Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You know it may be optional but time taken does not equal challenge, just because something takes an hour or more without any change doesn't make it hard it makes it tedious - I made one mistake with the power I picked on the 17 floor and then couldn't complete it due to my own incompetence.

Mage Tower and Visions were better than this in terms of how they played and difficulty.. this just feels RNG.

My issue is one minute your killing mobs let right and center then all of a sudden it take forever to kill trash.. still do it just long and boring.

I think I am just pissed I spent an hour in there to fail before the boss, honestly you are more likely to die to the trash floors than the bosses.

I don't mind if they don't change it but its not a challenge just long and tedious. (probably more salty at the moment)

Cleared layer 6 failed 3 layers now. Failed one layer 6 and 7 run because I didn't get enough HP powers, 40-50k health ain't cutting it with ranged bosses. Failed one layer 7 at the last boss because I didn't get the Convoke spirits dmg buff and the buff that gives priority to more powerful spells. I play moonkin and convoke is basically half the dps you do. All of those runs I got over 90 anima powers, really doesn't make any sense that there are some anima powers that literally never appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Cleared layer 6 failed 3 layers now. Failed one layer 6 and 7 run because I didn't get enough HP powers, 40-50k health ain't cutting it with ranged bosses. Failed one layer 7 at the last boss because I didn't get the Convoke spirits dmg buff and the buff that gives priority to more powerful spells. I play moonkin and convoke is basically half the dps you do. All of those runs I got over 90 anima powers, really doesn't make any sense that there are some anima powers that literally never appear.
    I reset the run if I don't get any of my "mandatory" anima powers on the 1st floor.
    I'd rather spend half an hour to ensure that I can kill the end boss instead of getting reamed on the 18th floor.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    I reset the run if I don't get any of my "mandatory" anima powers on the 1st floor.
    I'd rather spend half an hour to ensure that I can kill the end boss instead of getting reamed on the 18th floor.
    Funny thing is I had similar run on layer 6 (with dps powers) where I ended up getting 2 convoke spirits dmg buffs in the last two floors, one from the vendor and one from the floor. But yeah it kinda sucks the life out of you after you spend 2 hours clearing layer because of suboptimal dps powers and then you just end up short in the last boss.

The ramp-up from Floor 16 to 17 and especially bosses at 17 and 18 is quite steep. Took me 2.5hours on average as well on a Disc priest clearing every corner

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    its an optional challenge mode
    It's not optional.

You need to do it to get the 3 Lion Clues for the campaign quest.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    It's not optional.

You need to do it to get the 3 Lion Clues for the campaign quest.
    you can do the first 6 floors 3 times if you want. That way it becomes just like any other torghast quest.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Sure, each to their own... but stories aren't the game. Gameplay is the game.
    It depends on the genre. FPS are ALL about gameplay.

RPGs are a different story. I’m not saying that ppl have to care the story above all, but indeed the story is a huge part of this type of games.

But this said, my main issue with TG and TC is that you can’t save the progress, it’s a “one shot or start from the beginning again” and I won’t EVER have 2 to 3 hours straight to complete a layer.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-01-09 at 12:25 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    The ramp-up from Floor 16 to 17 and especially bosses at 17 and 18 is quite steep. Took me 2.5hours on average as well on a Disc priest clearing every corner
    I didn't notice any increase in difficulty or startling length increase from 16-18. It took me no longer to do 15 than it did 17. But I was playing drunk...

Finished it all in like 60-70 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    It depends on the genre. FPS are ALL about gameplay.

RPGs are a different story. I’m not saying that ppl have to care the story above all, but indeed the story is a huge part of this type of games.

But this said, my main issue with TG and TC is that you can’t save the progress, it’s a “one shot or start from the beginning again” and I won’t EVER have 2 to 3 hours straight to complete a layer.
    Yeah it needs check points at the broker rest levels. It would be pretty easy to balance it. Reach a broker level, you get saved to it. If you want to continue you can't save again until you reach the next check point, leave it mid way through and you lose it and your remaining attempts should be continuous. No resetting them either.
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-01-09 at 12:28 PM.

It goes faster and is easier as group. Try that. If you get good powers early you dont have to get like 90 powers at floor 18 and 120 souls. And can rush through. Synergy is key, i got a very good build with 40 powers and ended up doing well over 100k dps on last boss as ret pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    I didn't notice any increase in difficulty or startling length increase from 16-18. It took me no longer to do 15 than it did 17. But I was playing drunk...

Finished it all in like 60-70 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it needs check points at the broker rest levels. It would be pretty easy to balance it. Reach a broker level, you get saved to it. If you want to continue you can't save again until you reach the next check point, leave it mid way through and you lose it and your remaining attempts should be continuous. No resetting them either.
    It ramps up quite a bit from layer 5+ I know the feeling getting a few beers in really makes it fly by faster ^_^

What is it with people in these threads always flexing how fast they clear this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I did solo all 8 layers.

I must say, layer difficulty is sort of only felt like first 6 floors. After that you start snowballing hard to the point where layer number itself feels like whatever.

I had legit troubles with layer 7 because for some reason the bloody thing just decided to not drop HP powers almost at all until like floor 14 or some such. Doing higher floors with 50k HP and some 90k HP pet is not amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    What is it with people in these threads always flexing how fast they clear this?
    So people have a frame of reference. Don't get too jealous, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maksymilian View Post
    Twisting Corridors SUX - I completed solo layer 1, didn’t die even once, had still 1400 phantasma (nothing to buy), but it took me 2.5 HOURS.

IS BLIZZARD INSANE?

If I end my work at 16:00, got to home at 17:00, eat and do something, I can start your TWISTING CORRIDORS at 20:00 and maybe - MAYBE - I will finish it at 22:30 and I will can go sleep then.

DON’T YOU HAVE A LIFE?!
    Yes, we already know that they have phones, but what about life?

This is the worst design I have ever seen.
    If I wanted to spend 2.5 hours IN ONE DUNGEON I would be playing WOW CLASSIC not a Shadowlands.

And we can’t even leave Torghast after - let me say - 6th floor, SAVE it (somehow) and finish it later.

No! You have to spend 2.5h with computer beating this boring easy SHIT

And remember - DON’T PEE - becuase in Torghast there are many random effects that can kill you if you will be AFK for 2 minutes.

Hey and what about DISCONNECT on 17th floor?
    Do you imagine that your Internet is offline for 30 minutes, Torghast kicks you out and you have to start it again?

ARE THEY SERIOUS?TWISTING CORRIDORS ARE TOO LONG
    You do realize you can come back and do these optional challenge runs when you're in late expansion gear and do like 3-5 times the dps without any anima powers?

I love Torghast actually. Will be doing my first Twisted run tonight. I am excited for it.

I do wish there were save points though. Real life happens all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I died on Dark Ascendant Corrus as the floor 18 boss on layer 1, rip. I did it as a retri pala with ~200 ilevel (although holy legendary and stuff). She outbursted me. I think I could have done it though, if I hadn't had fatigue from the 2 hours leading to it. ^^"

Funnily, the floors 13-14 were the hardest ones because of the burst. Then I finally got an hp power and just outbursted the normal mobs on the last 2 non-boss floors.

...don't wanna imagine this on any higher layers though. D:

However, I don't think its fun enough to set foot into it again. Except to get the last quest item from floor 6 boss.

Time/fun ratio is just horrible, at least as a solo activity.
    Last edited by Cerilis; 2021-01-09 at 02:51 PM.

Did layers 1 to 6 solo and 6 to 8 with a pug. Was so much more fun with a group, our mage 1 shotted every end of layer boss.
    It takes a while to get to 8 but it feels so good when you complete it and get the mount.

Why people are still feeding this, I...
    Last edited by THEORACLE64; 2021-01-09 at 03:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Took me 4 days to complete all 8 layers, we played with my friend arms warrior and me as vengeDH.
    We failed once on layer 7 on 12th Floor on Synod, so made a group to destroy from the scratch.
    Then miserably died in Coldheart Intertititititizia.

Tried today again and Maw of the Maw is the worst kind of Ooze we've ever seen.

But overall all those 144 floors were really fun to play.

I just wish Blizzard add more cosmetic and fun stuff tied to Torghast. Thats the content I like.
    (I jusst love roguelike genre i guess thats the reason).
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon