Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Most OP specs for Torghast?

By now everyone has tried a few specs for Torghast. Wondering what you all think are the most OP specs for that content.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    By now everyone has tried a few specs for Torghast. Wondering what you all think are the most OP specs for that content.
    My absolute favorite I keep going back to is:

Mistweaver with Ancient Teachings Legendary, Corrosive mist priority, with haste/crit, Blackout kick improvements.

My best run was 5x Corrosive and was hitting upwards of 174% haste. Vivify was casting about .6/.7 seconds each cast and critting for 15k heals which in turn put out 30k+ damage each cast
    Last edited by Locruid; 2021-01-20 at 07:12 AM.

Balance with enough Convoke modifiers is one of the most ridiculous things you can ever witness.

But this:

...takes the cake imo.

Cleared L8 Corridors last weekend with Mistweaver Monk.
    Verdict: if you don't know the best powers/combos, it's pretty much impossible. If you do, it's easy, almost broken.

I think Monks only have 1 viable build, and that is utilizing Corrosive Dosage (at 5 stacks, common power) as your main damage ability (this means your basic heal spell that all Monk specs have will create a 3sec cloud around you that damages all around you, and this damage is so absurdly high that you can kill everything with it. You can also apply it to your summoned Celestials, so that you have multiple of them active for a few seconds. While this is a ton of damage, it also is pretty much the only way to be able to achieve enough damage to even kill the higher bosses. All other powers are bad in comparison.

In addition to that, you can have a Touch of Death with 0 cooldown (instant cast) that works on up to 4 targets at once. This is your go-to ability for normal mobs, which means you can easily one-shot 4 of them at a time, and even elites/bosses when in execute range. There's also a talent that increases your max HP during Fortifying Brew by +500% or so, making ToD hit even harder because it deals damage factoring in your max HP.
    It's not a requirement, you can also kill everything with Corrosive Dosage, but ToD is faster and more fun on normal mobs.

As for defenses, at first you need a bit of HP, so getting the "+2% max HP per Mawrat killed" power early on is very good, and other +maxHP powers. Then, you need the combo of "Ever-Tumbling Stone" and multiple roll charge upgrades. When you have Ever-Tumbling Stone and 5-6 roll charges, the fun begins. Ever-Tumbling Stone basically means that: when you enter a floor, you use 5-6x Chi Torpedo. This will grant you a ~2-2.5min damage immunity. During this immunity, nohting can harm you, and you should (or have to) use it to kill the floor end boss or the boss on that floor. After you killed the boss, you can clear the rest of the floor, using the rest of the immunity or (when it has run out) simply using your buffed HP pool and several defensive abilities.
    The temporary immunity is probably necessary for the later bosses because they can easily one-shot you (no matter what other defensive powers you chose).

It looks like this when you do it right:

So it's all about getting the required power combos and using them correctly. If you don't get them or use different powers, it's probably impossible to do as a Monk. So you have the choice between impossible or easy. Nothing in-between, it seems.
    This gameplay is also the same for all Monk specs. It should be slightly easier as a Brewmaster due to more HP and better defensives, but you can also play it like this as a MW or WW.
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2021-01-20 at 07:56 AM.

Venthyr Arms Warrior. Did the last boss of Layer 7 with 19k HP. You have 100% parry uptime, Condemn from 100%-0%, Condemn stuns, & if you get the power before the boss you can spam it nonstop for 90 seconds.

I'm pretty sure I could do TC layer 8 as Arms in 140 gear.

Prot pala - TC 1M dps unkillable machine.
    Normal TG - Pulling two or three rooms from the start at layer 8 and just killing everything. Requires some skill tho, but pulling one room at the time (including elites/rares/boss) should be ok.

I have a prot pally, I enjoy getting extra damage and charges on my hammer mixed with some other skills like haste and it’s rather fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Infinite Condemn Stun-spam is hilariously OP. I feel like a bully.

Looking marvelous in velvet.

Hello as someone who has plenty of time at hand, and liking to help others, I would say i'm qualified enough to give a proper answer to this thread in terms of most op specs. as I've cleared twisting nether multiple times.

first of all we need to understand the concept if we are solo, or duo, etc. because it matters greatly. As well as whether it is just a wing or twisting nether.

To simplify, for just a wing as in 6 floors, tanks pulls ahead due to the ability of mass pull and insta run through (or if you are super end game geared, stealth through as druid rogue and just try to kill boss without that many powers)

but twisting nether, things changes.

A balance druid is kinda slow in Twisting nether but if they stack convoke CD rude + Dmg Increase powers, as well as get Starsurge +20% dmg powers = they can do some nasty damage but this requires you to go through like 10 floors collecting powers. So if we can call "boomie" for "Late Game" then they would be strongest.

When it comes to "eairly game" then Arcane mage are very good as well as demo Lock, they eairly on get so much power, where the ceiling constantly increases, I believe arcane mage is already linked above, and as long as the warlock doesnt die, their army of pet will definitely take thorgast entirely down.

But then comes to the question "what is the most broken thing you can do in thorgast" which i believe this thread wants to answer.

And the answer is, to duo it. Balance druid + Blood DK.

Balance druid power setup:
    - Get all Convoke powers
    - Get all Starsurge powers
    (Shapeshift wrath actually ends up doing more dmg than starsurge, so you can do this too)
    - Most important : Permanent roars (if you shapeshift you cast this spell)

Blood DK power setup:
    - Chains combinations.

Blood Dk's have several abilities involving their chains of ice. They can do the following things
    - a lot of chains at one, it's like AoE
    - Several stack of chains of ice, so it feels like no cooldown
    - Chained opponents shares damage, and they receive additional damage from any sources +50% (this means that if a boomie hits 10k, then Death knight deals 10k + 50% = 15k ) so when boomie hits 10k, 25k damage is dealt in total. P.s. this power can be stacked 3 times. so +50% is +150% and +15k dmg ends up being +45k so 10k = 55k dmg.

Gameplay:

- Balance Druid Roar Spams, so Blood DK rushes very fast, chains every mob in the floor.
    - Balance Druid can freely starfall with the shapeshift power
    - Starfall + 150% additional damage kills everything
    - You now complete floors within 1min . like I tried clearing one floor on 12-15 secs. we just ran through.
    - during heavy aoe, Blood Dk can do millions of DPS.

Balance Druid = Kills Single Target focus such as bosses
    Blood DK = Kills AoE

so I would say Blood DK + Balance Druid = most OP combo in Thorgast.

The most OP spec? The Anima Power Disappearing Rogue spec. You get the best common powers and then see them quietly disappear as you get progressively weaker each floor. Mmmmm...

15+ Year Old Account
    Out of 3 classes I have tried, windwalker's corrosive mist or whatever it's called is by far the strongest and funniest. Just heal yourself and everything melts around you, bosses included if you can stack it a little bit. Balance druid's has been the weakest so far, at least if you don't want to keep changing shapes.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

meanwhile, we rogues far from getting one-shot power combos we get a bunch of powers that don't work lol. Hope they fixed it with the restarts

Playing a warlock in thorgast is like fighting target dummies for an extended period of time. There is 0 mechanics you need to do, nothing to dodge, interrupt etc. It's not fast, but it's extremely stupid in its own way. A massive design failure.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I got some really fun ones in the last Twisting Corridors. I play elemental shaman and ended up with the "BL each time you drop a totem" and "Ascendance each time you BL" paired with a ton of the "15% extra haste while BL is up" and the LvB ones. Paired with the Windspeaker legendaries, my entire rotation was just ES+LvB, which was fun on bosses or big elites.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Guardian Druid. After the first 5-6 floors you're down to activating barkskin on cd, walking and looting. No other keys/skills needed.

monks for trashclearing with both their insane vivify aoe and the 5target touch of death without cd build.
    Arcane mage for bosses, my highest crit sofar is 7.4million.
    and hunter/priest for supporting the monk/mage in groups with their 100% more dmg boosts

Overall id say monks are the S-teir throgast runners.
    With mage, druid and myabe warr being the A-teir.
    rest would be B-teir.
    Hunter and roues C-teir, they don't have much going for them compared to other classes atm.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2021-01-20 at 09:59 AM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

I've only played it as necro destruction warlock (202 ilvl), but my favorite broken thing to do is essentially one-shot the floor 18 boss of twisting corridors. To do this, I take as many of Chaotic Effigy and Smoking Ash Pile as I can find. I also go for multiple stacks of Malevolent Stitching and bag a Fleeting Frenzy Potion. Around floor 15, I take incinerate off my bars, and let Chaotic Effigy stack as high as I can get it. This is easier if you have Tainted Blood Vial, but shard generation is also supplemented by Mark of Borrowed Power and Realmlord's Insignia.

Anyway, when I get to the final boss I execute my plan. Fleshcraft>Dark Soul: Instability>Decimating Bolt>Fleeting Frenzy Potion>Incinerate. Done correctly, the boss will fall over dead and your meter will look something like this.

Rogue + Sepsis Power (deal 15% of targets health to 3 nearby enemies every tick) + Splitting blob boss = 1m DPS. I shit you not.

Apart from rogues taking advantage of the Jailor trigger necrolord mistweaver monk with 6+ stacks corrosive acid and bonedust epic will obliterate both trash and bosses.

Single target arcane mages imho take the cake, last week I've had a 16 million crit out of invis (and with perked missdirection from a hunter).

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Playing a warlock in thorgast is like fighting target dummies for an extended period of time. There is 0 mechanics you need to do, nothing to dodge, interrupt etc. It's not fast, but it's extremely stupid in its own way. A massive design failure.
    There are attacks that can kill a raidboss blueberry/Felguard if you don't interrupt, on floors 16/17 of Layer 7/8 Twisting Corridors. Maybe earlier if you get two or three Mort'regars and a ton of +magic damage. (maybe it's more that it kills you rather than your pet but still)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.