Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW Classic Version 1.13.7 PTR is Now Available

WoW Classic Version 1.13.7 PTR is Now Available
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Today, we’ve opened the WoW Classic Public Test Realm (PTR) to test version 1.13.7 of WoW Classic. In this upcoming version, we intend to reduce the spell batching delay.

There are numerous class abilities and spells from Original World of Warcraft that were re-implemented in WoW Classic with spell batching in mind, and we initially expect bugs or adverse consequences with spell batching reduced. In this PTR, testers have an opportunity to join us in finding such issues. Raids and battlegrounds are available in this PTR to facilitate testing in a wide variety of game content.

• Initially, the spell batch window is set to 10 milliseconds on the 1.13.7 PTR, a reduction from the 1.13.6 live window of 400 milliseconds.

Please use the in-game bug reporter (default hotkey: mouseover+F6) in the PTR to submit your bug reports or feedback on abilities with spell batching reduced.

When logged into the PTR, you can mouse over any item, spell, or talent and press the assigned hotkey to initiate a bug report for that item or spell. Bug reports created in this way include valuable metadata about the spell, your talents, and your player-state when the bug is submitted.

If you’ve unbound your “Open Bug Report” hotkey, you can rebind it in Keybindings -> PTR.

If you wish to discuss class issues related to this update with other players, we’ve opened a new discussion thread in the WoW Classic Bug Report forum here.
    Thank you for testing WoW Classic with us!

I'm guessing this is prepartion for Fresh Classic Servers / TBC.

Well, lowering / removal of spell batching is certainly a good start, as far as i know 10ms is also the current window for batching on Retail.

Hopefully they will do more if they do plan on doing fresh servers. Remove World buffs in raids and retune a bit.
    Last edited by Felrane; 2021-01-21 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Hopefully they will do more if they do plan on dong fresh servers. Remove World buffs in raids and retune a bit.
    Removing content. Yeah, because thats gonna happen. Gees, people these days...

What the heck is spell batching?

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    What the heck is spell batching?
    To reduce processing the server handles actions in batches and not the moment the action comes in. So what can happen is that for example 2 players sheep each other, if these 2 actions are in the same batch. The length of the batches was way higher back in vanilla, so they recreated it for Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Hopefully they will do more if they do plan on dong fresh servers. Remove World buffs in raids and retune a bit.
    I personally hope those server dongs are as fresh as can be.

Wouldn't this make it impossible to get songflower buff as a group?

Sad, they at least could have reduced it to 200ms or 150ms, noticeable but not much of a problem for ADD-kids

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Sad, they at least could have reduced it to 200ms or 150ms, noticeable but not much of a problem for ADD-kids
    Yeah, if you don't like emulating shitty 2004 DSL lag that means you have ADD. Needless lag adds SOUL right?

Really solid change. Fixes One of the three biggest issues with Classic, the other two being bots & world buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    Yeah, if you don't like emulating shitty 2004 DSL lag that means you have ADD. Needless lag adds SOUL right?
    these people want vanila experience,im sure they are also playing on a toaster and a square monitor with 800x600

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Removing content. Yeah, because thats gonna happen. Gees, people these days...
    they dont need to remove it,just not have it work in raids,this wasnt even the devs intent for it to be used this way,they talked about this some time ago

This should have happened at the start of classic. Simulating internet lag from 2005 was retarded.

::anticipation for TBC intensifies::

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    these people want vanila experience,im sure they are also playing on a toaster and a square monitor with 800x600

- - - Updated - - -

they dont need to remove it,just not have it work in raids,this wasnt even the devs intent for it to be used this way,they talked about this some time ago
    "Square" aspect ratios are objectively better. It's funny that they seem to be in style again (at least professionally). I've seen people rocking huge 4:3s more and more at work lately.

Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    "Square" aspect ratios are objectively better. It's funny that they seem to be in style again (at least professionally). I've seen people rocking huge 4:3s more and more at work lately.
    yeah,i guess my wording was a little bad,its not the square thing being bad,its the size of the old square monitors,yeah i know people prefer square and its a bit of a hippy thing...but they are much bigger

Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    either that or ultra ultra wides that are basically two (or 3) 4:3s next to each other

It is important to understand that this is only affecting PvP and nothing else. In PvP if two players attack each other their attacks are often executed simultaneously because of this. So 2 mages sheeping each other usually end up being both sheeped, because the common PvP player has a reaction time far below .4 seconds. And since the usual opening in PvP is some form of CC, this happens much more often then you would expect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the idea of having fresh servers and old servers to have fun with highly geared characters in vanilla