Where to start at 60?

Fresh 60 I haven't been able to play much but now I finally have time. I just hit 60 the other day and I'm wondering where to start ? Should I finish my covenants campaign? I'm just a little lost right now. Some guidance would be much appreciated!

On a joke note, I would say you could start with logging out, shift deleting and unsubbing.
    But if you really want to play, yes, do the covenant story, it is not gated anymore. Access Thorgast and go as much as the week allows, maybe you get 1 legendary.
    Meanwhile, if you like dungeons, queue for HC runs to get some gear to help you kill mobs faster.
    Do the world boss in Revendreth, maybe you get a nice shiny.
    Buy 151 ilvl gear from AH, is dirt cheap and, again, it helps you (especially if you don't have any gear to queue for heroic dungeons - buy crated gear and do normal dungeons).

It all depends on what exaclty is your target.

Covenant campaign is a good place to start and once you get some gear from that and world quests you can do dungeons or battlegrounds (or both) which leads to more gear and higher difficulties. So on so forth, just the typical end game in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by ballsacula69 View Post
    Fresh 60 I haven't been able to play much but now I finally have time. I just hit 60 the other day and I'm wondering where to start ? Should I finish my covenants campaign? I'm just a little lost right now. Some guidance would be much appreciated!
    Unlock Covenant. Buy tier 1 of each building with Anima. Do Campaign and get easy gear for free (ignore the "buy 151" advice above). Spend rest of your anima on upgrading the set. Enjoy the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to assume you pug everything. To be efficient, you want to get renown as fast as possible, so world boss, emmisaries, campaign quests, dungeons/pvp, etc... all give renown. Bank all of your anima, don't spend it. As you get gear from your campaign quests, you can use anima to upgrade it all to 197. Once you've got all the campaign gear to 197, you can farm some pvp to get rings/necklace/trinket and upgrade them to 197 as well with honor, or try to get them through mythic+. Keep in mind that gear from M+ is much more rare than it used to be. If you want, you could buy the ilvl 200 darkmoon trinket for gold.

At that point, you should have around a 197 average ilvl, and then you choose the content you're interested in, ie. normal raids, m+, or rated pvp. Regardless of your preference, it's still a good idea to join groups for yolo RBGs, as you will get 1400+ rather quickly and can buy 207 gear from that.

Assuming you finished the main story and chose a covenant, the first part of the covenant campaign introduces you to the main endgame systems. Particularly get into Torghast and do the Runecarver quests to unlock Legendaries. Doing the covenant campaign, as much as renown will allow, will give you upgradeable gear (up to 197 I think) for most slots.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Finish Covenant Story, unlock 197 upgrade, upgrade all setpieces with anima to 197, exchange the weapon token for a 187 weapon in your sanctum. Do not worry about renown to much, you'll get up with whatever stuff you do (Worldboss, Callings, Dungeons, Campaign, Dungeons...)
    (If you really want you can go grind honor for a neck, cloak, 2 rings and 2 trinkets.)
    Inbetween this, do quest-runs in Torghast + regular Torghast wings as high as you feel comfortable. You do NOT have to do Layer 8 every week - it's enough to just go lower. As soon as you have enough soulash, craft your first 190 (1250ish soul ash), or directly go one rank higher 210 (2000ish soul ash). The most important part is the effect, not the stats.
    Twisting Corridors are NOT required to do any content. As soon as you get there via a quest, simply do the first 6 floors 3 times.

Start going each dungeons once on heroic, just so that you've seen them, go mythic afterwards. When you feel comfortable go M+2 to 4 multiple times, so that you see these mechanics in dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    On a joke note, I would say you could start with logging out, shift deleting and unsubbing.
    But if you really want to play, yes, do the covenant story, it is not gated anymore. Access Thorgast and go as much as the week allows, maybe you get 1 legendary.
    Meanwhile, if you like dungeons, queue for HC runs to get some gear to help you kill mobs faster.
    Do the world boss in Revendreth, maybe you get a nice shiny.
    Buy 151 ilvl gear from AH, is dirt cheap and, again, it helps you (especially if you don't have any gear to queue for heroic dungeons - buy crated gear and do normal dungeons).

It all depends on what exaclty is your target.
    This is a horrible advise. You get free gear when doing the campaign, no need to use up gold that you'll need for your legendary.