10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    For a moment I thought the "Miller" being quoted was Stephen Miller.

And yeah, I think the Democrats would be foolish not to include that testimony, as well as the other rioters that have made similar statements, in their case.
    What really strikes me from a lot of these statements is how incredibly deluded these people were. I always assumed that at least a little of this bravado was tongue in cheek, but clearly for many of them it was 100% sincere. They aren't remotely sorry about what they did, they are just confused that they didn't get away with it.

It seems like many of them truely believed Trump would declare martial law, the military would somehow support him (LOL!), and they would get to established a Facist Utopia without any real resistance to that idea. They aren't sorry they stormed the capital, they are just confused as to why Trump isn't Emperor right now, and why they are being left to answer for their actions with no help from Trump or the GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    What really strikes me from a lot of these statements is how incredibly deluded these people were. I always assumed that at least a little of this bravado was tongue in cheek, but clearly for many of them it was 100% sincere. They aren't remotely sorry about what they did, they are just confused that they didn't get away with it.

It seems like many of them truely believed Trump would declare martial law, the military would somehow support him (LOL!), and they would get to established a Facist Utopia without any real resistance to that idea. They aren't sorry they stormed the capital, they are just confused as to why Trump isn't Emperor right now, and why they are being left to answer for their actions with no help from Trump or the GOP.
    Yeah...being "sorry" for what you did when it has become completely clear that you aren't getting that pardon you hoped for always rings a little hollow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Yeah...being "sorry" for what you did when it has become completely clear that you aren't getting that pardon you hoped for always rings a little hollow.
    My response to that attitude is a hearty "get fucked, you colossal arsebrains".

You didn't know it was gonna be an insurrection, even with everyone around you chanting about "revolution" and calling for murdering officials?
    You didn't know there'd be legal consequences for your breaking the law?
    You thought you'd be protected because you're the Chosen People?

You're just psychotic cultists, led astray by a madman, like the Manson Family. Who all went to prison for those fucking murders, because being a crazy violent shithead isn't actually a legal defense.

I'm hoping literally every insurrectionist who set foot inside the Capitol Building on the 6th is facing 5+ years in prison for their bullshit. They could maybe plea that down to 2 or so if they come forward and can finger some other rioters for prosecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They could maybe plea that down to 2 or so if they come forward and can finger some other rioters for prosecution.
    Which will get real funny when the FBI is like "Okay, that's great...but do you have anything that we already don't have video evidence of?"

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I have trouble disagreeing with you here. The GOP is already going hard-core after the 10 GOP House Reps that voted to Impeach. And we've already seen the tactic the GOP will take in the trial - "not appropriate now that Trump is out of office", which gives them all an "out". It would take a major movement to get those moral cowards to do the right thing.

Three items to consider:
    1. McConnell isn't taking a "don't vote against it stance" - which is telling.
    2. Several GOP Senators want to be President. Trump still being eligible to run in 2024 makes that possibility complicated. Conviction and subsequent vote remove him from further eligibility.
    3. Senators were forced out of their office by Terrorist Violence - Insurrectionists. If there is enough objective evidence that Trump literally ordered this, it might turn the tide.
    The only factor that might turn the tide is number 2 but that means they would lose the base they need to run for president in 2024. This is a forgone conclusion Trump will not be banned from holding future office, the only hope left is that he gets buried under the mountains of lawsuits and isn't able to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    You don't care about the dead, you don't even know their names. There are no T-shirts of their faces, their names are not uttered on CNN, Fox and the like. As if they never existed.
    Because no one actually cares about people dying.

Yet because it took place in a state institution, now its labelled a rebellion, insurrection. Ha.

There was no coherent idea behind it, events spiralled out of control - largely the fault of local police officers. And that's the thing - if authority gives in, someone will take advantage of it. And they did, as they should have.
    The real outrage here comes from the people that are frustrated that ''their lads'' aren't able to do this or rather, they are incapable of even daring something like that.
    Well I think it's awesome you have no shame being that wrong.

First, we know the name of the security that died due to them, as for the obvious terrorists I don't care to know their names, like that woman that thought it would be fun to find out if bullets hurt or that guy that tazed his balls. I don't care, they chose to be dumb and they found out they got a stupid prize when they played a stupid game.

To say there was no coherent idea behind it is so unbelievably stupid and false I don't know where to start, but I'll try. Trump wasn't moved to a secure location, which they tend to do in moments like this, like earlier last summer when something less violent happened down the street and he hid in a bunker like a little bitch. Then you have congressmen giving tours of the building and one giving updates on twitter to them. We've seen money moved for this very thing. We also know Trump damn near tried to sacrifice Pence to them as a sort of martyr.

Then you have the many different stupid things many of them said while recording themselves or being recorded. "Pence's head on a pike", "revolution", "kill them all", etc etc. If you believe that all of that together doesn't equate to something like a coup then I can only question how public school got so bad.

- - - Updated - - -

No, those who killed people should be charged. But that was a consequence of a far larger failure.
    Yes, of Trump being elected.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

You don't care about the dead, you don't even know their names. There are no T-shirts of their faces, their names are not uttered on CNN, Fox and the like. As if they never existed.
    Because no one actually cares about people dying.
    Don't project your white Christian pathology onto the rest of us.

There was no coherent idea behind it, events spiralled out of control - largely the fault of local police officers. And that's the thing - if authority gives in, someone will take advantage of it. And they did, as they should have.
    The real outrage here comes from the people that are frustrated that ''their lads'' aren't able to do this or rather, they are incapable of even daring something like that.
    Well, of course the left couldn't do this, they don't have billionaires, cops, and senators working with them.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Don't project your white Christian pathology onto the rest of us.
    Religion wasn't mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Religion wasn't mentioned.
    Your point being?

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't care about the dead, you don't even know their names.
    Officer Sicknick? Why don’t you search this forum and see how often we mentioned his name.

The cop that lead terrorist trying to kill congressman and the VP, down the opposite hallway... risking his own life against a sea of these terrorist... Has been promoted to the top and walked out with Joe Biden as he set prominently near Biden, the whole inauguration. His name is officer Goodman. Also an easy to remember name...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Your point being?
    You're the only one that mentioned "Christian."

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You're the only one that mentioned "Christian."

Why?
    Because it sure as hell isn’t Rastafarians who are claiming death doesn’t matter.

Because it sure as hell isn’t Rastafarians who are claiming death doesn’t matter.
    Just stop projecting already. (Most libertarians don't think deaths matter either...big business over people...so put them on your hate list too. Or are they too atheistic for you?)

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-...ovement-2021-1

Damn man, Tucker Carlson is still comin out swinging in defense of white supremacists and violent right wing conspiracy theorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-...ovement-2021-1

Damn man, Tucker Carlson is still comin out swinging in defense of white supremacists and violent right wing conspiracy theorists.
    That's who pays his bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's who pays his bills.
    I imagine with their Q viewers moving to OAN/Newsmax that they're thrilled their "entertainment hosts" are still around to try to keep that contingent watching.

I imagine with their Q viewers moving to OAN/Newsmax that they're thrilled their "entertainment hosts" are still around to try to keep that contingent watching.
    Fox knows that their viewers will come back. OANN and Newsmax are a complete shitshow, and it's bad production, overall. Fox will continue to push harder to pander to them. A line you will see a great deal, is that even though the Qanon conspiracies were incorrect, all of it came from a place of genuine patriotism and love for their country. They will sell the lie that those people "meant well," and the Qanon fucktards will gobble it all up.

You will undoubtedly see all the Qanon people swear that they never believed Qanon, but recognize those people for the patriots we all know them to be. That will be the retcon.

If you go to Fox's site, you can see a huge shift in how they are presenting the news, as compared to even a couple weeks ago. They are pushing the full-court press.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...96e_story.html

The commander of the D.C. National Guard said the Pentagon restricted his authority ahead of the riot at the U.S. Capitol, requiring higher level sign-off to respond that cost time as the events that day spiraled out of control.

Local commanders typically have the power to take military action on their own to save lives or prevent significant property damage in an urgent situation when there isn’t enough time to obtain approval from headquarters.

But Maj. Gen. William J. Walker, the commanding general of the District of Columbia National Guard, said the Pentagon essentially took that power and other authorities away from him ahead of a pro-Trump protest on Jan. 6. That meant he couldn’t immediately roll out troops when he received a panicked phone call from the Capitol Police chief warning that rioters were about to enter the U.S. Capitol.

“All military commanders normally have immediate response authority to protect property, life, and in my case, federal functions — federal property and life,” Walker said in an interview. “But in this instance I did not have that authority.”

Walker and former Army secretary Ryan D. McCarthy are set to brief the House Appropriations Committee on Tuesday behind closed doors about the events, the beginning of what is likely to become a robust congressional inquiry into the preparations for a rally that devolved into a riot at the Capitol, leaving five people dead and representing a significant security failure.
    So who gave the order? That'll be an interesting question.

- - - Updated - - -

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...g-operation-to

And add the Oregon Republican Party to the list of pro-insurrectionist conspiracy theory lunatics.

Apparently the Capitol riot was a "false flag", and they took important time to condemn the 10 Republican Reps, none of whom were from Oregon, for voting to impeach.

You love to see a major political party that's already fast going down the drain of right wing extremism and conspiracy theories kick things into ludicrous speed over the span of a single presidency.

- - - Updated - - -

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...g-operation-to

And add the Oregon Republican Party to the list of pro-insurrectionist conspiracy theory lunatics.

Apparently the Capitol riot was a "false flag", and they took important time to condemn the 10 Republican Reps, none of whom were from Oregon, for voting to impeach.

You love to see a major political party that's already fast going down the drain of right wing extremism and conspiracy theories kick things into ludicrous speed over the span of a single presidency.
    I did Nazi that one coming at all.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

The commander of the D.C. National Guard said the Pentagon restricted his authority ahead of the riot at the U.S. Capitol, requiring higher level sign-off to respond that cost time as the events that day spiraled out of control.

Local commanders typically have the power to take military action on their own to save lives or prevent significant property damage in an urgent situation when there isn’t enough time to obtain approval from headquarters.

But Maj. Gen. William J. Walker, the commanding general of the District of Columbia National Guard, said the Pentagon essentially took that power and other authorities away from him ahead of a pro-Trump protest on Jan. 6. That meant he couldn’t immediately roll out troops when he received a panicked phone call from the Capitol Police chief warning that rioters were about to enter the U.S. Capitol.

“All military commanders normally have immediate response authority to protect property, life, and in my case, federal functions — federal property and life,” Walker said in an interview. “But in this instance I did not have that authority.”

Walker and former Army secretary Ryan D. McCarthy are set to brief the House Appropriations Committee on Tuesday behind closed doors about the events, the beginning of what is likely to become a robust congressional inquiry into the preparations for a rally that devolved into a riot at the Capitol, leaving five people dead and representing a significant security failure.
    VERY good question. I'm sure now that the Democrats are in charge of the agenda, we'll see some truth.

And does everyone remember Trump putting in all those political cronies at the last minute, after he lost the election? I wonder why he did that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I did Nazi that one coming at all.
    10am my time and someone already wins the internet for today.

Well done, sir.