Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Mythic plus is pretty worthless now.
    PvP is the much faster way to gear up.

The PvPers in our guild are sitting at 220 ilvl now.
    They haven't even finish a +12

Everyone who spammed mythics is at 210 to 215
    8/10 Mythic raider here and can confirm PVP is insanely OP for gear. I'm 223 ilvl and most of my gear is either BoEs from AH, weekly vault or PVP. A lot of pvp gear. PVP gear is just so good because you can target your weakest slots while raiding is pure rng and you can go 2 weeks without looting a single item. Farming mythic trash is more gear per hour than killing mythic bosses. At this point we can extend and I will be full 226 in 2 weeks from just capping conquest. I'm also a tank so all the vers is amazing for me, bring back PVP power/resilience pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearlof View Post
    Then why are people farming gear? I think gear is one of the things people care for the most -.- And yet it dosnt carry over very well.
    But it does carry over well. Who will have an easier time with the new leveling content in the following expansion, those that farm gear over the whole expansion or those who ding max and ever add another piece of gear for the rest of the expansion? Heck, I had pieces of gear that managed to last me until 60 becuase they were above the ILvL that the leveling content gave me. Rather have that then be a little behind because I didn't upgrade my gear at all after dinging 60.

imagine thinking ilvl 197 is even close to caught up. Just no

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I didn't put any words in your month. The one response you said there is no point to touch Covenant upgrades and that it is content that doesn't have much value. In the next response you said that cosmetics have the highest value in WoW because they carry forward from expansion to expansion and that you should put all your anima into getting cosmetics.

You also are understanding the Covenant cosmetics. It is extremely hard to get all of the cosmetics without touching any upgrades. That is because of Grateful Offerings https://www.wowhead.com/currency=1885/grateful-offering

Without those you won't be able to buy a bunch of cosmetics. You also undermine your own argument because you have 1.5 years to focus on getting the cosmetics. Why not spend the comparatively low amount to unlock all the upgrades now? And like I already said the covenant upgrades help to earn cosmetics so their value is directly tied to that of the cosmetics they help earn.
    low amount? You have to spend over 16K anima on each of the 4 upgrades to max it out. That is before you spend any on any cosmetics. I would rather focus on grinding the anima right now towards the cosmetics and not have to grind ~50K before I even think about cosmetics. OF course, this doesn't even include that Blizzard will add more sources in the future content patches.

Again, you are putting words in my mouth. I nver said cosmetics have the highest value. I only said they have higher value than the covenant upgrades because you take the cosmetics with you and not the covenant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    low amount? You have to spend over 16K anima on each of the 4 upgrades to max it out. That is before you spend any on any cosmetics. I would rather focus on grinding the anima right now towards the cosmetics and not have to grind ~50K before I even think about cosmetics. OF course, this doesn't even include that Blizzard will add more sources in the future content patches.
    16k? That it? That isn't a large amount. You are limited on souls not anima for upgrades. You keep ignoring how the upgrades directly effect cosmetic acquisition. You assigned value beyond things you leave behind each expansion. Gear, Upgrades, and every thing else that isn't a cosmetic gets left behind each expansion. The logical conclusion is that you are assigning cosmetics to have the highest value so I am not putting words in your mouth. I am using your own words and arguments that keep saying cosmetics are super valuable.

There are some cosmetics you won't even get with out doing the minigames and the upgrades directly impact what you get and how fast you will get it. You keep saying cosmetics are valuable and ignoring every single way the covenant upgrades work. Which is dumb.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Someone who has so bad gear that 197 gear is an upgrade for him doesn't get that gear for "free". He has to choose between spending anima on his covenant, buying transmog etc OR upgrading his gear.
    Anima also takes time to get. It wouldn't surprise me if it was more time efficient to spam BGs to get honor gear than to farm anima to spend on gear. It is probably the worst way to upgrade your gear.

16k? That it? That isn't a large amount. You are limited on souls not anima for upgrades. You keep ignoring how the upgrades directly effect cosmetic acquisition. You assigned value beyond things you leave behind each expansion. Gear, Upgrades, and every thing else that isn't a cosmetic gets left behind each expansion. The logical conclusion is that you are assigning cosmetics to have the highest value so I am not putting words in your mouth. I am using your own words and arguments that keep saying cosmetics are super valuable.
    This is false. Last I checked our gear doesn't go completely blank when you hit hte next expansion.

You do not leave gear behind. You use the gear to level in the next expansion. As I said before, who is easier, trying to level in the new expansion withtout having upgraded your toon at all during the previous expansion, or the new gear you will obtain.

There are some cosmetics you won't even get with out doing the minigames and the upgrades directly impact what you get and how fast you will get it. You keep saying cosmetics are valuable and ignoring every single way the covenant upgrades work. Which is dumb.
    Because you do not need the upgrades save rank 1 of the anima conductor to get said cosmetics. You will get all the greatful offerings you need simply doing the special treasure chest each day. Those upgrades only make things go fast, not make things go from impossible to possible.

16k? That it? That isn't a large amount. You are limited on souls not anima for upgrades.
    While that is true, souls unlock faster as time progresses, while anima remains the same constant dribble. You are very much limited by anima first and foremost in 2-3 weeks. Especially if you also include time constraits that prevent you from spending 60 to 120 minutes a day of clearing the map of anima WQs.

But you are right that some of these unlocks are also needed to even get the cosmetics. Especially the unlocks for the covenant specific events/actitivities hurt ALOT as they require about 45k.

- - - Updated - - -

Because you do not need the upgrades save rank 1 of the anima conductor to get said cosmetics. You will get all the greatful offerings you need simply doing the special treasure chest each day. Those upgrades only make things go fast, not make things go from impossible to possible.
    That is not true for path of ascension, which locks 2 full armor tints of the covenant armor behind it.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-01-15 at 06:38 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    You do not leave gear behind. You use the gear to level in the next expansion. As I said before, who is easier, trying to level in the new expansion withtout having upgraded your toon at all during the previous expansion, or the new gear you will obtain.
    We do though because the gear is meaningless. There isn't WotLK where you could clear a raid in Sunwell gear. You can get all the gear you need for an easier time to level by just playing a week or two prior to launch.

Right. Grateful offerings you can get at a trickle by buying one upgrade in the conductor. You just got down saying that gear has value in a new expansion because it makes leveling easier. Doesn't that mean that the Conductor upgrades have value because they make buying those cosmetics easier? Offerings have a limited supply when compared with anima. You can easily get 10k+ in anima a week right now.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    sure, me too. but recently i wanted to do an m+ on the MM hunter with ~194ish ilvl and nothing big in rio and had to search for over an hour. +2-4 don't exist anymore and the next start at +7-8 and most are 10+. nothing to get here really, so i take every ilvl and hope the combination with the ranged dps somehow works out for an invite.
    If you play Horde on EU feel free to PM me your battletag and we can find you some keys at the level you feel is appropriate. I don't play much lately since I don't have much to do in game so I'd welcome it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    220 and haven't set foot in the raid. Haven't bought BoEs either. L U L
    PvP? Can't be 220 by having full m+ gear and vault upgrades yet, can you?
    Hi

Why anyone will save for the portal to Oribus in Tier3 of Transportation Network? just get at least 1 of the 3 guild cloak that have the on use Teleport to Oggri (horde) and be next to the portal to Oribus

if i eventually play the game (will let sub run out and be back 2 or 3 months later) i will not farm or spend the anima on that, better use on spend it on the cosmetics

if you dont know about the cloaks, here (horde version)

https://www.wowhead.com/item=65274/c...f-coordination
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=63207/wrap-of-unity
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=63353/s...of-cooperation

That Tier3 transportation Network only be worth it if the portal were 2 ways but its not, its only 1 way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    Correct. I PvP casually to fill in lower slots.
    Haven't really looked into pvp gearing. What rating would I need to get above 220 items? Was roughly 2200 in 2s in BFA. Don't care much for pvp though, I get so salty :<
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The "only cosmetics really matter" view is pretty common with more casual players. If you aren't doing progression, does gear really matter? Nah. It'll get replaced soon enough, why put in the effort? And that's a totally valid point of view too.
    The way this expansion is looking so far and given how some people speculate how 9.1 will come late, I wouldn't say this.
    Not to mention how gear and ilevel scales and if you're someone who is after cosmetics ins shadowlands where we have 4 covenants with unique features and collectibles, this becomes even less true. And then we stil don't know what is coming in regards of gear and catchup.
    There are a couple of rares that drop cosmetic items that are not the best solo experience with low ilevel. And then even as a casual cosmetic collector you need to be in the loop. By the time 9.1 comes and you still need the mount off of Famu or Violet mistake, stuff from bubbleblood, or the best example: warlord whatshisface? Necromantic anomaly in shit gear? Good luck with that.
    And then the world also scales, so you are in a softcap-race from the get go, altough when I started to kill the same things on 4 diffferently geared alts, I noticed that some mobs have the exact same hp on all of them so I'm not sure what's exactly happening. Will check out on my baby kyrian again when she dings.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    This about sums me up, As I don't care much about cosmetics and if It does not make things faster or more efficient I dont care much. But I love the Armor for alts its useless on my main as he already out gears it. The mission table I use for Soul Ash only which I have no reason to farm on my Main at this point as I have the best Legendary at highest point right now so that is sort of pointless as well. I despise WQ's and don't want to waste what little time I have to play on them I love Arenas currently and PVP in general as raiding feels like too much effort for too little of a reward, when I can get guaranteed Loot from PVP.
    I really have only one thing to say. Keep doing the ash missions. There's no cap on the currency and if a rank 4 costs 5,150 ash then who knows what rank 5 will cost when the next tier comes out.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    I level an alt with Threads + PvP, do the campaign, so let's say it will take me two days: I get the Covenant gear, weapon, and fill in rings, trinkets, and neck with PvP gear.
    The set is indeed great for alts. My DK dinged and within two days of casual play he's 179 and I have a shitty neck and ring still with a few unupgraded pieces. But it lets you skip the initial normal/heroic dungeon slog entirely and get straight to PvP, M0 and Normal raids with a bit more effort.

It's also good for laid-back players of which there are a ton. 3 people at my workplace won't raid to save their life and their endgame is basically Heroic dungeons, WQs,professions and old raids/mogging; the set is tailor made for them, and trust me, there's a lot more of these players that people on these here forums realize.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I read this somewhere as a comment on real life, and I feel it applies here as well:

There are two kinds of people:
    1. "It was hard for me, so I want it to be as hard for everyone else"
    1. "It was hard for me, so I want to ensure everyone else has an easier time".

If you're the first type, then you are the problem, not the system.

On another note, ilvls in SL are much more meaningful, so the player power of a a casual player who only does world content and gears through the campaign and wqs is gonna be significantly weaker than one that does even a normal raid, despite 5 ilvls of overall difference
    probably one of the worst things i have ever read. having it easier than the guy before you is why people aren't challenged anymore. no reason to improve, just wait for the nerf!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    Why anyone will save for the portal to Oribus in Tier3 of Transportation Network? just get at least 1 of the 3 guild cloak that have the on use Teleport to Oggri (horde) and be next to the portal to Oribus
    You should actually get all 3 of them-- they are separate cooldowns. All my characters have them, extremely useful.

This isn't about making other players go through the same hardships we did to gear up. It's about obsoleting huge swathes of group and raid content. That is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer Morningstar View Post
    The average curve players have been doing normal raids, some heroic bosses, and m10-13.
    That's what will give you 200-213 ilvl gear and that's where the "average" players are at the moment.
    Grossly Incorrect - Most WOW players do not raid at all above LFR, if even that, so the average player is nowhere near those gear levels.
    Last edited by Dinousek; 2021-01-15 at 11:48 PM.

Correct, I'd bet the average L60 player isn't even itemlvl 185 on their main. They don't have the covenant items upgraded because they don't read WoW websites and realize that's even possible. They don't do normal raids or mythic+ or competitive PvP. They maybe do heroic dungeons and LFR.

Very important to differentiate between the average posters on a WoW forum like this one and the average player. Huge chasm is open between those groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It's pretty bad, because it renders obsolete a ton of group content, including normal raiding, all from something you can get solo grinding anima.
    The covenant set also doesn’t include:

Neck
    2 rings
    2 trinkets
    Weapons

That’s 6 out of 15 slots if you use a 2h wep that you’re missing. And considered weps and trinkets typically hold a lot of power, that is quite a bit.