Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Torghast's Twisting Corridors Now Available

Torghast's Twisting Corridors Now Available
    Torghast's Twisting Corridors are now available in NA. Clearing Layer 8 of the Twisting Corridors will reward you with the mount Corridor Creeper which is usable in the Maw.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The ever-changing halls of Torghast, Tower of the Damned now reveal a new passageway through the cursed otherworldly prison—the Twisting Corridors. Within the Twisting Corridors, you’ll face the Jailer’s cruelest henchmen and, should you ascend within, you will be rewarded with special cosmetic rewards including a mount that can be ridden inside the Maw.

To begin your saga within the Twisting Corridors, you must complete the quest “Signs of the Lion,” offered by Bolvar Fordragon in Oribos as the culmination of your search through Torghast for Azeroth’s leaders. Once you’ve proven yourself worthy, you must survive 18 floors teeming with brutal enemies to reap the precious rewards within. This is no easy feat; success will come to those armed to the teeth, capable of using every ability at their disposal, and wisely selecting their Anima Powers to dispatch the terrors within. Successfully completing a key Layer will grant you an achievement along with a reward worthy of the most powerful adventurers.

Rewards

Layer 2 | Death Seeker – Battle pet
    What horrors these eyes have seen in the tower of Torghast, with their unsleeping, unblinking gaze.

Layer 4 | Helm of the Dominated – Toy
    The helm of the mawsworn, still seeping with the Jailer’s dominating energies.

Layer 6 | Title: Spirestalker

Layer 8 | Corridor Creeper – Mount
    The loyal hounds of the Jailer creep along the corridors in search of the scent of souls.

Do not expect to find Soul Ash in these halls—the Jailer will do everything in his power to prevent you from becoming a threat. Treasure-seekers should also note that these plunders are for you and you alone, rewards from Twisting Corridor achievements can only be earned once.

Go forth Maw Walker—glory and valuables await!
    Last edited by Lumy; 2021-01-05 at 07:20 PM.

Does this scale the same way the other floors do? I'm curious if I'll need a group from Floor 6~8 or if grouping from floor 7~8 is the better idea. I'm really not looking to hit the last floor and realize I should have brought people lol.
    Last edited by chorx; 2021-01-05 at 06:39 PM.

So... that's it?

The great cosmetic playground of our time, Mage Tower 2.0, unlimited possibilities due to no connection to player power... and all we get is.... this?

Can't wait for Torghast to actually be... anything, like, fucking at all, in 9.1. Or even better, be forsaken like Islands and Warfronts if they can't come up with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    So... that's it?

The great cosmetic playground of our time, Mage Tower 2.0, unlimited possibilities due to no connection to player power... and all we get is.... this?

Can't wait for Torghast to actually be... anything, like, fucking at all, in 9.1. Or even better, be forsaken like Islands and Warfronts if they can't come up with anything.
    At least it will be do it once and that's it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    Does this scale the same way the other floors do? I'm curious if I'll need a group from Floor 6~8 or if grouping from floor 1~8 is the better idea. I'm really not looking to hit the last floor and realize I should have brought people lol.
    I just went and did all 17 floors with just me a brewmaster tank and an affliction lock. We had no issues until last boss on the 18th floor. He had 5.6 million health and hit for 89k per hit every couple seconds. So yea, bring a group if you don't want hours of wasted time

Meh, I'll just play Hades.

So... that's it?

Why are people on MMO-Champion always so negative? It's all whining and whining and whining.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Warlock pet power that adds damage and health per floor should be interesting if you manage to get to the higher floors.

I mean, i like Torghast as a gameplay feature, but there is very little incentive to do it more than once (a week for soul ash) and these one time rewards likely won't make me run it multiple times aswell.
    Quite the opposite of Islands, where the feature was boring af, but almost too many rewards for how little they differed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    I just went and did all 17 floors with just me a brewmaster tank and an affliction lock. We had no issues until last boss on the 18th floor. He had 5.6 million health and hit for 89k per hit every couple seconds. So yea, bring a group if you don't want hours of wasted time
    This is exactly what I loathe about torghast. The potential for sinking HOURS with no indication there will be a numbers wall until the very last minute.

not seeing anything about how many floors there are per layer...or am i missing something

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Torghast should at least reward anima throughout it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Why are people on MMO-Champion always so negative? It's all whining and whining and whining.
    Why do people like you always have to comment on and judge other people's opinions? You people constantly bitching about other people's bitching is way more annoying than the buttload of people bitching about absolutely everything.

Why do people like you always have to comment on and judge other people's opinions? You people constantly bitching about other people's bitching is way more annoying than the buttload of people bitching about absolutely everything.
    Ask yourself, you just did exactly what you are posting about.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    not seeing anything about how many floors there are per layer...or am i missing something
    It's not super clear in their post. Each layer is an 18 floor run.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll pass, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    It's not super clear in their post. Each layer is an 18 floor run.
    Can you just do layer 8 and get all the rewards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Packness View Post
    Ask yourself, you just did exactly what you are posting about.
    Which is exactly what the dude before me was bitching about.

18 floors at layer 1 took way longer than I can do in one sitting, there is no way I'm going to get any progress on this thing unless you can do save points at each 6th floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Can you just do layer 8 and get all the rewards?
    I would assume you have to proceed through each layer first, just like with "normal" torghast. Then once you have cleared a layer, you can skip it on future runs.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.