Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well, I can't talk about leveling after the shadowlands level squish, but before you would do significantly more damage and top the dps meters while leveling (apart from outliners like arcane mage) if you spec heal with feral affinity (using int gear obviously, if this wasn't clear).
    You then apply sunfire and switch to cat to thrash and swipe in case of aoe, or apply your dots (incl. moonfire) in case of single target. Feels a little bit like playing classic.

Only annoying is that you have to respec every time you enter a dungeon, as it puts you into a dps spec if you queue as dps, so you need to respec to heal every single time.
    Last edited by Puri; 2021-01-29 at 09:52 AM.

If you enter a queue that hasn't started the game will automatically choose your chosen queued as spec

Someone making fun of dps in a dungeon pug where the classes are not max level, why bother giving this idiot the time of day.

Well you will not be topping damage at level 60 either. Feral can do decent damage, has decent utility, but just isn't top tier in any way. And as such you will struggle to get invited into to m+ pugs. If you like it enough to stick with it, then push your own keys. Otherwise, you could have a look at windwalker which currently does way more damage for less effort, has some unique utility and is pretty easy to pick up. Personally I enjoy them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Ygg View Post
    Well you will not be topping damage at level 60 either. Feral can do decent damage, has decent utility, but just isn't top tier in any way. And as such you will struggle to get invited into to m+ pugs. If you like it enough to stick with it, then push your own keys. Otherwise, you could have a look at windwalker which currently does way more damage for less effort, has some unique utility and is pretty easy to pick up. Personally I enjoy them both.
    WW is doing really well right now but still a very unpopular spec. They also are one of the worst scaling specs in the game. Feral is one of the best. It will be interesting to see how things look at the end of SL. It would be cool to see Feral topping things like WW is right now.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    Is this just the way it is? i had a big brohaha as someone in the group made fun of the groups dps and mine is quite low.

I am working very hard as compared to my many other toons to do absymal dps now, i try to multidot with rip, stagger the tigers fury buff on a series of attacks and if its packs do the thrash. the only thing that remotely seems like its hitting nicely is a 5 point tigers fury buffed up FB.

As i get up higher does my gap close? i am not really caring about topping charts just trying to not get booted out of groups
    anyone who complains about your dps in a levelling dungeon is an idiot. hell the way it is scaled a level 10 will out dps a level 40. there's no enrage mechanics in dungeons, as long as you do mechanics it is fine.