Poll: Should Parler be deplatformed?

Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    That's fake hell. This is real hell.
    Fools, the only real Hell is Norwegian Hell!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They have shit fits when ever athletes or musicians say anything politically
    No they don't. They have shit fits whenever athletes or musicians say anything that disagrees with their politics.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

There is not such thing as hell...
    Libertarian utopia...just a matter of time before soylent green becomes part of the menu for everyone if they should ever fully implement their ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    That's fake hell. This is real hell.
    At one point, having lived in Michigan for over 20 years, that is not a fake hell. The whole goddamn state is hell. That part just advertises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    No they don't. They have shit fits whenever athletes or musicians say anything that disagrees with their politics.
    Yeah. Washed up celebrities can have a new life on Twitter as long as they spout Pro-Trump talking points

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Yeah. Washed up celebrities can have a new life on Twitter as long as they spout Pro-Trump talking points
    And athletes who are meh on their best days can get a rabid following about how they're literally the best to ever even think about the game by spouting some feel good bullshit about whatever the current month's popular topic is.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    And athletes who are meh on their best days can get a rabid following about how they're literally the best to ever even think about the game by spouting some feel good bullshit about whatever the current month's popular topic is.
    Are you talking about Tim Tebow?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Great great.

If you are going to lie be better about it.

Just like you lied. On purpose.

The fact that Twitter isn't a monopoly is evidence that competition is allowed to manifest. You are really bad at this.
    1. Great

2. I wrote Twitter INFLUENCES elections ... i did not write that it HELD elections. That is you not reading and understanding what i wrote. Better luck next time.

3. see 2.

4. Oh really, then why are Facebook and Twitter are under investigation and being sued for anti-trust/monopoly-laws in several countries?
    And i don't mean China or North Korea. but deomcratic countries like Germany, the US themselves, ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    1. Great

2. I wrote Twitter INFLUENCES elections ... i did not write that it HELD elections. That is you not reading and understanding what i wrote. Better luck next time.

3. see 2.

4. Oh really, then why are Facebook and Twitter are under investigation and being sued for anti-trust/monopoly-laws in several countries?
    And i don't mean China or North Korea. but deomcratic countries like Germany, the US themselves, ...
    That means you are admitting that your analogy is wrong...

If you really gave a shit about "free speech," then you could start your own website this very minute, that allows for anyone and everyone to say whatever they want. Put your money where your mouth is, and build that "public forum."

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh really, then why are Facebook and Twitter are under investigation and being sued for anti-trust/monopoly-laws in several countries?
    Could I get a link to Twitter being under investigation for anti-trust?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Could I get a link to Twitter being under investigation for anti-trust?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...-live-updates/

Slightly off topic but i also recommend reading the Twitter investigation report about the hack-in last year.
    https://www.dfs.ny.gov/Twitter_Report
    They have been asleep on several important issues for far too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...-live-updates/

Slightly off topic but i also recommend reading the Twitter investigation report about the hack-in last year.
    https://www.dfs.ny.gov/Twitter_Report
    They have been asleep on several important issues for far too long.
    Thats just the FTC in the US. You said multiple countries.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    You made the case it was like the roman forums and as I noted you typed out that they held elections. I'm sorry you seem to want to double down on a blatant lie but here we are.

So they influence elections. So does a lot of other venues and platforms that get to pick and choose what content is shown but you don't seem to have an issue with those...just twitter.

Anyone can be sued for anything. Come back to me when they lose and are judged by the courts and/or government to be a monopoly. Until then they still aren't a monopoly. And since we're talking about US elections I don't care one bit whether or not Twitter is a monopoly in other countries -- that's entirely irrelevant.

You are grasping at straws. And ignore that Twitter can't possible be a monopoly when entities like Facebook, Instagram, Parler, Tik Tok, etc. etc. exist.

Just tons of bad faith posting. That's all you guys have left. Lies and misinformation.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Libertarian utopia...just a matter of time before soylent green becomes part of the menu for everyone if they should ever fully implement their ideas.
    if they figure out a way to make so soylent green gets rid of the gut I bet we can probably get majority support for it to be on the menu!!

Just push it as the new diet craze and it will be legal in a month or two!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

https://twitter.com/existentialfish/...51525248032768

So...I guess My Pillow is getting "Deplatformed" too?

Man, since when did all these fuckin capitalists decide they fuckin hate capitalism?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Man, since when did all these fuckin capitalists decide they fuckin hate capitalism?
    Well, at least now you understand how people felt about "enemies of the state" in Stalin's 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Well, at least now you understand how people felt about "enemies of the state" in Stalin's 30s.
    I do? I'm not sure I do, because consumers making a choice to avoid buying a product seems different than the government trying to ban a product.

But maybe things are different in Russia?

I do? I'm not sure I do, because consumers making a choice to avoid buying a product seems different than the government trying to ban a product.
    Yep, you do.
    I have precisely zero problems rooting out people who are a part of of sympathize with extremist groups from the National Guard, even if they do not pose a present threat.

its funny how republicans and right wing nuts forget what they did to the Dixie chicks all because they said something bad once about Bush.

all in the name of "sticking up for our country".

Oh how we've come full circle with these nuts
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!