Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    here is a crazy idea,have you considered investing in this elusive concept called....friends?or a guild? (°◇°)
    Again with the guild thing. Yet to find a guild that allows you to run whatever the key, whatever the role whenever you login.

No guild out there will ever match your need if the need is doing what I wrote in the first paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    They just try to pacth their gameplay by stacking "meta" classes and hoping for a ez carry. The whole pug community is a festering shithole.
    You're being very uncharitable to other players while totally misunderstanding why they aren't taking non-meta classes. It's not about "wanting a carry" at that level. It's more that they have got used to doing these dungeons a certain way, e.g. skipping certain packs with mage poly/invis, or relying on hunter binding shot for some kiting, or what have you.

What is easier, redesigning your entire strat around a random class each time, or just inviting the same class you always use and doing the same thing that you know works?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    make. your. own. group.

Problem solves itself.

There are always more fotm class / higher rio in the queue

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Players are garbage, honestly. The community has turned super toxic and Blizzard waited too long to correct problems that just make it worse. Things like this aren't going to change, and it's worse for people who don't play meta/strong classes.
    It not that Blizzard waited too long, they actively incentivized toxic behavior and gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    This right here is the root of your problem. If you want to run something, start your own group. You can pick and choose whoever YOU want for YOUR group and by golly you'll be "invited" to a group since you're the one making it.......
    Even making your own group can be super frustrating.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Certainly doesn't help that blizzard nerfed drums so it forces at least one slot to be filled by a mage or shaman.
    I think that's only true on Tyra where you sometimes need that lust, especially on the trickier bosses. On Fortified 10% more or less Haste won't make or break the attempt by itself. Brez is far more invaluable since nothing even comes close to replacing that.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    You're being very uncharitable to other players while totally misunderstanding why they aren't taking non-meta classes. It's not about "wanting a carry" at that level. It's more that they have got used to doing these dungeons a certain way, e.g. skipping certain packs with mage poly/invis, or relying on hunter binding shot for some kiting, or what have you.

What is easier, redesigning your entire strat around a random class each time, or just inviting the same class you always use and doing the same thing that you know works?
    Asking for 1.4 k rio for a 15 key for example is asking for a carry, even more so the dude is not even close to that rio. Rio has a very simple system, its how much score you can get from dungeons are specified. If you do every key on time even on 2 chest you CANNOT get 1400 as far as i know. So not only the dude itself asking for a meta class, he also ask you to do +16s to able to join his +15. This happens on low keys too. That in my eyes is asking for a carry. A dude setting 1.4 k rio while having 1 k is blatantly saying BOOST ME. And not only you fucking apply to boost his ass because you need the key, you also need to be the meta class he wants. Getting high rio takes more dedication as a off meta class than meta classes. I can safely say that if i see a 1.6 k rio warlock/fury/etc, chances are he is a better player than 1.6 k fire mage. Chances are those people make less mistakes because their "shit" class is not forgiving for making mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    make. your. own. group.

Problem solves itself.
    I did, I did took the mount now, problem is and the point of the thread is, thats the only way I can realistically enter the groups at or even below my push level at the very moment. Its like saying to a guy mugged in streets "bro, just don't go outside.".

Just a wild gues.. Warlock aint META, so you wont get invite at that key level. Even at lower keys people are slaves for meta, even though every class and every comp can clear content. Welcome to the future, were meta is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Even making your own group can be super frustrating.
    There is people who left my groups because I was a warlock. Also this people seems to not understand that the whole point of this fucking thread that you HAVE TO MAKE your own groups to be realistically do the content as a warlock unless its your buddies/friends. Thats the problem. I did 6 fucking push keys in order to get the key I was missing. I could have failed that run because tank might go full sperg or some shit, which meant I would roughly another 5-7 pushes to have another attempt. Insult the injury is I dont even need gear from those +15 dungeons, and already done them, so it feels fucking pointless. I did give a lot of items to pugs though, bet they love me for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I think that's only true on Tyra where you sometimes need that lust, especially on the trickier bosses. On Fortified 10% more or less Haste won't make or break the attempt by itself. Brez is far more invaluable since nothing even comes close to replacing that.
    Its not as good= its shit. Pretty much sums how people think nowadays.

Asking for 1.4 k rio for a 15 key for example is asking for a carry, even more so the dude is not even close to that rio. Rio has a very simple system, its how much score you can get from dungeons are specified. If you do every key on time even on 2 chest you CANNOT get 1400 as far as i know. So not only the dude itself asking for a meta class, he also ask you to do +16s to able to join his +15. This happens on low keys too. That in my eyes is asking for a carry. A dude setting 1.4 k rio while having 1 k is blatantly saying BOOST ME. And not only you fucking apply to boost his ass because you need the key, you also need to be the meta class he wants. Getting high rio takes more dedication as a off meta class than meta classes. I can safely say that if i see a 1.6 k rio warlock/fury/etc, chances are he is a better player than 1.6 k fire mage. Chances are those people make less mistakes because their "shit" class is not forgiving for making mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, I did took the mount now, problem is and the point of the thread is, thats the only way I can realistically enter the groups at or even below my push level at the very moment. Its like saying to a guy mugged in streets "bro, just don't go outside.".
    You are a player with a score way above what is normal for a +15. and DOS is your only key missing for the achievement.

People probably will not take you out of fear you will be leaving if the key might not be in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sámsa View Post
    You are a player with a score way above what is normal for a +15. and DOS is your only key missing for the achievement.

People probably will not take you out of fear you will be leaving if the key might not be in time.
    I don't leave keys just because it won't be timed. Only time I left keys when people started to be extremely aggresive/racist and literally cannot play because they are busy with typing. We all know those people.

Also fuck those line of thinking. People who think that way is the people WHO DOES THAT. Most liars think other fucking people also lying to themselves. This is the same fucking fucked up mentality that is another reason why i call the pug environment a festering shithole. You don't get to good rio by leaving keys by the simplies mistake. Most keys are bloody timeable even with a wipe at +15 range unless your dps is extremely lacking or you are losing a lot of time to affixes.

With that logic if I have low rio I am fucked, I have high rio I am fucked, and there is no point of inviting me if i need the dungeon because I will leave. What?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's more like telling a guy who was mugged in the streets to learn to defend themselves and go about their lives.

Terrible analogy.

You're claiming there is a problem because people take what they want in their groups to what they feel will be the most successful run.
    The two are not alike in any way.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't leave keys just because it won't be timed. Only time I left keys when people started to be extremely aggresive/racist and literally cannot play because they are busy with typing. We all know those people.

Also fuck those line of thinking. People who think that way is the people WHO DOES THAT. Most liars think other fucking people also lying to themselves. This is the same fucking fucked up mentality that is another reason why i call the pug environment a festering shithole. You don't get to good rio by leaving keys by the simplies mistake. Most keys are bloody timeable even with a wipe at +15 range unless your dps is extremely lacking or you are losing a lot of time to affixes.

With that logic if I have low rio I am fucked, I have high rio I am fucked, and there is no point of inviting me if i need the dungeon because I will leave. What?
    ayou play warlock this is true. no one wants to gimp a 15 because some dude wants to play a class who brings free potions and a gateway as utility when interupts, stuns and knockbacks are king

ayou play warlock this is true. no one wants to gimp a 15 because some dude wants to play a class who brings free potions and a gateway as utility when interupts, stuns and knockbacks are king
    Warlock has aoe stun on a relatively low cd. Warlock has the same interrupt cd as the mage. Warlocks have a combat ress. Warlock are not lacking in damage in any sense. So what is your point again? They bring mages, mages bring bloodlust sure, but their interrupt is on same cd. What are you smoking exactly? Warlocks and mages got the lowest single target interrupt compared to other casters apart from shaman. Boomkin got a beam interrupt/silence in 1 minute cd. Shadow priest got a 45 sec cd as far as i know. Hunters/mages and warlocks have a 24 second cd interrupt. More you knew

Or, more precisely, no one NEEDS to bring a class like that when there's 20 meta players ready and waiting for an invite.

As long as certain utilities are so much better/so much more available on other specs/classes, it'll always be meta rules. The fact that you COULD do keys with off-meta classes does jack shit for people when there's so many meta players around you never get your turn as off-meta.

Play a new class? warlocks be useless in M+ is NOTHING new. Are you new to WoW or to Warlock? because if you played Warlock during even just BFA i'm baffled that you're surprised this would happen in Shadowlands? do you not read patch notes to find out that you guys got nothing added? You have 0 mobility, 0 utilities outside of health stones, 0 Interupts.
    Why would any M+ key that wants a smooth clean run, invite you over ANYTHING else? the only other class that has it as bad as you is Fury Warrior. But atleast they can kick shit.

Warlock has aoe stun on a relatively low cd. Warlock has the same interrupt cd as the mage. Warlocks have a combat ress. Warlock are not lacking in damage in any sense. So what is your point again? They bring mages, mages bring bloodlust sure, but their interrupt is on same cd. What are you smoking exactly? Warlocks and mages got the lowest single target interrupt compared to other casters apart from shaman. Boomkin got a beam interrupt/silence in 1 minute cd. Shadow priest got a 45 sec cd as far as i know. Hunters/mages and warlocks have a 24 second cd interrupt. More you knew
    Druids and hunter can soothe, mages can spell steal, all of these classes including warlock has a cc spell. You can argue a druid have much more utility than a lock because thats the reality with treants, with aoe beam silence and with ursol and typhoon if they spec in to it. Mages don't even bring remotely close utility compared to a boomkin. If you think there is the world of difference between mages and warlocks on a fucking +15 key of all the things, I don't know what to tell you. Most group comps try to get a mm hunter AND a mage anyway so BUT MUH LUST argument is not very valid unless the brainlet hunter doesnt want to summon/dismiss a pet.

+15 is not very hard content, not with 215 gear level range, definately not this week. Nobody is here is crying that OMG THEY ARE NOT TAKING ME FOR +19 KEYS WTF. Because that is the cutting edge content atm, not 15s. This same argument people like you make in their 2/10 m guilds and say that you will not take a off meta spec regardless how good the player is. Most morons rather a %70 parse affli warlock over a %99 destro. When you are not doing cutting edge content, the whole argument of min maxing to the roof argument becomes asinine.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    weird that you make the exact argument to bring a mage over warlock while trying to throw your facts in my face. mages also have excellent kiting ability over locks, more consistent damage with less ramp time than destro, better execute, are more mobile, better defensives. thats just mages, we can get into why hunters, priests and boomies are better if you want to embarrass youself further.