs also said prison food sucked, said his military pension was revoked because he was convicted of sedition and terrorism, and asked for people to give their money to his family because the only breadwinner was a convicted terrorist. Which, and I know this sounds odd but hear me out, doesn't sound all that American to me. I don't provide aid and comfort to traitors or enemies of the United States. In fact, I think it's illegal if you do that. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps, Mrs. Terrorist, my donations go to people who deserve it.

  12. #6592
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Joe Biggs calls Alex Jones from prison.


    -- a convicted terrorist

    Biggs said he was confident Trump would pardon him. For some reason, he didn't volunteer and Jones didn't ask why Trump didn't do so when he had the chance. Also, during his own closing arguments, his own lawyer said Trump sold them on a lie. Which means, either his lawyer lied, or more likely, Biggs knows there was no fraud, engaged in terrorism and sedition anyhow, and is still standing by Trump, on whose orders he committed terrorism and sedition.

    Meaning he's learned nothing. That's part of a cult, I suppose.

    Biggs also said prison food sucked, said his military pension was revoked because he was convicted of sedition and terrorism, and asked for people to give their money to his family because the only breadwinner was a convicted terrorist. Which, and I know this sounds odd but hear me out, doesn't sound all that American to me. I don't provide aid and comfort to traitors or enemies of the United States. In fact, I think it's illegal if you do that. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps, Mrs. Terrorist, my donations go to people who deserve it.
    Isn't the phrase a lot of people on the right use is "If you cannot do the time, don't do the crime."? I mean, it is a known fact that prison food sucks majorly. I mean, it is prison and all that. All they have to do is provide calories. Flavor will ALWAYS be secondary.

    Also, someone should tell him that hate has nothing to do with being a terrorist. A lot of so called "religious" folk have tons of hate in their heart for anyone else that doesn't believe in what they do. Very few of them are terrorists.

  13. #6593
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    79,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Biggs also said prison food sucked, said his military pension was revoked because he was convicted of sedition and terrorism, and asked for people to give their money to his family because the only breadwinner was a convicted terrorist. Which, and I know this sounds odd but hear me out, doesn't sound all that American to me. I don't provide aid and comfort to traitors or enemies of the United States. In fact, I think it's illegal if you do that. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps, Mrs. Terrorist, my donations go to people who deserve it.
    I mean, we shouldn't wish harm on his family.

    But they can go on welfare and food stamps and get by that way, if they have no other options. If that's "good enough" for other people, it's good enough for them. They don't get to kvetch about it. Maybe they should start supporting left-wing causes if they deem that support insufficient. I'd agree on that.

    But we're talking about how low the bottom of the barrel is. I agree it should be higher. I also agree his family deserves to be on that bottom, and deserves nothing in terms of charitable support (which I distinguish here from governmental support, which is not "charity").

    They're free to find their own bootstraps. Nothing about them stands out from the rest of those in that circumstance, and the actions of Biggs himself mean they should be at the bottom of any priority list for additional help. I can have empathy for people in such circumstances and simultaneously put them at the lowest rung of priority for aid. If we can get everyone more support, huzzah, I don't want to deny his family theirs. Everyone else first.


  14. #6594
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,218
    (wrong thread, moved)
    Last edited by Breccia; 2023-09-05 at 11:34 PM.

  15. #6595

  16. #6596
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,218
    Well, it'll have to do. 22 years in federal prison for treason will ruin his life, and it's all his fault.

  17. #6597
    Damn, lotta Proud Bois going to jail for quite some time.

    Really shocking stuff for anyone who I guess has been in a coma for the past 8ish years and missed the rise of the extremist alt-right and shit.

    https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2021...olence-warning

    Some recent (2021) coverage of the 2009 DHS report under Obama that warned about the rise of right-wing extremism and violence, especially amongst veterans and what happened at the time. I still think about this a lot.

    Predictably, Republicans lost their fucking minds over how "offensive" the report was and how it was partisan and blah blah blah blah

    Yeah, Secretary Janet Napolitano and her DHS were completely fucking on point and people really need to stop cowering in fear every time Republicans stamp their heals and say, "WE'RE OFFENDED!" like the snowflakes they are.

  18. #6598
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,122

    But but ... Glem Greewald said sedition charges were impossible! Woomp woomp



    Bad year for Glem, friends put away for sedition, loses guest appearance gig on Tucker.
    Government Affiliated Snark

  19. #6599
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Capitol physician says McConnell is basically okay. It wasn't a seizure or a stroke.
    I mean, so it’s the onset of dementia then? Not really sure that’s any better.

  20. #6600
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Damn, lotta Proud Bois going to jail for quite some time.

    Really shocking stuff for anyone who I guess has been in a coma for the past 8ish years and missed the rise of the extremist alt-right and shit.

    https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2021...olence-warning

    Some recent (2021) coverage of the 2009 DHS report under Obama that warned about the rise of right-wing extremism and violence, especially amongst veterans and what happened at the time. I still think about this a lot.

    Predictably, Republicans lost their fucking minds over how "offensive" the report was and how it was partisan and blah blah blah blah

    Yeah, Secretary Janet Napolitano and her DHS were completely fucking on point and people really need to stop cowering in fear every time Republicans stamp their heals and say, "WE'RE OFFENDED!" like the snowflakes they are.
    Behind every Proud Boy is a disappointed mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •