Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure a dev mentioned a time skip after shadowlands, and then later said that he said no such thing. So an alternate world revamp would be if next expansion takes place in future azeroth. I can't even start to think what it would look like and how it would be different, and what would make it worth an expasion. Void lords coming for azeroth? But there's zero chance they would revamp other continents like Pandaria, which would still look the same and make no sense to the player probably. Unless the only way to access those old continents is via the help of bronze dragons.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Maybe you should stop thinking about the game then.
    Dude I've been playing this game for half my life. And the reason I can't stop thinking about it is because I want it to be better. But we all know Blizz traded their passion for greed. And that is really sad tbh
    Last edited by The Saar; 2021-01-16 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Saar View Post
    Dude I've been playing this game for half my life. And the reason I can't stop thinking about it is because I want it to be better. But we all know Blizz changed passion for greed. And that is really sad tbh
    The only sad thing here is that you still can't let go, despite admitting that it isn't good for you and you can't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The only sad thing here is that you still can't let go, despite admitting that it isn't good for you and you can't do anything about it.
    It's sad because I care about one of my favorite games? Sounds to me that you're one of those people that get butthurt as soon as someone criticize the game. Maybe you should stop turning a blind eye.

Dude I've been playing this game for half my life. And the reason I can't stop thinking about it is because I want it to be better. But we all know Blizz traded their passion for greed. And that is really sad tbh
    No, WE don't know that at all. WE are playing the game, and enjoying it. Thinking a multi billion dollar game company was ever in it for the passion is just hopelessly naive.

You grew out of the game that used to be, and for some sad reason you refuse to let go.
    Just let go. Find a game you do like, and hang around that community and have some positive conversations. I guarantee you you will enjoy life more that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you really cared, you wouldn't want it replaced. no revamp. zidormi+select zones addition, potentially.
    and by the way "upgrade" is a highly subjective term. the shadowlands artstyle is notably different. cata killed wow as we knew it, your world revamp would kill blizzard's profits as they know it. they learned about their mistakes. which is why many expansion zones aren't changed, and won't ever change.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2021-01-16 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    No, WE don't know that at all. WE are playing the game, and enjoying it. Thinking a multi billion dollar game company was ever in it for the passion is just hopelessly naive.

You grew out of the game that used to be, and for some sad reason you refuse to let go.
    Just let go. Find a game you do like, and hang around that community and have some positive conversations. I guarantee you you will enjoy life more that way.
    Well I don't agree with that mentality. I respect that there are still players that enjoy the game. But that doesn't mean I can't criticize it. I mean... Im still interested in what direction wow will go. I will watch Blizzcon as I always do. Im not a wow hater, I just expressing my opinion for the game that I used to love. I don't think that is sad at all tbh.

Even if it catches your eye when you see criticism, it does not mean that you must always defend the game.
    Last edited by The Saar; 2021-01-16 at 02:21 AM.

Pretty sure the implementation of chromie time means that they never have to do a world revamp again.

Old content gets consumed by people that want it and they never have to touch it again.

Basically rebuild cata zones back into classic zones most likely and give us classic 2.0 without crappy world quest system. I Love azeroth, does not matter how it looks

Quote Originally Posted by todzilla85 View Post
    Pretty sure the implementation of chromie time means that they never have to do a world revamp again.

Old content gets consumed by people that want it and they never have to touch it again.
    Yeah and they probably wont do it either i'm afraid... But it would really benefit the game if they updated the graphics in Eastern kingdoms and Kalimdor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and they probably wont do it either i'm afraid... But it would really benefit the game if they updated the graphics in Eastern kingdoms and Kalimdor.
    You don't know if the graphics edition will be an improvement or not. given the difference in the team, it will surely be different for sure, better, there is no guarantee. as someone who like the game I can't really let such an historical world be edited randomly and turned into whatever, without letting people know that the current team/artist is different.

after all, we're talking about a game progression and involvement of over a decade for some players, so it's a big deal. imagine if you went back to your house one day and all the walls are painted orange. because someone decided it was better that way. need to think out those kinds of things.
    don't be surprised if some people coldly reject your idea after living through the cataclysm once.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2021-01-16 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    You don't know if the graphics edition will be an improvement or not. given the difference in the team, it will surely be different for sure, better, there is no guarantee. as someone who like the game I can't really let such an historical world be edited randomly and turned into whatever, without letting people know that the current team/artist is different.
    after all, we're talking about a game progression and involvement of over a decade for some players, so it's a big deal. imagine if you went back to your house one day and all the walls are painted orange. because someone decided it was better that way. need to think out those kinds of things.
    If they did it basically the same but with updated graphics? Different team or no, I don't see how that could go wrong lol. I mean... this is graphics from 2004 dude... Think it needs a facelift, yeah?
    Last edited by The Saar; 2021-01-16 at 02:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they did it basically the same but with updated graphics? Different team or no, I don't see how that could go wrong lol.
    then maybe it's better if you don't find out before it's too late.
    it's like warcraft 3 reforged: what could have possibly gone wrong?

I feel like a time skip is coming

A world revamp will never happen again. After Cata they realized how resource intensive it was and how much it hampered end game development. Add to that that we now have Chromie Time so it could be content that only a small fraction of people would ever see.

this is graphics from 2004
    This is completely disingenuous. Every expansion has had new assets introduced and with more recent expansions, updated and replaced.
    Last edited by Jurani; 2021-01-16 at 07:18 AM. Reason: quote

Quote Originally Posted by Versatia View Post
    well, during the kyrian questline, you go to redirdge, which is under attack by the scourge, and this dude dies.
    after that, you aint hearing shit of it, so im wondering what happend there, and in other places. and we dont know much time passes while in the shadowlands....

well just have to wait to find out.
    In that questline you're looking into the memories of the soul of how he passed. Those events of scourge attacks are the events of the prepatch, so don't get your hopes up too much. It's not an unknown mystery, not to the player character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    We've already in wow 3.0. Classic wow, up to WotLk was Wow 1.0. Wow 2.0 was Cata to WoD. Wow 3.0 is Legion which finishes with SL.
    I mean, thematically "WoW 2.0" ended with Legion, since that was the end of an arc which had been progressively building up from Cataclysm-WoD. MoP had HUGE hints towards an impending legion invasion, so saying that "WoW 2.0" ended with WoD is kinda weird

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    then maybe it's better if you don't find out before it's too late.
    it's like warcraft 3 reforged: what could have possibly gone wrong?
    I see what you're saying, but thats a different story imo. I don't think they put any serious effort or resources into that project. If there is one thing all wow fans can agree on is that the art team of wow is doing a great job!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jurani View Post
    A world revamp will never happen again. After Cata they realized how resource intensive it was and how much it hampered end game development. Add to that that we now have Chromie Time so it could be content that only a small fraction of people would ever see.

This is completely disingenuous. Every expansion has had new assets introduced and with more recent expansions, updated and replaced.
    Not in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms?

I think next expansion Blizzard will allow Horde and Alliance PvE grouping. Reason why is because of how time works in the Shadowlands, so when we exit it could be years and years in the future making it a perfect opportunity to write it into the Lore.

Im not gonna lie... I was expecting more people to be like: "hell yeah". And maybe come come up some cool new ideas. Seems like most ppl is fine with 2004 graphics... which is... kinda weird.