Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Kel'Thuzad & The Maw (Spoilers)

One thing I don't understand about the actions those leaders took at the end, was simply sending Kel'Thuzad to the Maw.

Why send a cunning enemy to your enemy, wouldn't that make the situation worse?

Why use the jailer (our enemy) to punish Kel'thuzad?

7+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean?

They didn't "send" Kel anywhere.
    The Mawsworn came and just took him.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-01-05 at 12:12 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    What do you mean?

They didn't "send" Kel anywhere.
    The Mawsworn came and just took him.
    Don't the mawsworn work for the Jailer? Why would the mawsworn help us take kel'thuzad? that's my question. Also the "banished one calls to his side" why allow that, if the jailer is our enemy at the moment

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Don't the mawsworn work for the Jailer? Why would the mawsworn help us take kel'thuzad? that's my question. Also the "banished one calls to his side" why allow that, if the jailer is our enemy at the moment
    You're fundamentally not understanding what happened.
    Kel'thuzad is beaten, and appears to be at the mercy of the margrave and the forces of Revendreth and the Chosen.
    Before any irreparable damage can be done, the Jailor opens a portal and sends the Mawsworn through to guard Kel'thuzad and bring him to the Jailor, saving him from whatever fate awaited him.

The Jailor sent the Mawsworn to save Kel'thuzad from the forces of the Shadowlands, who planned to do something else with him, though exactly what is never specified. Why would you ever assume he was going to be banished to the Maw, effectively just sending him to his master?
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't the mawsworn work for the Jailer? Why would the mawsworn help us take kel'thuzad? that's my question.
    They are not helping us, idk where you got that idea from.

The Mawsworn saved him from us, no one called upon them.

Also the "banished one calls to his side" why allow that, if the jailer is our enemy at the moment
    No one 'allowed' that to happen, they just whooped in and ran.
    Not much anyone could've done.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    You're fundamentally not understanding what happened.
    Kel'thuzad is beaten, and appears to be at the mercy of the margrave and the forces of Revendreth and the Chosen.
    Before any irreparable damage can be done, the Jailor opens a portal and sends the Mawsworn through to guard Kel'thuzad and bring him to the Jailor, saving him from whatever fate awaited him.

The Jailor sent the Mawsworn to save Kel'thuzad from the forces of the Shadowlands, who planned to do something else with him, though exactly what is never specified. Why would you ever assume he was going to be banished to the Maw, effectively just sending him to his master?
    Because this cinematic is soo bad, it makes you think that those leaders welcomed the mawsowrn and the struggle at the end of the Kel'thuzad it just puts more fuel to the fire

Because this cinematic is soo bad, it makes you think that those leaders welcomed the mawsowrn and the struggle at the end of the Kel'thuzad it just puts more fuel to the fire
    This cinematic was datamined in beta testing and for sure needed polishing up, but the story was still clear. I never once, however, questioned whether we sent him or he was being saved. It was pretty obvious.

Also in your original post, you inadvertently answer your own question (see: Magical Mudcrabs response). We're simply not helping him; he's being saved.

Watch the cinematic again and you tell me how it goes, it doesn't show us that they helped him, only to punish him for what he did to Margrave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    This cinematic was datamined in beta testing and for sure needed polishing up, but the story was still clear. I never once, however, questioned whether we sent him or he was being saved. It was pretty obvious.

Also in your original post, you inadvertently answer your own question (see: Magical Mudcrabs response). We're simply not helping him; he's being saved.
    You said, you never questioned wether we sent him or he was being saved. In this cinematic, it clearly looks like he was banished from Maldraxxus for his crimes, the mawsworn took him and no one ever said nothing only allowed it to happen.

Watch the cinematic again and you tell me how it goes, it doesn't show us that they helped him, only to punish him for what he did to Margrave.

- - - Updated - - -

You said, you never questioned wether we sent him or he was being saved. In this cinematic, it clearly looks like he was banished from Maldraxxus for his crimes, the mawsworn took him and no one ever said nothing only allowed it to happen.
    I think you should really watch it again^^
    Maldraxxus was about to punish him for what he did. Kaelthas wanted to but was stopped by the Venthyr guy. Whe don't know what either would have done next as the mawsworne intervened to help Kelthuzad....

I don't really get how we helped Kelthuzad or allowed anything to happen...

I think you confuse the factions a bit in the cinematic. We have Kelthuzad, Maldraxxi, Venthyr and the mawsworne. The last do not have any affiliation with Maldraxxus and the Revendreht other than being obvious enemies. And they saved kelthuzad to make him help them.

Also: The Cinematic ends before we can see any reactions. Probably because he just has to take a step back through the portal... what are they supposed to do?

Why exactly would the Necrolords, enemies of the Jailer, call the Mawsworn, allies of the Jailer, to take Kel'thuzad, also an ally of the Jailer, to the Maw?

There's also nothing to indicate that they opened that rift - it just suddenly springs open and very clearly shows Mawsworn coming out to keep everybody from interfering.

Your interpretation makes absolutely no sense and isn't supported by the cutscene.

- - - Updated - - -

Margrave / Draven / Kael: Good guys in this video. They have beaten Kel'thuzad.
    Margrave is about to punish Kel'thuzad
    Mawsworn = the bad guys in this video. They appear, protect and take Kel'thuzad back to the Maw.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

I mean there’s even fear in Kels voice and he’s trying to resist them. IMO the Jailer is going to “punish” him or reuse his soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even the first time I saw this cinematic, I thought it was pretty obvious that Maldraxxus isn't sending Kel'thuzad willingly to the Maw. The Mawsworn just come out and grab him. You can even see the Mawsworn getting in the face of everyone (the Margrave, Kael, Vashj etc) as if they want to stop any attempt at wrestling Kel'thuzad away.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    its literally just you who misunderstood the video... you clearly see the 4 mawsworn to push the others back while the 5th takes kel'thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    its literally just you who misunderstood the video... you clearly see the 4 mawsworn to push the others back while the 5th takes kel'thuzad
    Yet they do nothing to stop it and don't mention nothing after. Bad cinematic nothing more

Jailer: “Hey Sylvanas we have a new teammate, I’d like to introduce you to...Kel’Thuzad”

Sylvanas: “*jaw drops*”

Lol unless they use his soul as a weapon but damn if the two end up working together.

Yet they do nothing to stop it and don't mention nothing after. Bad cinematic nothing more
    its literally on a BETA SERVER not meant to be seen yet. Seems like you're just embarrassed you got it wrong and now you're doubling down. Kinda funny lmao

Not for the first time nor for the last. We've seen plenty of situation in which characters just freeze and do nothing, because Blizzard wants to the story to go in a specific direction.

Still, your misunderstanding (and a pretty unique one at that) is kind of amusing. You telling others to rewatch the cinematic when it is you who misinterpreted it is pathetic though.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

The cutscene with all the wooden animations it soes seem like everyone is just reacting very slow.

Kel thuzad went in slowmow.. the rest was just watching. Blizz is bad at in game cutscenes. I spilled my coffee when I saw kel thuzad fall to the ground. The animations are just so bad and slow that it does take away the realism on reaction time of characters.

Its like some one is saying something and gets interruoted by another character, but instead of interrupting, it always sounds like they just stop talking midsentence and wait for other to start talking, while in reality it should have been an interrupt.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Sorry bub, this is just you mistinterpreting a very simple video.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann