Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Kezan (goblin starting zone) and Azshara are kind of fun. The latter (if you're Horde), take a ride from one end to the other on the rocketway. Plus there's Gallywix's pleasure palace.

Suramar city. Northrend has a lot of "ooh, what's that" in the zones with all the necropoli and temples.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by xeddin View Post
    I showed my two daughters (3/2) wow today. I took them to Pandaria and flew around for them. They liked telling me where to go and thought it was cool. Im curious what you all think would be the nicest places to show them in game?
    If I had children, wow would never be on when they were awake or conscious. They'd be taught to see real life as is. and fight for that, rather than fantasy. It may have dominated my childhood, but it won't theirs, I'd teach them to see the good things in real life and the things worth having real fights to save or protect.

- - - Updated - - -

And wow's not one of them

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    I wouldn't show WoW to little kids. I know people like to meme "it's a kids' game" but it's full of such violent and disturbing imagery I'd wouldn't let kids under 15 play it. And no, stylized artstyle doesn't change anything.
    bro you are pretty naive tbh. We are not living in the 90s anymore...kids at age 15 have seen EVERYTHING you can imagine these days. The internet, you know?

I personally like the part where we're on Deathwing's back and his blood turns into monsters that we have to kill

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't show WoW to little kids. I know people like to meme "it's a kids' game" but it's full of such violent and disturbing imagery I'd wouldn't let kids under 15 play it. And no, stylized artstyle doesn't change anything.
    I was playing DOOM at nine years old. I turned out fine.

Mostly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria was a good choice.

Vasjh'ir is another. Bright and colorful and full of fantastical beings. The kelp forest and that place that is full of glowy stuff would probably be cool for them to see.

Uldum is probably cool too, Bastion is beautiful if they like that stuff, Revendreth if they like vampires and gothic stuff. You already showed them Pandaria but letting them play through the Pandaren starting experience on the Wandering Isle could also probably be a fun experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    If I had children, wow would never be on when they were awake or conscious. They'd be taught to see real life as is. and fight for that, rather than fantasy. It may have dominated my childhood, but it won't theirs, I'd teach them to see the good things in real life and the things worth having real fights to save or protect.

- - - Updated - - -

And wow's not one of them
    So why are you here commenting? He asked for places to show his kids in-game, not to be told what you would do with your kids.

OT: Pandaria - Valley of the Four Winds is prob the nicest zone, imo.
    Last edited by Dalheim; 2021-01-10 at 02:54 PM.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Stay clear of Goldshire for obvious reasons.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings-guide/ for WoW

Category: "Teen"

Blood and Gore
    Crude Humor
    Use of Alcohol
    Violence
    Mild Language
    Suggestive Themes

Pft.. I've watched Child's Play, Hellraiser, Aliens, Predator, and such, when I was a kid in the 80s...

That must be the maw. Tell them, if they're bad kids and not obedient, they'll end up there... in "hell"!

Silverpine should be kid-friendly now that they removed the line where Garrosh called Sylvanas a bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Goldshire if you're playing on Argent Dawn EU.

Also, this:

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Every young girl should see the rooms leading up to mother in black temple at least once in her adolescence
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

TBC Nagrand

Goldshire Inn on Moonguard.

Show them where to avoid, that is.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Depends on what they’re into. For fantasy forest elf loving kids I could see Ardenweald being great. The vibrant colors with the fairies and elves all over.
    For those that like dinosaurs there’s always Ungoro Crater and Lost Isles.
    Some kids are into horror and could enjoy seeing places like Icecrown or Borean Tundra.
    For those that like dragons there is always Dragonblight and Twilight Highlands.
    There’s quite a few places you could show children depending on their likes and hobbies.

Jesus Christ, what is wrong with you guys?

OP simply asked what would be the greatest place in WoW to show to his daughters so they can enjoy a colorful and joyful part of the game, and you all went into some psycho-parenting crusade...

Someone said that the game should not be allowed before 15 yrs old... like wtf? Do you really believe that teengers, especially with such a huge access to the Internet nowadays, watch pink ponies dancing on the rainbow, or you are just trying to portray yourself as some smart and loving parent? Nope, they are vaping, drinking alcohol on "nights at friend's place" and having wild social life. Not to mention, that WoW isn't really that violent as you are trying to portray it. And yeah, actually that sweet-comic artstyle chnages a lot in the human mind's perspective, because after all, you are not running with a machine-gun in 1st person perspective killing bunch of people, while losing control over own emotions in real life at the same time.

And then, someone says that he would never expose his children to WoW, because it's better to "fight for a real world" - I mean... XD well, that is true, and good for them, but I can only imagine what you are trying to say by that.

Do you guys realize, that it's possible to control the time children spend on PC or smartphones, right? I don't know, parents these days are naive or just overprotective - either way it's equally bad.

I'm starting to realize how blessed I was, that my parents these parenting-psychos that went from one extreme to another, being overprotective and try to force some retarded safety-bubbles over their children - it is precisely then, when the demons awake in the adulthood

I would advise adults to use a condom.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalheim View Post
    So why are you here commenting? He asked for places to show his kids in-game, not to be told what you would do with your kids.

OT: Pandaria - Valley of the Four Winds is prob the nicest zone, imo.
    Because none is a valid. If I were a kid and my parents were wow players, after seeing all of wow, my first choices would be

Zuldazar with dinsoaurs , I loved that shit.
    Then I'd want to see Shattrath City, Karabor (AU draenor) and the Tempest keep - cos space sci-fi stuff is really cool
    I'd also love to see Silvermoon, Quel'thalas and Suramar - the Kaldorei empire looks amazing and nothing screams high fantasy more than the Silvermoon/Quel'thalas
    Finally I would tour the undead, Tirisfal, Silverpine, Icecrown and Gilneas - because zombies are cool as are werewolves.

Teldrassil would have been an amazing place to go if the tree could be seen in game like it is now in the new Darkshore or like you can see Shaladrassil in Val'sharah (loading screen picture from Emerald dream) - cos a giant tree, and an elven city in it just feels super cool and somehow the right mix of nature and empire civilization - the ultimate for night elves would be Zin'Azshari as seen in Warbringers, either at the base of a massive world tree like Nordarssil on one side with the ocean on another, or actually Darnassus being remodelled to look like it on a Teldrassil that you could see as an actual tree you could fly into. Now that would be special.

But I'd keep my kids away from that stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    But I'd keep my kids away from that stuff.
    Which is irrelevant, because he didn't ask what you were gonna do with your kids.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar