Unhappy Balance Druid troubleshooting logs

I am having issues getting over a 3.3k average dps when I am told I should be sitting at around 5.5k so I must be doing something wrong. I am the only balance druid in my guild attached will be my most recent raid (tonight).
    I will be upgrading my BOAT and have it at rank 4.

Unfortunately will not let me post my raid logs but my username is Cealsin and I am on stormrage.

Thank you all!!

203 ilvl is not that high, maybe you can get 500 dps more.
    The dps sounds okayish. Druids only deal high dps with convoke, between convokes our dps is pretty meh.

Did a quick sim of your character and with convoke you should sit at something like 6.5-7k and without convoke at something like 3-3.5k. Average over a 5 minute fight would be like 4k.

When looking at logs and parses you need to keep in mind that people with the same ilvl can still do a lot more damage with optimized stats, trinkets or use of potions. Sims are a better tool to see where you should be with your actual gear and talents.Compare your dps from your log with the dps from the sim. Look how high your dps is when bursting and what your sustained dps between burst windows is and compare how and what abilities you're using in these burst windows with the sim. Just changing the order in which you cast your CDs could make a big difference.

just doing a really brief check, i noticed a couple things.

#1 - your dot uptime is pretty bad - that's definitely something you need to work on.

#2 - never convoke in melee range. You have a whole bunch of thrashes and rakes that are just wasted casts from convoke.

#3 - idk why, but you seem to have a fairly low number of casts. I checked a log of mine (which admittedly is awful, but thats not the point), and in the same time frame I had ~10 more SS, ~10 more SF casts. (but same # of wraths) my guess would be you need to plan your movement better, but that's just a guess since I'm not gonna delve too deep into the logs. You want to try and plan your casts so you're dotting or casting SS on the move, and don't cancel long casts (read: starfire) when they're like 70% through unless absolutely necessary.

also, everything the guy above me said is pretty relevant too.

I believe the consensus is those rakes/thrashes would have been healing spells, so from a DPS perspective it doesn't really matter

Quote Originally Posted by Cealsin View Post
    I am having issues getting over a 3.3k average dps when I am told I should be sitting at around 5.5k so I must be doing something wrong. I am the only balance druid in my guild attached will be my most recent raid (tonight).
    I will be upgrading my BOAT and have it at rank 4.

Unfortunately will not let me post my raid logs but my username is Cealsin and I am on stormrage.

Thank you all!!
    You aren't using convoke to it's potential, looking at some of the fights you've used CA twice for example but only convoke twice when you could have gotten in an extra one.

1.) No potions, food etc. these can add significantly to your overall
    2.) you overcap your astral power, on some occaisions alot, this leads to loss of SS/SF casts.
    3.) Poor cd usage / management, wether it's not enough casts of convoke or celestial alignment ( for example your saving your convoke for CA, when if anything it should be the other way around, the only boss you really want to ignore this on is sludgefist) or using your personals, you died to gluttonous miasma on destroyer for example, and there as a prolonged period on altimor where you were taking damage but at no point did you barkskin.
    4.)Not casting correctly, too many unempowered lunar strikes
    5.) always be casting something, if moving and you're not talented for casting while moving durinh strafall , even if it's instant cast you want to keep your downtime to a minimum.
    6.) some fights you have bad dot management and have uptime of around 80%.
    7.) Not utilising you're talents correctly, don't run with Sotf/stellar drift if you're either not going to be aoeing or casting starfall, altimor for example you casted starfall twice despite running with stellar drift, significant damage loss right there due to the mechanics of the fight.
    Also given your low level of haste, starlord should really be your goto talent for that row for most situatuions, not Sotf.
    Last edited by [Apok]; 2021-01-14 at 03:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also consider with the introduction of the great vault of disappointment; its possible for people to have a similar ilv to you, but something like a 213 or even 226 weapon. This will greatly impact their overall damage, while still having a lower overall ilv.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Also consider with the introduction of the great vault of disappointment; its possible for people to have a similar ilv to you, but something like a 213 or even 226 weapon. This will greatly impact their overall damage, while still having a lower overall ilv.
    Except for in this case thats not the issue. The diifference between ilvl upgrades on a weapon and not on other pieces is not the difference between a 10th percentile parse and 90th percentile parse.

The issue is entirely down to the player themselves and bad play.
    Again one of the biggest thing's highlighted is either your lack of awareness or focus, dying to boss mechanics and being idle for 50-75% of a kill because you have never used the mitigation available to you is unforgivable, never using barksin or healthstones when you have them available is unforgivable.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...es=2&source=12

Is the log for the players guild dated 06/01.

out of 7 bosses the player died on 4 of the kills sometimes to stupid things that could have been avoided, such as Sludgefists charge.
    0 healthstones used, 0 barksin casts.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=summary

As previously mentioned there are several issues which are causing the lower dps, lowest of these is the ilvl of their upgrades, first and foremost it's a player issue, but thats why they came for help, hopefully.

most recent log, 1 healthstone usage throughout the raid, no barkskin casts.

-snip- Thank you all!!
    Do not take this as flame, but here's a more visual representation of some of the mistakes you've been making.

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/ta3gH...ndard/timeline

Note: bottom left click "Continue anyway" and go to Timeline among the other options.

If this doesn't help you see exactly how and why your damage is for lack of a better word, unacceptable; oof.

Again, not trying to be rude and I'm glad you've reached out for some help.

DM me if you want any further analysis or help!
    Last edited by DazManianDevil; 2021-01-14 at 06:49 PM.

I will be upgrading my BOAT.
    You could say...

Last edited by whywhatwhowhenhow; 2021-01-15 at 02:02 AM.