Poll: Should Congress Impeach Trump Again?

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I love Yahoo's framing of that story: Him noting that it was Congress's role to determine impeachment suddenly becomes him "refusing to endorse impeachment."

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I make the same accusation.

Unfortunately I have to leave my pc, but once I come back I expect a list of all the nazis you've identified in your last 15 nazi spotting posts and the corresponding list of evidence.

Once I come back, I will do the same, but if you fail to provide me with such list I'll take that as your admission of lying.
    Thanks for admitting you were lying.

I've already provided my evidence in this, thread, enjoy!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I agree, do you think we should employ the same subjective umbrella he uses or be a little bit more factual about it?

It's always good to have a little tact though
    Well yes I'll agree with you here there is a huge difference between calling someone Nazi or anything it not being true and getting a rise out of people, and calling someone a Nazi because it's part of the conversation and key point concerning perspective on the issue being discussed.

Granted it could be a bullshit dishonest gray area and there is a certain level if it isn't true who cares, however if someone again is espousing points and arguments specifically related to That distinction being made IMO, I think it's valid.

I think to some extent it's going to come down to evidence of experience and ones behavior. Because as I said, if it's simply for the purpose of saying it for no reason other than to spam the shit out of it say we are talking about your favorite Ice Cream as a clear stark example, then no nobody should be throwing around a label as a epithet.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    well, if Trump is impeached, he can no longer run for a federal office as i understand. So there's that.
    The Senate has to make that part of the punishment. Not a guaranteed part of it. I can't see them not adding that part.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Fridaydefended growing calls among lawmakers to impeach President Trump with less than two weeks until President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration, calling Wednesday's pro-Trump riots on the Capitol "an insurrection against the U.S. government."

"Some people ask: Why would you impeach and convict a president who has only a few days left in office?" the former Democratic presidential candidate tweeted. "The answer: Precedent."

The senator added, "It must be made clear that no president, now or in the future, can lead an insurrection against the U.S. government."

Yes, of course. He is a criminal. Inspired sedition and insurrection against the lawful will of the people and the constitution he took an oath for.

We literally have him on tape. It is completely stupid to think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I love Yahoo's framing of that story: Him noting that it was Congress's role to determine impeachment suddenly becomes him "refusing to endorse impeachment."
    Yeah it's is definitely a bad take. not just refusing, but "repeatedly refusing." But see biden is boring, unlike trump, so they gotta sensationalize this shit, or people won't click this stuff anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I agree, do you think we should employ the same subjective umbrella he uses or be a little bit more factual about it?

It's always good to have a little tact though
    Is it similar to the subjective umbrella you use to accuse SJWs?

Also, why are sad clowns so hung up on small umbrellas?
    Government Affiliated Snark

15+ Year Old Account
    Impeach the MF, invoke the 25th, I don't care, just ensure that he can't send out a large wave of pardons for himself and his family. Make it impossible for Trump's family to escape their comeuppance. Come February, they all better be facing state and federal charges for everything they've done. Money laundering, sedition, insurrection, campaign finance violation, EVERYTHING.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Twitter did something I never thought it'd do- educate me.

https://twitter.com/BenCostiloe/stat...57291819061250

For those wondering if it’s worth impeaching him this time, it means he:
    1) loses his 200k+ pension for the rest of his life
    2) loses his 1 million dollar/year travel allowance
    3) loses lifetime full secret service detail
    4) loses his ability to run in 2024
    Yeah I'm full on Impeach now. The idea of my taxes paying for that sack of cancer makes my blood boil.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Twitter did something I never thought it'd do- educate me.
    https://twitter.com/BenCostiloe/stat...57291819061250
    Yeah I'm full on Impeach now. The idea of my taxes paying for that sack of cancer makes my blood boil.
    It educated you wrongly. The only possible consequence for impeachment after he leaves office would be a prohibition on running again, if the Senate chooses to apply it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Article I, Section 3, Clause 7
    Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States

When it comes to consequences for the damage done to the US by lying about the election and inciting insurrection, impeachment and removal is extremely mild. What we really should be talking about is the 10-20 year sentence for inciting insurrection or seditious conspiracy. There should be no holding back on consequences for the people involved so that anyone who even thinks about doing this in the future will have the head of Donald J. Trump on a pike to remind them what a bad idea it is.

America has gotten extremely lucky to be honest. Put a more capable and more brazen 40 year old fascist in Trumps position and American democracy may well have been over by now.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    It educated you wrongly. The only possible consequence for impeachment after he leaves office would be a prohibition on running again, if the Senate chooses to apply it:
    What does office of honor, trust or profit mean? I'm guessing that would include benefits he derives from being the former potus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I'm pretty sure NY's district attorney is salivating right about now.

If anything, it’s in the interest of the GOP that he NOT run again after this week. They should be more eager for this than anyone else. That’ll clear the path for their other candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    What does office of honor, trust or profit mean? I'm guessing that would include benefits he derives from being the former potus.
    Basically just covers any different type of office one could possibly hold. It means that even if the office is purely an honorary one, and there are no duties or salary associated with it, he can't hold it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm pretty sure NY's district attorney is salivating right about now.
    I like where your head is at.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    So McConnell just sent out the procedures for a Senate trial if Trump is again impeached by the house... and well, this is why I think the exercise is pointless. According to the timeline laid out, the Senate would most likely recieve the formal notification of the impeachment of the President on the 19th of January, and according to Senate Impeachment rules, would not be taken up until 1 pm the following day, which is the twentieth. Given that Joe Biden will be President an hour before that, that makes Trump no longer president when a Senate Trial begins.

Now McConnell does note that it could be considered earlier, but only given the unanimous consent of all 100 senators to conduct business out of normal session. Which is... not likely.

So I fail to see what this little excercise in pointlessness actually accomplishes, if the Senate cannot remove Trump from office, because he will not be in office by the time they start the trial. For the record, McConnell isn't slow walking this at all, this is the earliest he could possibly act on it (Not doubting that he wouldn't slow walk it if he had too, but he doesn't need to do so here). I believe the Senate could still convict Trump after he is removed from office, but the only result of that would be disqualification from further office. Which might be worth doing if it had a chance of passing, but it doesn't.

Basically just covers any different type of office one could possibly hold. It means that even if the office is purely an honorary one, and there are no duties or salary associated with it, he can't hold it.
    So like the honorary position of former potus that entitles him to a pension. For clarification, see the Former Presidents Act especially (f)(2).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    So McConnell just sent out the procedures for a Senate trial if Trump is again impeached by the house... and well, this is why I think the exercise is pointless. According to the timeline laid out, the Senate would most likely recieve the formal notification of the impeachment of the President on the 19th of January, and according to Senate Impeachment rules, would not be taken up until 1 pm the following day, which is the twentieth. Given that Joe Biden will be President an hour before that, that makes Trump no longer president when a Senate Trial begins.

Now McConnell does note that it could be considered earlier, but only given the unanimous consent of all 100 senators to conduct business out of normal session. Which is... not likely.

So I fail to see what this little excercise in pointlessness actually accomplishes, if the Senate cannot remove Trump from office, because he will not be in office by the time they start the trial. For the record, McConnell isn't slow walking this at all, this is the earliest he could possibly act on it (Not doubting that he wouldn't slow walk it if he had too, but he doesn't need to do so here). I believe the Senate could still convict Trump after he is removed from office, but the only result of that would be disqualification from further office. Which might be worth doing if it had a chance of passing, but it doesn't.
    This idea that it has to succeed in the senate just doesn't make sense to me. Did you think we shouldn't have impeached him a year ago, or did you think that was gonna succeed in removing him?