Poll: Should Parler be deplatformed?

Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Tell them to make sure they aren't on the no-fly list before they head over lol:

Just as an FYI, I believe I read somewhere that this particular instance was over their refusal to wear a mask properly and unrelated to the riot, though I have no doubt there IS a No-fly list for those positively identified from the riot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Just as an FYI, I believe I read somewhere that this particular instance was over their refusal to wear a mask properly and unrelated to the riot, though I have no doubt there IS a No-fly list for those positively identified from the riot as well.
    Well, in the video, he was crying that they did call him a terrorist so, maybe it was due to the Capitol riots. Most of them can get charged as it as they fit the definition of it now. However, most Trump supporters are getting kicked off of the planes either due to no mask wearing or because the other passengers get pissed off and don't want them there due to the fact they, for some unknown reason, have to tell everyone they support Trump like it was a tick. Going to name it Trump Syndrome from now on.

Trump Syndrome - where someone uncontrollably will state "Trump 2020" or "MAGA" to everyone around them without being asked about it in any way shape or form while also not wearing a mask or wearing it wrong. Other side effects include complaining about ones rights that weren't violated, crying hysterically when punished for not following the rules/law and generally being a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Have to say that seems really unlikely to me; no one is going to call you a terrorist for refusing to wear a mask, and it certainly wouldn't be the reason listed for someone being on the no-fly list if that was the case.

The "terrorist" label combined with the "I love all of you" plea really points towards him being one of the 1/6 attackers.

10+ Year Old Account
    So...I wake up and this was posted at 8AM.

Parler went offline Sunday night after Amazon Web Services (AWS) suspended the social media platform, citing the far-right haven’s lack of content moderation.

AWS said in a statement that Parler, which has frequently billed itself as a free-speech alternative for people suspended from Twitter, had violated its terms of service. The platform has come under fire in recent days over its alleged role in coordinating the deadly riots at the U.S. Capitol last week, with Apple and Google both removing its app from their stores.

Parler CEO John Matze said in a statement that the network could be offline for up to a week, according to The Washington Post, but was even less sanguine on Fox News early Sunday.

[I]t would put anybody out of business. I mean, this -- they could destroy anybody. If they did this to any app, any company, it would completely destroy them,” Matze told Maria Bartiromo on “Sunday Morning Futures.”

“And we're going to try our best to get back online as quickly as possible," he added. "But we're having a lot of trouble, because every vendor we talk to says they won't work with us, because, if Apple doesn't approve and Google doesn't approve, they won't.”
    Man, it's so hard to dump toxic waste.

I'm not touching Parler to see if it's true or not. I just think it's hilarious that Parler went on FOX News to bitch and moan how mean old Google and Apple are being meanieheads by enforcing the terms of service that Parler signed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

I'm not touching Parler to see if it's true or not. I just think it's hilarious that Parler went on FOX News to bitch and moan how mean old Google and Apple are being meanieheads by enforcing the terms of service that Parler signed.
    And, let's be clear, telling them exactly what rules they were breaking and giving them, if I recall correctly, a full month to adjust policies to address those issues.

This suspension of services is occurring after that period, after Parler effectively did nothing at all to address the issues.

So they didn't have a short window. They had a really long window. And thumbed their noses at AWS throughout, and are now feigning shock that AWS actually followed through and stopped doing business with them.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more this resembles an episode of Hoarders. Parler(the hoarder) was renting a room from Amazon. Amazon was stating that it was filthy and needed to clean it up and take out the trash. Parler decided it can't let go of said trash due to whatever memory is tied to it. Amazon said, well, you are now evicted and taking all of your trash with you. Which is apt because it wouldn't surprise me if some of the Parler users would be featured on Hoarders.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    sooooooo

Because Parler is a garbage nightmare it was built on wordpress...Well, through a plug-in exploit, literally all the user data (including photos of verified state id cards) has been retrieved by hackers and is being posted online.

Press F to pay respects.
    Been seeing the reports that some dude pulled down 70TB of fucking data and archived it all...man, color me shocked and surprised that the security for this site that people sent photo's of their drivers license and apparently entered their SSN's is apparently garbage.

Gonna be a treasure trove of evidence for the FBI investigations and federal cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    So what the hell was all that wanton destruction last summer? Because that was rioting. Businesses and homes destroyed, stores looted, many people's jobs gone? Because that was all a riot. And even more destructive and just as illegal as what the Trump supporters did on Wednesday, the only difference here is motive and one being a federal crime and the other is a state crime. I'm all for peaceful protests, but the violence and destruction I saw was outright brutal enough to be a riot. I saw what happened in Minneapolis through the eyes of people on the streets covering the protests and it looked like a god damn war zone. So tell me how in the actual fuck those weren't riots. It was god damn terrorism too.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet you clearly ignore the rather obvious collusion by Silicon Valley to completely deplatform people and control the narrative. With Amazon axing Parler's AWS access and the app being banned from various storefronts, that is directly colluding with Facebook and Twitter doing whatever they can to silence conservatives. I'm sorry but it doesn't take a genius to connect those lines. Considering all those companies are aligned ideologically, it's not at all a surprise that Parler got the shaft. And frankly, wouldn't have just been easier to let the idiots have their own platform to spout their shit? Most tech savvy people are smart enough to stay away from that shit hole anyway.
    If you take a shit on the floor and 3 people tell you it stinks it isn't because they are colluding, it's because you're shitting on the floor.

If you're a conservative and get thrown out of an establishment after shitting on the floor they aren't targeting conservatives, it's because you shit on the floor.
    Last edited by Dhrizzle; 2021-01-11 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If you take a shit on the floor and 3 people tell you it stinks it isn't because they are colluding, it's because your sitting on the floor.

If you're a conservative and get thrown out of an establishment after shitting on the floor they aren't targeting conservatives, it's because you shit on the floor.
    I want to stop and give you credit. This is about the most perfect way possible to explain it.

Well played.

10+ Year Old Account

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they decide to relocate their services to e.g being hosted out of Russia after this, as ironic as that would be for a site with a staunchly nationalist user base.

Who woulda thought that a business based on appealing to people no-one else wants to associate with would result in no-one else wanting to associate with you.

Even Oracle, which is led by devout Trump supporters, probably won't risk hosting them. If they do, then they risk other companies choosing to not work with them, as well.

In the end, Parler will either have to go overseas, or they will have to buy their own hardware, and control their own data center space. Even companies that control data centers probably don't want their servers in their walls.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    People calling it censorship fail to understand the 1st amendment doesn't cover inciting violence. And, an application not being available to you that didn't even exist until about a year ago also is not eliminating your ability to communicate. There are other avenues of communication. Talking, writing, etc. People act like being kicked off a payment app (for committing federal crimes btw), is the same as be "de-commerced" when they can still use banking, credit cards, cash, etc.

The entitlement is also funny. Should companies be *required* to allow a person to commit federal crimes using their service, opening them to liability as an accomplice? That's what the people claiming censorship are saying. If you own a restaurant, should you be *required* to allow terrorists to meet at your restaurant and openly plan attacks and plot murdering people in the name of 'free speech'? That's exactly what people claiming censorship are arguing for if they are against AWS dropping Parler or Twitter banning Trump.

The irony of Republicans on the one hand arguing that they should be able to *not provide services* to gays if it's a wedding shop making a cake simply because they are hateful bigots and don't want to, but that another company *should be forced to provide services* to terrorists even if they are inciting, planning, and committing federal felony crimes including domestic terrorism - and richer yet that it is somehow an Orwellian seizure of their rights if they refuse to. Think about that for a minute and the level of misinformation someone has to get via Parler and YT to be brainwashed into believing that.
    Last edited by Biglog; 2021-01-11 at 05:33 PM.

I don't have any issues with private companies saying "fuck no we won't host your website". Being a gathering place for dick bags isn't a protected class.

I might have an issue if it was he government shutting it down, but even in this specific instance it might even be okay since the platform was used to incite and organize a coup attempt. Not sure that would fall under protected speech.
    Last edited by Hadriker; 2021-01-11 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You’re confusing this video with the one where the guy is yelling that he’s being treated like a black person. This video is chapter 1 of a trilogy that most assuredly happened after the riots. The fat lady in the red shirt you can see going to talk to the cry baby has 2 other videos that were posted. 1 where she’s getting kicked off like he did and another where she’s sobbing back at the gate after the fact.
    I very well may be and if so I apologize for the confusion. There's been no shortage of MAGA babies caught on film finding out there are consequences lately.

The kneecapping of Trump’s ability to connect with his supporters by banning him across multiple platforms, and the de-platforming of Parler by Amazon, Apple and Alphabet are just the tip of the iceberg. No legitimate business want to be associated with a seditious riot incited by an unpopular lame duck president.

Some examples. PGA tour announced that none of their tournaments will be held at any of Trump’s golf courses. Multiple businesses and business PACs also announced that they won’t be contributing funds to any of the politicians that voted against Biden’s presidency certification. There were rumors that even PACs associated with the Koch brothers won’t be funding campaigns of those politicians. Multiple payment processing companies are refusing to process financial transactions from and for known alt-right organizations and persons. I am sure more will be incoming. Anybody that were even remotely associated with the January 6 event will be hit hard legally and financially.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-01-11 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Anybody that were even remotely associated with the January 6 event will be hit hard legally and financially.
    You love to see the marketplace working.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You love to see the marketplace working.
    Hey! It's a free market.

Did you catch the two of the two women being arrested in Florida?
    I did not. Although to be fair I've taken several steps away from most things Trump since the EC vote in December because I needed a mental health break from the nonstop Trump Shitshow. I've only recently been dipping my toe back into the water since the MAGA riots to reconnect with my comrades in arms a bit.

Did you catch the two of the two women being arrested in Florida?

- - - Updated - - -

I saw Dan Bongino(Parler investor) was crying about this on Fox. He’s pretty mad they took his investment away. For a former Secret Service agent you’d think he’d find something better to invest in.
    Matze, Parler CEO, told Fox News during a January 10 interview that "every vendors, from text message services to email providers to our lawyers, all ditched us too, on the same day."

Hahahahahahaha!