Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    So you are entitled for raid tier sets "because it has always been like this". Talk about Entitlement.
    So you are basically a traditionalist, you don't want any change, even for the better. That's a pretty bad view on things in general.
    You're the one who made a topic to whine about quitting if you don't get your way (tier sets in M+) and yet somehow I'm the entitled one?

Lol.

And you know, there's nothing wrong with suggesting tier sets be made available from other sources - but doing the tried-and-true 'imma quit if i don't get what I want' is trademark Entitled Angry Gamer™. Its a cliché and an embarrassment to the hobby.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2021-01-05 at 06:43 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    No because I'm not a giant baby

tier sets will be something like legendary powers that you need to collect and apply the powers to your gear for set bonuses

Mythic plus should be removed from the game. There, fixes everything.

Just have regular dungeons, heroics that are actually somewhat challenging and have raiding on top of that. As it should be.

As a M+ player, I was thrilled to see the removal of Tier-Sets in BFA, however, Ion has said in an Interview that Tier-Sets will return in a later patch of SL. He hasn't specified if they will be raid exclusive but I still remember back in Legion that Raid-Sets were so OP in m+ you had to farm them, even if it was just the normal raid version.

I hope they will make a M+ version of sets this time, otherwise I see very dark times ahead for their player-base if everyone is forced to raid to be competitive in M+.

Please be civil about this topic, respect the opinion of others.
    Lol, no. Raiding should grant the best quality gear because of the scale of logistics and organization.

M+ is obscenely easy to gear with.

You can fail 5 level 10 keys, and still get a lot more loot than you would wiping on a progression boss.

"Dark times" is unnecessary hyperbole, but then taking joy in the loss of others seems mean spirited.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You're the one who made a topic to whine about quitting if you don't get your way (tier sets in M+) and yet somehow I'm the entitled one?

Lol.

And you know, there's nothing wrong with suggesting tier sets be made available from other sources - but doing the tried-and-true 'imma quit if i don't get what I want' is trademark Entitled Angry Gamer™. Its a cliché and an embarrassment to the hobby.
    Wrong, I have asked if others will quit, I have not stated or implied that I will quit. I have predicted that playerbase will shrink and that's about it. Nice reading there buddy. You have also ignored my advice to be civil and respectful, not surprised tho.

You are not the only one that assume I will personally quit, so at least you are not alone in your assessment, even though it doesn't make it any better.

No, as a almost exclusive arena player i miss going to the raid to collect my tier set. If they readd them im gonna be so excited. The tier sets have added so much flavour over the years.

If anyone is going to quit then they should just do it now

It’s ok if raiders have to pvp or do m+ to get an OP weapon but the moment sets return “dark days ahead”

depends on what the set bonuses are tbh, if they're the generic "X-ability does X-amount of damage/lasts for 5 seconds longer" then maybe? i dunno XD.
    The last lot of raid tier set bonuses had pretty much been "meh" hell even when you look at the covenant set bonuses it's equivalent to that of the old T0/0.5 set. so maybe that small break had gotten their creative juices flowing or something =)

Quote Originally Posted by Xjan View Post
    Lol, no. Raiding should grant the best quality gear because of the scale of logistics and organization.

M+ is obscenely easy to gear with.

You can fail 5 level 10 keys, and still get a lot more loot than you would wiping on a progression boss.

"Dark times" is unnecessary hyperbole, but then taking joy in the loss of others seems mean spirited.
    You have to be kidding. A +10 key rewards 203* ilvl loot. Normal bosses can be stream rolled and I would argue are even easier than a +7 key. Most of the monkeys in my guild struggle to get a +8 or +9 key done for the week and yet have cleared most of heroic. And if it's your key then double that number if you burn it each time its a 10. Also no. My record is going 7 keys TIMED meaning 2 items dropped from each key with 0 loot.

As of right now in terms of reward for time spent your best bet is to login and do 4 keys at most then expect 0 loot in the 10-12 range. I'm getting 14-15's done for the 226 but the end of dungeon rewards do not feel rewarding not 1 bit. Every 14/15 I have done feels harder than any boss in heroic by a mile and yet drops lower item level loot and I'm going 3..4..5 keys with no drops.
    Last edited by avx81; 2021-01-07 at 10:43 PM.

Something exclusive to the hardest content in the game? That won't really even affect you? Oh no, say it isn't so. Evidently, everyone here is a M+ invitational player who needs a tier set. They could just make tier sets for M+ if they really wanted. Alternatively, no one would really miss you!
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Honestly, I'd probably prefer tier sets just be cosmetic only. I like being able to get gear from multiple different sources and mix and match my gear. I.e. some pieces of my gear from PVP, some pieces from mythic+, and some from raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Something exclusive to the hardest content in the game? That won't really even affect you? Oh no, say it isn't so. Evidently, everyone here is a M+ invitational player who needs a tier set. They could just make tier sets for M+ if they really wanted. Alternatively, no one would really miss you!
    Extremely questionable. Are you saying normal is harder than a +15? Heroic is not even anywhere close to the difficulty of doing a +15 right now. Some of these bosses especially on tyrannical are just a brick wall with how they are tuned. This is with people that are parsing purple/legendary in the raid and steamrolling heroic. Are we saying the first few bosses of mythic are really that hard? Casual heroic guilds are about ready to start the first few on mythic. Then your casual guilds will get their 1-3 kills + free mythic raid loot in their chest for the first free boss of every raid tier.

Maybe if tier sets only dropped from mythic and only dropped from the last 4 bosses of the raid tier then maybe you might have an argument. Otherwise trying to argue normal which will likely drop tier gear is harder than a +15 is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Honestly, I'd probably prefer tier sets just be cosmetic only. I like being able to get gear from multiple different sources and mix and match my gear. I.e. some pieces of my gear from PVP, some pieces from mythic+, and some from raiding.
    That would be their best bet.
    Last edited by avx81; 2021-01-07 at 11:03 PM.

Raiding lacks something without tier sets. And it is one reason I didn't touch a single raid in BFA.

As a M+ player, I was thrilled to see the removal of Tier-Sets in BFA,
    You was thrilled for removal of something you've never had and that has nothing to do with you at all as M+ player? What kind of logic is that? If you enjoy it that much, maybe you can go search in google for other random people losing something and get your sick thrill there instead?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    Raiding lacks something without tier sets. And it is one reason I didn't touch a single raid in BFA.
    Some of the best Azerite gear and trinkets by a mile came from the raid. So strong that they were still used 1-2 tiers later and cosmetics you could only get from the raid. Most of the top key pushers were using azerite and trinkets from the raid. There was raid specific traits that were very powerful and in a lot of cases had your BiS loadout.

Quote Originally Posted by avx81 View Post
    You have to be kidding // Most of the monkeys in my guild struggle to get a +8 or +9 key done for the week and yet have cleared most of heroic.
    Do we need to talk about the diluting of responsibility and statistical smoothing of a raid team?

I said: "M+ is easy to gear with."

Bad luck is unfortunate, usually a localized issue, and does not make my statement untrue.

Yes, M7+ can be more challenging than raid encounters, but in the same way that endless proving grounds are, it's a numerical difficulty, the skill issues are handled at the 7-10 keys.

That doesn't negate the logistics of building, organizing, controlling and sustaining a raid team. Which again, in case you missed it, the biggest issue for raiding.

I can likely get into a keystone group within 10 minutes, and even at a 50% chance of failing it, there's still a piece that drops, and hey the Vault gets a bump. If I repeat this 4 times, boom two items. This is all, on-demand - no schedules needed.

What happens if we fail to kill a boss?

There are lots of ways to gear. Find one that suits your needs. It's ok to play the game folks.

This thread, and the dozens like it coming from new PvE/M+ players is a very interesting trend. Twilight Devastation withdrawals maybe.

The narrative that they've been pushed out of competitiveness because they don't raid.

This thread's particular idiocy revolves around their joy at the removal at one of the arguably most iconic elements of Warcraft and RPGs in general.

Should 2s arena get the same reward as an RBG?

Alliance

We don't need tier sets. We need consistently interesting and engaging effects on trinkets and weapons.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Most likely not. I didn't quit then and probably wont quit now.

Tier bonuses added a nice bonus throughout the expansion with multiple tiers... with it gone, gear was just boring being flat stat sticks...