Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    Answer the question bro, whats your raid percentile? .
    How does that relate to how much you try ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You care way too much about other players in a game you permanently quit.
    havent yet found the replacement to the 16hours a day i used to put into the game, still got 2 days left on my sub but there is no reason to log in, legit none, never felt this way and i dont know where to channel my sadness/anger about it.

letting off some steam towards the crapshow that now infests the community gives some satisfaction.

waiting for the weather to get a bit nicer going to concentrate on building a chicken coop.

You realise percentile is relative to the other players? If more people performed at the level of a current 90th percentile then the current 90th percentile would go lower and the 90th percentile would be harder to achieve.

Also, M+? You can have great success in pugs if you play the game all the time, because the whole idea of the RIO system is that it rewards experience, so people that are behind the experience curve will only get invited by others behind the experience curve, which means they are constantly stuck in a rut. The later you are to the party the harder it is to climb the ladder without a hand up, no matter how skilled you are. And then at the end of it even if you're clearing 15's it only drops ilvl210 and nobody with less than ilvl210 is getting invited to 15s in pugs.

That's not even considering the meta spec bias, when you have valuable keys you get 100 people signing up you will only invite the best specs. That also causes some to soar and others to rot, so a lesser spec will get less invites and gear slower, also causing their RIO score to fall behind the curve compounding the issue. People with good RIO don't sign up to keys posted by lesser experienced players, and they don't invite lesser experienced players.. The exceptions are social/friend groups or boosting.

And it's not unfashionable to be good, players are better than ever. But saying that a 90th percentile is "the most basic thing" is so dumb because you're ignoring that it's a comparison verses other players. Anyway have a look at some meme rankings from when I was less casual.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    How does that relate to how much you try ?
    relates to how much you know the game, how good a player you are, you dont even have to try to get a good raid percentile, to a good player its basics and almost effortless, just a bit of research, a bit of clever farming maximising your gear and bobs your uncle.

So someone really really really really tries and they cant get 60percentile, they are bad. someone doesnt try and gets 90 percentile, they are good. thats the difference!!!!! and exactly my point!!!! so many pretenders

I see sub 60 percentiles ... Absolute pleb, l2p.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You realise percentile is relative to the other players? If more people performed at the level of a current 90th percentile then the current 90th percentile would go lower and the 90th percentile would be harder to achieve.

Also, M+? You can have great success in pugs if you play the game all the time, because the whole idea of the RIO system is that it rewards experience, so people that are behind the experience curve will only get invited by others behind the experience curve, which means they are constantly stuck in a rut. The later you are to the party the harder it is to climb the ladder without a hand up, no matter how skilled you are. And then at the end of it even if you're clearing 15's it only drops ilvl210 and nobody with less than ilvl210 is getting invited to 15s in pugs.

That's not even considering the meta spec bias, when you have valuable keys you get 100 people signing up you will only invite the best specs. That also causes some to soar and others to rot, so a lesser spec will get less invites and gear slower, also causing their RIO score to fall behind the curve compounding the issue. People with good RIO don't sign up to keys posted by lesser experienced players, and they don't invite lesser experienced players.. The exceptions are social/friend groups or boosting.

And it's not unfashionable to be good, players are better than ever. But saying that a 90th percentile is "the most basic thing" is so dumb because you're ignoring that it's a comparison verses other players. Anyway have a look at some meme rankings from when I was less casual.
    very nice mate, and i know how the game works and so do you i can see that.

kill timers one of the most important ingredients to a top log but lets take someone like you, would you be below 90 percent if the kill timer didnt fit with a perfect 2nd big cd? good players dont have excuses thats all the point im making.

healing logs depend on how many healers there are and also how bad a raid is. if they are excecuting perfectly, using defensives and taking no damage where is the hps coming from?

i know how the game works, no doubt you do to, we could have a conversation and a half about the game. most of these people do not know the basics yet they run around with there 40 percentile playing there viable class claiming they are something.

do you know long its been since i seen a player with logs like that...... refreshing to know people like you still exist.

i am like you, when i put the effort in my logs are like that, but my problem with this expansion is i can see there is no reason to put that kind of effort in because i dont have other players like me/you to play with to reach where i want to reach so it will just be a complete waste of time like bfa was, banging my head against a wall of casuals.

you get my point? whether you agree/disagree i respect you and could have a conversation, thats what i miss, having conversations and knocking heads with genuine good players, its like they dont exist anymore.
    Last edited by odamienskii; 2021-01-17 at 05:35 AM.

Answer the question bro, whats your raid percentile? lets see how many of these guys that comment actually have 90+

my guess will be NONE, nothing but pretend gamers in this social community now.
    Look up Eleria-Stormreaver nothing but 95-99 and you sound like a little bitch.

relates to how much you know the game
    Still not sure how raid percentile marks anything apart from how lucky you are to find a good raid group.

You may need to revaluate your measurement ... as it offers no connection to how much you try, how much you know, or how good you are.

You seem to be the sort of person that equates your wealth with how much you tried, or how skilled you are... a similar error.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    On topic:
    Yeah, why isn't everyone parsing in the 90th percentile!!!!! Scrubs!

---
    Off Topic
    havent yet found the replacement to the 16hours a day i used to put into the game, still got 2 days left on my sub but there is no reason to log in, legit none, never felt this way and i dont know where to channel my sadness/anger about it.

letting off some steam towards the crapshow that now infests the community gives some satisfaction.

waiting for the weather to get a bit nicer going to concentrate on building a chicken coop.
    Holy shit, really? 16hrs a day? I hear people do this kind of thing but I just never really believe it. 16hrs a day?!??!?! Jesus. How the hell do you, or anyone, manage that?

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    On topic:
    Yeah, why isn't everyone parsing in the 90th percentile!!!!! Scrubs!

---
    Off Topic

Holy shit, really? 16hrs a day? I hear people do this kind of thing but I just never really believe it. 16hrs a day?!??!?! Jesus. How the hell do you, or anyone, manage that?
    it used to be common mate and players like this would be easy to find, but not anymore, thats my problem and where i have really come unstuck to find anyone like me, its like all the commited players left.

Honestly playing horde this expansion feels like when i was playing alliance in bfa, there is no stepup in level anymore, only pretenders collecting there wellfare rio on the easy week with there viable classes, i needed more than that. blizzard closed the window to find these players to such a short time period its now impossible because they have already taken the boat into the 17s/18s minimum, i missed the boat due to getting tripped by a skyfury totem.

and wow it just dawned on me how bad alliance must be now if horde is like this. WOW

completely missing the point, i dont raid, i rank high when i do, why dont others?

what i wrote: keep feeding yourself those lies so you can live under the illusion that your good
    Because your raid took a ton of extra damage that's avoidable leading to you being able to heal more than was even needed in the first place.

At least looking at Shriekwing, a lot of damage from Earsplitting Screech which you're supposed to line of sight in the first place.

If your healing parse is high, it's either because
    A) you're running less healers
    or
    B) your raid is taking more damage than needed.

Mind you, this doesn't invalidate overcoming either hurdle, that is a sign of a good healer. But the point is, to act like it's some form of supremacy is a bit silly, especially considering DPS and tanking parses work differently.

Also as pointed out, 90 parses isn't just a "good player" thing, that's an "excellent" range, or padding damage/getting Power Infusion

I remember back in previous expansions when it was an insult to be called a casual, now everyone identifies as one.

So you think your good, whats your raid percentile?

Tryhards, good players etc will raid and will have a high percentile because they hold themselves to a good standard, if your a good player then 90 percentile every boss is easily achievable EVEN IF YOU DONT RAID.

- i dont have the gear
    answer - if you tried then you would know where to get the gear, its easily obtainable in pvp, pug raiding, m+

- but m+ doesnt give you gear
    if your depleting keys because you dont know how to recognise a good/bad party before the key starts then yes, you will receive 50% less gear from a depleted key and the worst player in the party? he will be the one getting the single item....100% chance
    need a trinket? how about grind that dungeon untill it drops, is that trying to hard? because in previous expansions that was normal.

- but i dont pvp
    i cannot put into words how easy and free 1400 rating is, with a bit of a push and some practice 1600 is easily achievable. 213s.....free, why not.....try? why not learn? i see lots of players making parties saying "new pvper" fair play to them! at least they are putting in some effort in something thats completely new to them.

- ive had bad luck in raids with gear
    there is plenty from other areas, back in the day you would make a bis item list, now is no different except you have 3/4 and even 5 avenues to get gear from that are 197 minimum ilvl.

- i have bad stats
    same as above, you have 3/4 and 5 avenues to choose your gear for free, if your low on haste which is a vital stat, why not look through the campaign gear list see if there is something slightly less ilvl with significatntly more haste? and run some sims? bg honor farming also have multiple choice items where you choose your stats 197 ilvl.

- my class isnt very good
    This is easily the most frustrating response i have seen, your percentile is judged based on you against other people of your class only, i never forget when all my logs were 99 in mop and someone was flaming me about how im only them ranks because im disc and disc is op.........its vs other discs.....donut.

if your 30 percentile what this ultimately means if your a fire mage, if you put 10fire mages in a fight you will finish 7th.

- i dont even raid fully
    does that mean that you cant go to warcraft logs, read some logs see what works and adjust what you have to be the best you can be? means you cant sim? again, just because you dont fully raid doesnt mean you cant rank high when you pug/do

Now, there are people that dont care about ranks, i get that. thats cool. perfectly acceptable, these are genuine socials. whats not perfectly acceptable is to be rocking round the game pretending to be a good player when you cant even achieve the most basic of thing a semi decent player could achieve.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...raenor/swiftiq

i do not raid, i still achieve 98 median

This game has become strictly social, it is now unfashionable to be good, whats more important is having a laugh with your virtual pretend friends from 600 miles away that you never even shared a coffee with.

Im not insecure in the sense that il get upset if you tell me i have no friends, i dont have any friends in the game, i dont need friends in the game and i dont want friends in the game, what i logged in for was a good level of play, not buddies that stand in fire and laugh about it.

Im a loser right? whos really the loser here? your all playing a game for social interaction, at least i wasnt that sad.

yOUR a tRYHARD wITH nO fREINDS. your all welcome to each other, enjoy standing in fire, dieing to interuptable spells with your unenchanted gear while using the wrong rotation, at least you can all laugh about it with your "friends" when you fail or worst case scenario you can just blame the healer to protect your ego.
    Parsing well doesn't make you a tryhard. It makes you someone good at the game. And that's great, everyone wants to be good at the multiplayer games.

Making a post with this kind of an attitude is what makes you a tryhard. That last line tells me you take this game FAR too seriously.

And you've parsed well on 4 total bosses, in early heroic. Congrats. I can tell it means a lot to you.
    Last edited by Wheeler; 2021-01-17 at 05:45 AM.

I remember back in previous expansions when it was an insult to be called a casual, now everyone identifies as one.

Tryhards, good players etc will raid and will have a high percentile because they hold themselves to a good standard, if your a good player then 90 percentile every boss is easily achievable EVEN IF YOU DONT RAID.

- i dont have the gear
    answer - if you tried then you would know where to get the gear, its easily obtainable in pvp, pug raiding, m+

if your depleting keys because you dont know how to recognise a good/bad party before the key starts then yes, you will receive 50% less gear from a depleted key and the worst player in the party? he will be the one getting the single item....100% chance
    need a trinket? how about grind that dungeon untill it drops, is that trying to hard? because in previous expansions that was normal.

- but i dont pvp
    i cannot put into words how easy and free 1400 rating is, with a bit of a push and some practice 1600 is easily achievable. 213s.....free, why not.....try? why not learn? i see lots of players making parties saying "new pvper" fair play to them! at least they are putting in some effort in something thats completely new to them.

there is plenty from other areas, back in the day you would make a bis item list, now is no different except you have 3/4 and even 5 avenues to get gear from that are 197 minimum ilvl.

- i have bad stats
    same as above, you have 3/4 and 5 avenues to choose your gear for free, if your low on haste which is a vital stat, why not look through the campaign gear list see if there is something slightly less ilvl with significatntly more haste? and run some sims? bg honor farming also have multiple choice items where you choose your stats 197 ilvl.

This is easily the most frustrating response i have seen, your percentile is judged based on you against other people of your class only, i never forget when all my logs were 99 in mop and someone was flaming me about how im only them ranks because im disc and disc is op.........its vs other discs.....donut.

if your 30 percentile what this ultimately means if your a fire mage, if you put 10fire mages in a fight you will finish 7th.

- i dont even raid fully
    does that mean that you cant go to warcraft logs, read some logs see what works and adjust what you have to be the best you can be? means you cant sim? again, just because you dont fully raid doesnt mean you cant rank high when you pug/do

Now, there are people that dont care about ranks, i get that. thats cool. perfectly acceptable, these are genuine socials. whats not perfectly acceptable is to be rocking round the game pretending to be a good player when you cant even achieve the most basic of thing a semi decent player could achieve.

This game has become strictly social, it is now unfashionable to be good, whats more important is having a laugh with your virtual pretend friends from 600 miles away that you never even shared a coffee with.

Im not insecure in the sense that il get upset if you tell me i have no friends, i dont have any friends in the game, i dont need friends in the game and i dont want friends in the game, what i logged in for was a good level of play, not buddies that stand in fire and laugh about it.

Im a loser right? whos really the loser here? your all playing a game for social interaction, at least i wasnt that sad.

yOUR a tRYHARD wITH nO fREINDS. your all welcome to each other, enjoy standing in fire, dieing to interuptable spells with your unenchanted gear while using the wrong rotation, at least you can all laugh about it with your "friends" when you fail or worst case scenario you can just blame the healer to protect your ego.
    Honestly, the game just isn't fun to play at the tier you are suggesting for a lot of people; why haven't you found a guild/group to do a level of content you want with yet? You're not going to force anyone into playing your way, sorry. If you are playing this game the way you are describing, you shouldn't ever be in a situation when you are in the same group as casuals/losers/etc. (Unless your friends are the losers; in that case deal with it!)

Personally, been there done that. In vanilla I abandoned friends/family guild for progression raiding; huge waste of time in hindsight and ruined quite a few relationships in doing so. Gotta decide whats more important to you my man; I went back to 10man raids in bc/wrath and stopped raiding in cata completely (LFR was a godsend by the way, I miss the 10 man groups, but dont have time for it so I dont even bother, same with mythic+; too much effort into getting a foothold to be worth the time effort as a solo player.

No clue what the point of this thread is, but honestly I find it to be the exact opposite.
    People like you are the norm, not the exception.
    People who rather insult others and brag on a forum than actually compete and help those around them compete.
    People who think they are better than they are and try to prove it.

Its actually wild honestly.
    To be linking heroic parses of half a raid that has been out for 6 weeks.

I don't know what you wanted to prove, but my advice is settle down and find a group of people who you enjoy playing.
    Or take a break.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Still not sure how raid percentile marks anything apart from how lucky you are to find a good raid group.

You may need to revaluate your measurement ... as it offers no connection to how much you try, how much you know, or how good you are.

You seem to be the sort of person that equates your wealth with how much you tried, or how skilled you are... a similar error.
    Ok mate lower the bar a bit, 80 percentile, it still doesnt explain why these guys that claim to be good are rocking up with 40 percentile, even in bad groups a good player would be able to reach 80 percentile effortlessly. get my point now?

i dont measure my wealth by anything mate, i know how good i am thats the problem, i know how its impossible to get where i want to be without similar level brains/experienced players that have the same mindset which is why ive burnt in a ball of frustration.

premade of 5 people like me i tell you right now we would be world 5, put any of the 5 of us in a group of casuals alone every one of the 5 will struggle to complete a 16.

wow is a team based game its not solo, the highr you go the more unforgiving it is, you cant have a weak link thats being boosted in say a 18/19 its not possible.

i strived for that top level game play, and believe it or not im super chilled around top end players i NEVER rage at a good player, not even close! keys deplete all the time at a high level more than in time if anything its part and parcel, i know how the game works, but if your playing with players that are barely capable of a 16 all the time it becomes tedious no matter how relaxed you are eventually your going to lose your crap.

premades have such a HUGE advantage, not just because of the growing together.

-you can adjust routes, assign roles that once assigned everyone knows next time you dont have to sit there talking about stuff, as you go up the ladder you can look at tweaking things a the point it stops working.
    - you can come up with a routine with aoe ccs, grab in the dark but i was thinking: monk aoe stun > my incap > mage db > assigned interupts. something like this
    - you wont have the one crapper leaving at the end boss if its a deplete, you can make a collective decision whats likely to be the best path to take with the key. do we lower for a possible +2? or is the dungeon hard this week and better to get a new key.
    - you can talk with your team about where a defensive might be better used.

a premade is everything to a player like me, pugs arent good enough.

10+ Year Old Account

- i dont have the gear

- but i dont pvp

- i have bad stats

- i dont even raid fully

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...raenor/swiftiq

i do not raid, i still achieve 98 median

You're really mad and confused at the idea that other people are different than you, and I find that really funny, thanks for the laugh.

it used to be common mate and players like this would be easy to find, but not anymore, thats my problem and where i have really come unstuck to find anyone like me, its like all the commited players left.

Honestly playing horde this expansion feels like when i was playing alliance in bfa, there is no stepup in level anymore, only pretenders collecting there wellfare rio on the easy week with there viable classes, i needed more than that. blizzard closed the window to find these players to such a short time period its now impossible because they have already taken the boat into the 17s/18s minimum, i missed the boat due to getting tripped by a skyfury totem.

and wow it just dawned on me how bad alliance must be now if horde is like this. WOW
    By definition 90% of players are this bad. Of course you run into them more often. Am I taking crazy pills?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cringe cringe cringe. Get some perspective, man. It’s a video game...

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    By definition 90% of players are this bad. Of course you run into them more often. Am I taking crazy pills?
    your missing the point, most casuals with 40% will use all the excuses i wrote as to why they arent 90%, in there minds they are the 90%+ guy when they really arent.

the game is full of dillusional casuals that believe they are in the top 10% bracket when they arent even remotely close while playing there viable class, its all about perspective, i had a guy quite recently whispering me bragging about timing a 16 key, i said gg mate, rank 1000...... rank 1000 is the finest achievement this guy has ever done? he thinks he is something.....rank 1000.

in legion i was getting sub 10 world rank in keys. its all about perspective and levels.
    i finished bfa world 100 rdruid and i was damn angry about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Cringe cringe cringe. Get some perspective, man. It’s a video game...
    yes! one people use for social interaction over being good. i subscribed to this video game to play a high level, all im met with is a wall of casuals who make the same comment you have just made. its just a video game.

- written from a guy in his mothers basement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    You're really mad and confused at the idea that other people are different than you, and I find that really funny, thanks for the laugh.
    casuals wont understand what i have written, they will brush it off as l2p, good players with high logic in game will get the points im making and while they wont agree with how i have written it they will get the points ive made because....they are true.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it is just a video game...why do you take it so seriously?