Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    its insane that some still insist on #nochanges.
    Not really. Ask yourself whats the point of classic if they're just going slowly inch towards retail anyway? I don't think they should have bothered with "Classicx in the first place mind you.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2021-01-22 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    And yet, the effect is the same, game becomes less responsive. Another silly thing to argue about, calm down guys
    Lol the effect isn’t even remotely close to the same dude. I have even explained it to you a millions times now and you still don’t get it.

I don't recall talking to you a million times ^^
    For a regular player the difference isn't that big. It means the effect of his actions might be visible tad later, coupled with various things seemingly happening at the same time.

"Not even remotely close" would be fine to compare a fireball spell with making a cooking fire - those things are not even remotely close ^^
    Don't overuse big words
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Not really. Ask yourself whats the point of classic if they're just going slowly inch towards retail anyway? I don't think they should have bothered with "Classicx in the first place mind you.
    Yeah if we knew ahead of time that they would have started to make #changes we could've avoided wasting the last year of a half and gotten our vanilla fix from elsewhere. If they start making changes to fundamental core features of the game who the hell knows what else they'll change in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Yeah if we knew ahead of time that they would have started to make #changes we could've avoided wasting the last year of a half and gotten our vanilla fix from elsewhere. If they start making changes to fundamental core features of the game who the hell knows what else they'll change in the future.
    You mean like they did from the start? With massive megaservers rather than 2500? Layers saying hello? Leading to layering abuse laughing at nochanges? Massive changes started at the very beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Again, it’s not artificial lag, it’s increasing the time between periods that the server is updated. These are two completely different things.
    seriously? increasing time periods is lag lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    You mean like they did from the start? With massive megaservers rather than 2500? Layers saying hello? Leading to layering abuse laughing at nochanges? Massive changes started at the very beginning.
    Which is why this has been a dumb idea since day 1. Those changes are almost all to the benefit of the game.. but so was dungeon finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Outrage for the sake of outrage..

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Then do tell. Stop with the smart ass comment and educate us. Believe it or not, some DON'T KNOW what it is.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=290910/...in-classic-wow

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Which is why this has been a dumb idea since day 1. Those changes are almost all to the benefit of the game.. but so was dungeon finder.
    So was transmog, my fav feature. Why no transmog if massive servers and layering? Or why no Draenei, my favorite race. None of the four mentioned were in actual vanilla, but two of these were added to classic. It's like the definition of slippery slope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    seriously? increasing time periods is lag lol
    Seriously? No it isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    spell batching is even realized and understood by a minority under 10% and effects 3-5% of all players maybe 20 to 50 times in their whole life.
    Then you wouldn't mind if spell batching was removed right?

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    fixing it does more harm to the game than helping the game.
    Wait I'm confused. In the first quote you said you rarely ever see it come into play, but then you go on to say it would hurt to change it? What is the benefit to keeping something that causes unintended outcomes?

Seriously? No it isn't
    lag
    /laɡ/
    verb
    1.fall behind in movement, progress, or development; not keep pace with another or others.
    "they stopped to wait for one of the children who was lagging behind"
    noun
    1 a period of time between one event or phenomenon and another.
    "there was a time lag between the commission of the crime and its reporting to the police"

What would you call it? Artificial lag, seems to capture it pretty well.

It’s not unwarranted at all actually! Someone calling spell batching the same as lag is basically the equivalent of a kid calling an fps drop lag as well.
    No, because FPS has nothing to do with how long after your action the server will process it, while batching and lag both apply precisely to this.
    It’s just silly, it’s not a subtle difference, it’s COMPLETELY different.
    I just spelled out how it's actually pretty close. Care to bother to read or do you just want to repeat your "kid" line mindlessly ?

lag
    /laɡ/
    verb
    1.fall behind in movement, progress, or development; not keep pace with another or others.
    "they stopped to wait for one of the children who was lagging behind"
    noun
    1 a period of time between one event or phenomenon and another.
    "there was a time lag between the commission of the crime and its reporting to the police"

What would you call it? Artificial lag, seems to capture it pretty well.
    I already explained it to you, it increases the time the server updates, no-one is lagging. Lag is when EVERYTHING you do is just delayed. Like I said if you have 1000ms then all your abilities will have around a 1 second delay. When the server is setup on a 400ms tick rate, you could honestly seem like every single ability is instant if you happen to fall in a certain tick.

Also, lag doesn't make abilities batch together. I could be having a 100000000ms and that will never make my shadow word death remove my pollymorph just because I'm lagging.

You are able to time a ton of abilities to batch together with this prolonged tick rate. I've explained it enough times now if you still don't get it then that's on you boo

Quote Originally Posted by echocho View Post
    we fought for this, we demanded #nochanges. We didn't want no god damn vanilla with sprinkles. They just couldn't help themselves...

Horrible. Stop making changes to the game
    wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I already explained it to you, it increases the time the server updates, no-one is lagging. Lag is when EVERYTHING you do is just delayed. Like I said if you have 1000ms then all your abilities will have around a 1 second delay. When the server is setup on a 400ms tick rate, you could honestly seem like every single ability is instant if you happen to fall in a certain tick.

Also, lag doesn't make abilities batch together. I could be having a 100000000ms and that will never make my shadow word death remove my pollymorph just because I'm lagging.

You are able to time a ton of abilities to batch together with this prolonged tick rate. I've explained it enough times now if you still don't get it then that's on you boo
    Idk who you think youre talking to but I just joined the conversation. Making abilities take time to apply is lag, period. Artificially I might add. That doesnt change if your input delay in running isnt affected, it doesnt matter if everything else is fine. Its actually more noticeable as lag with spell batching because everything else is fine. Youre arguing semantics and making up definitions.

It’s not unwarranted at all actually! Someone calling spell batching the same as lag is basically the equivalent of a kid calling an fps drop lag as well. It’s just silly, it’s not a subtle difference, it’s COMPLETELY different.
    Yo an fps drop is lag lol.. youre gpu or some other component is lagging leading to an fps drop. If it wasnt lagging behind, you wouldnt have an fps drop...
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2021-01-22 at 04:01 PM.

Idk who you think youre talking to but I just joined the conversation. Making abilities take time to apply is lag, period. That doesnt change if your input delay in running isnt affected, it doesnt matter if everything else is fine. Youre arguing semantics and making up definitions.
    /facepalm

Wow man okay, if you’re really that dense and don’t wish to learn then that’s on you.

If you actually want to learn though you can read this in the mean time

It has nothing with ‘delaying’ everyone’s abilities, even if that’s all you can notice because you don’t understand it.

/facepalm

Wow man okay, if you’re really that dense and don’t wish to learn then that’s on you.

It has nothing with ‘delaying’ everyone’s abilities, even if that’s all you can notice because you don’t understand it.
    If abilities are delayed because of a server tick, thats lag my dude. The servers are able to handle a faster tick rate, but the tick rate is artificially inflated for a sense of nostalgia.

/facepalm

Calm down, you get so worked uper over such a tiny thing ^^
    Just accept people see things differently than you
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.