Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    World of Warcraft Official Strategy Guide, pg. 28

A deep dive into Bastion, the Shadowlands realm of selflessness and greater purpose

Lore.

I, already, posted about the Deep Sea Murloc, Naaru, Val'kyr, Dread raven, Human & Tauren (battleground spirit guides) and Bwonsamdi Spirit Healers, in that other thread, about the winter queen origins, in which you agreed they were game mechanics, not lore.
    No, i didn't agree. I specificially disagreed with that.

And the WoW Strategy guide is horribly outdated and primarily deals with mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, i didn't agree. I specificially disagreed with that.

And the WoW Strategy guide is horribly outdated and primarily deals with mechanics.
    It makes them a replacement for the Spirit Healers you normally encounter. They aren't themselves Spirit Healers. Quite a few of them don't even work the same way and just resurrect you, no questions asked.
    I did answer your question. They're not Spirit Healers and aren't meant to be Spirit Healers. They're not called Spirit Healers, either. They fill a similar game mechanical purpose, but they wouldn't impact Kyrian lore either way.
    Lying, as usual.

You still have "A deep dive into Bastion, the Shadowlands realm of selflessness and greater purpose" - which, clearly, states that " If they aren't ready, the Watchers return them to life."

Lying, as usual.
    You are, you mean? Because those don't support your claim. I didn't say they are game mechanics - i said they fill a similar game mechanical purpose. I also didn't agree they're not lore. I said they're not Spirit Healers. In fact, they fill the lore purpose of showing that Spirit Healers aren't the only ones to return people to life, and some of those other beings are far more willing to do so than the Watchers.

Meanwhile the Bastion quest teaching you how Watchers make their decision shows that returning somebody to life is the exception. Most are either ferried to the Shadowlands or declared as outside the Kyrian's responsibility.

You are, you mean? Because those don't support your claim. I didn't say they are game mechanics - i said they fill a similar game mechanical purpose. I also didn't agree they're not lore. I said they're not Spirit Healers. In fact, they fill the lore purpose of showing that Spirit Healers aren't the only ones to return people to life, and some of those other beings are far more willing to do so than the Watchers.

Meanwhile the Bastion quest teaching you how Watchers make their decision shows that returning somebody to life is the exception. Most are either ferried to the Shadowlands or declared as outside the Kyrian's responsibility.
    Funny how they are listed as Alternate NPCs to spirit healers. I guess Deep Sea Murlocs and Dread Ravens have some serious resurrection powers in lore -_-

It doesn't matter how often they do that.
    Last edited by Unbelievable; 2021-01-05 at 07:33 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kyrians cant get in the real world, like the Val'kyr, who walk both. With that only you could say they are not equal.

Valkyr are inspired by the kyrians, I think that was the new lore.

Spirit healers can be both it seems.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothal View Post
    Basically answered here:

Before the lore said: Spirit Healers ≈ Val'kyr

New lore says Spirit Healers = Kyrian but also that Val'kyr ≈ Kyrian so in the end Spirit Healers ≈ Kyrian is still valid
    No it didn't. It said some valkyr went to the Shadowlands and helped bring souls back to life.

It didn't say "Spirit Healers are Kyrian." That's jumping to a conclusion that is at best implied.

You can just as easily say that some Val'kyr went to Bastion, became proper Kyrian, then became Spirit Healers.

Funny how they are listed as Alternate NPCs to spirit healers. I guess Deep Sea Murlocs and Dread Ravens have some serious resurrection powers in lore -_-

It doesn't matter how often they do that.
    Given that the latter are directly related to a god, it isn't that far-fetched.

And of course it matters. Something you only do rarely isn't your primary job by definition.

Given that the latter are directly related to a god, it isn't that far-fetched.

And of course it matters. Something you only do rarely isn't your primary job by definition.
    Anzu has resurrection capabilities, and he passed them on to the Dread Ravens?

When you are the only one in lore to do so, then yes, it doesn't, really, matter.

When you are the only one in lore to do so, then yes, it doesn't, really, matter.
    No, it doesn't matter how many can do it. What matters is whether it is a common occurance. Something you only do rarely is not your primary job in any situation.

And we have other beings in lore that do it, so its a meaningless interjection anyway.

No, it doesn't matter how many can do it. What matters is whether it is a common occurance. Something you only do rarely is not your primary job in any situation.

And we have other beings in lore that do it, so its a meaningless interjection anyway.
    It is part of your job. Whether souls are, rarely, deemed worthy of being sent to the living world is non-relevant. If i work at bank loans but, rarely approve loans, it isn't my primary job anymore?

and, please, do list those beings.
    Last edited by Unbelievable; 2021-01-06 at 09:19 AM.

Spirit Healers are Kyrians who are stationed in the Veil, the Veil being that space between the physical universe and the shadowlands. It's when we die and we're running back to our bodies.

From what I gathered from that quest, a Spirit Healer(Kyrian) is in a place, when someone dies in that place and their soul is there, the Spirit Healer will then call for an ascended to come and ferry the soul to the Arbiter. They basically are to sit in a spot, take note and determine when to call an uber for a soul. Sometimes they also can decide if a person isn't ready to die yet, however they also aren't suppose to change one's fate(Blizzard shit writing).

So from what we see in Bastion isn't even close to all the Kyrians. Obviously in game scaling isn't accurate, but there has to by Kyrians all over the universe, all over where ever there are souls.

If anyone has watched Bleach, it kinda reminds me of how there's soul reapers stationed all over the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post

seeing as how val'KYR are also Kyrian, it remains the same thing
    Odin's Val'KYR are living female vRYKul who have been "ascended" in a similar fashion as the dead souls that become Kyrian, that then become ascended. It's similar, but not exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrium View Post
    Coming into SL i thought they would be kyrians or something? are they? or are they something else entirely.
    If you do the Kyrian campaign, earlier on you do a quest where you become an ordinary farmer and you go through the process of death, judgement etc. the spirit healer and you then both 'process' his soul.

There is also another Kyrian WQ where you practice choosing who returns to life and who gets accepted into the afterlife.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.