Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

The Great Vault is rubbish.

So I was open minded about the Great Vault being an interesting addition to the end of week rewards. It sounded like an interesting evolution to the weekly chest.

But now, 2 weeks running I’m thinking it’s either broken or just complete garbage.

2 weeks running, I’ve had 6 unlocks in the vault for 6 choices, and of those 6, 5 are just an ilvl upgrade of something I’m wearing that I want to replace, and 1 is some other piece of rando gear.

With having 12 choices the last 2 weeks, I think I’d have been lucky to have gotten 1 piece of gear with haste. But no, it’s all the same crappy crit gear I’m trying to replace with haste gear.

Anyone else noticing extraordinarily bad “luck” when it comes to the vault choices? What are the odd of it offering me 5 choices of the exact item I’ve already equipped if the selections were completely random?

9/10 times a higher ilvl is an upgrade even with shitty secondary stats. Sucks you arent getting great pieces but any item you get there will be replaced anyway unless it's a 226/233.

Last week was a really badly itemized shoulders but was still happy to get it because it was an ilvl upgrade. Until I'm consistently doing +14s, I treat this gear as a stepping stone.

Still better than the chest used to be

Nope, I've only unlocked 3 per week and gotten clear stat improvements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

What annoys me is that I keep getting basically only rings and cloaks... it's like BFA's chest-of-disappointment all over again but you get taunted 5-6 times instead of 1.

Believe me or not but last week I took a ring from the chest, this week I took the exact same damn ring (due to higher ilev) and everything else was trash. You can place your bets on what I will get tomorrow..........

Every single week I've gotten at least one solid upgrade. Maybe you should tone down your expectation of "item must have perfect BiS stats" and just look for upgrades over what you have instead? Usually higher primary stat outweighs the difference in secondary stat weighting. This week i effectively had the choice between 220 weapon and 220 belt with socket. I chose the belt. Know why? My current belt is 184 with bad stats so it was a solid upgrade. I already have a 216 weapon so the upgrade would be barely noticeable. Worry about BiS later on in the tier once you get your gear rounded out.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-01-05 at 07:21 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Great Vault is perfectly fine.
    It's a far cry better than just getting some random piece auto-assigned to you in a chest each week.
    Sucks about your luck, but the Vault wasn't made to aim for a specific item, but rather give you some agency to make a better choice.

I haven't had a week yet where I didn't find something that was an upgrade.

Hard disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by LDancer View Post
    So I was open minded about the Great Vault being an interesting addition to the end of week rewards. It sounded like an interesting evolution to the weekly chest.

But now, 2 weeks running I’m thinking it’s either broken or just complete garbage.

2 weeks running, I’ve had 6 unlocks in the vault for 6 choices, and of those 6, 5 are just an ilvl upgrade of something I’m wearing that I want to replace, and 1 is some other piece of rando gear.

With having 12 choices the last 2 weeks, I think I’d have been lucky to have gotten 1 piece of gear with haste. But no, it’s all the same crappy crit gear I’m trying to replace with haste gear.

Anyone else noticing extraordinarily bad “luck” when it comes to the vault choices? What are the odd of it offering me 5 choices of the exact item I’ve already equipped if the selections were completely random?
    The PvP choices always offer you PvP gear, so if you're a raider a full row of gear is likely just bad for you.

Sorry that happened, I've found the vault to be incredibly rewarding.

Weapons, trinkets and ilvl upgrades.

When they originally said you'll have more options, I thought they were just going to keep the weekly chest as is, but you open it and have 3 options available. Not this shit where you have to grind X things to get the option.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    When they originally said you'll have more options, I thought they were just going to keep the weekly chest as is, but you open it and have 3 options available. Not this shit where you have to grind X things to get the option.
    Ya fuck playing the game. Lemme log in, get epics, log off til next week

Unless you had all 9 options unlocked I don't wanna hear it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    My rng is horrible even unlocking 2-3 of everything I haven’t got any improvements.(3heroic/6norm raid) (1600+ arena)(7-10m)

15+ Year Old Account
    Two weeks gettin bad 213-220 gear, but w/e My luck with legion/bfa boxes werent that high.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Ya fuck playing the game. Lemme log in, get epics, log off til next week
    I don't think you understand. The guy you quoted has the totally reasonable request for the game to not only provide rewards for minimal effort but also provide more rewards for the same amount of effort. Hello?

I don't get your probelm... so you got 5 choices of upgrades... for free!!! buuuuuttt.... you don't like them?
    Cache is fine. AND the amount of coincidence that you got 5!!! pieces of dungeon and raid loot you allready wear, the exact same, is so extraordinaryly unlikly i wonder why you did not put a screenshot up.

The Vault itself is fine. It's a good idea.

What's not fine is that they thought because we have the Vault we can now do with 33.3% less loot drops from stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Nope, I've only unlocked 3 per week and gotten clear stat improvements.
    Opened all three raid ones this week one mythic, two heroic. All three were the same necklace I got last week from the vault. The mythic at least had some avoidance and some better stats.

I really like the vault as-is, even if the choices can be crappy. At least it's a choice and I don't get stuck with some stupid haste gear on my sub rogue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Opened all three raid ones this week one mythic, two heroic. All three were the same necklace I got last week from the vault. The mythic at least had some avoidance and some better stats.
    Wow. That's like rolling 3d100s and getting a total of 3. Good luck next time