Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Gameplay with Embers

Does someone really enjoy throwing traps all fight long ? And seeing the tank move the boss at the exact same time you use flare ?

Damn this is so clunky... I hope they'll change this, they ruined the enjoyment of the BM spec...

First day or raid was a nightmare for me you cant even see when the boss is affected or not by the trap, sometimes the boss doesnt even trigger the trap instantly and my flare is wasted...

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Does someone really enjoy throwing traps all fight long ? And seeing the tank move the boss at the exact same time you use flare ?

Damn this is so clunky... I hope they'll change this, they ruined the enjoyment of the BM spec...

First day or raid was a nightmare for me you cant even see when the boss is affected or not by the trap, sometimes the boss doesnt even trigger the trap instantly and my flare is wasted...
    I agree. It just feels weird and clunky as a rotation. Maybe change it to where you don't have to flare it would be nice.

I learned to wait for the trap to trigger to throw the flare though. Too many wasted flares.

Quote Originally Posted by bevil77 View Post
    I agree. It just feels weird and clunky as a rotation. Maybe change it to wear you don't have to flare it would be nice.

I learned to wait for the trap to trigger to throw the flare though. Too many wasted flares.
    yeah same, I do another shot between the 2, I use 2 button not a macro, didnt work as well in raids...

But seriously, I dont see myself playing all tier like that, I'll probably quit until a change if it stays the same. I was literally yelling at my screen

I dont care if MM does a bit more, just tune it so we can use another legendary at least for ST, please...

The fact a general hunter legendary is ahead of every other legendary and the BM specific legendaries says a lot about how much effort when into balancing them. Technically speaking a general legendary should never be the best, as it can be used by all 3 specs, and thus requires less investment. It's just so awkward and does not fit into the flow of the class, and sometimes it just feels really bad, like when you're in BW and you've got to use it. Not only that but it has all the hallmarks of a M+/AOE legendary, yet it's the best in ST, too.

It's also one of the only legendaries that doesn't give you a passive effect. It requires you to use, often, two GCDs to gain the benefit. Often times it's going to take 3, because if you're far from the boss and have to throw a trap, you need to delay your flare or the trap delay in activation will not register your flare despite being in the tar.

It needs to be nerfed and the others need to be buffed. Hell, the fact that the ST legendaries are so far behind a ST/AOE legendary is just.. ugh. Most people have only made the 190 version of this, probably in hopes an actual fun/good legendary gets buffed just before mythic, and I can guarantee you 95% of people would not care if it was nerfed to oblivion with alternatives buffed. If we don't see significant changes pre-mythic tuning, it's going to be a bit depressing.
    Last edited by La; 2020-12-10 at 06:53 PM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

i LOVE embers for torghast. but thats about it. fights require tons of movement and it just isn't feasible to land every trap/flare combo on cd. in torghast, where you control the pulls and positioning, its awesome and i love using it. but it just isn't practical in a group environment.

Please, at least make it so we do not need to use flare....

My issue with Embers, trying to add it in your rotation with BW with out becoming focus cap'd and missing a BS and praying the tank will not move the group of mob's or boss out of your Tar Trap before getting your flare off. This is the worst legendary and I hate using it.

Between this and being a MM caster, I choose the pain of laying traps.

10+ Year Old Account
    They just need to take flare off the GCD... Spells like that shouldn't be on the GCD anyways.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    The fact a general hunter legendary is ahead of every other legendary and the BM specific legendaries says a lot about how much effort when into balancing them. Technically speaking a general legendary should never be the best, as it can be used by all 3 specs, and thus requires less investment. It's just so awkward and does not fit into the flow of the class, and sometimes it just feels really bad, like when you're in BW and you've got to use it. Not only that but it has all the hallmarks of a M+/AOE legendary, yet it's the best in ST, too.

It's also one of the only legendaries that doesn't give you a passive effect. It requires you to use, often, two GCDs to gain the benefit. Often times it's going to take 3, because if you're far from the boss and have to throw a trap, you need to delay your flare or the trap delay in activation will not register your flare despite being in the tar.

It needs to be nerfed and the others need to be buffed. Hell, the fact that the ST legendaries are so far behind a ST/AOE legendary is just.. ugh. Most people have only made the 190 version of this, probably in hopes an actual fun/good legendary gets buffed just before mythic, and I can guarantee you 95% of people would not care if it was nerfed to oblivion with alternatives buffed. If we don't see significant changes pre-mythic tuning, it's going to be a bit depressing.
    Yes I agree 100%... Thats why I crafted it only now, i hope it will be nerfed to... ashes. I'll craft Rylak next I think I dont care if MM hunters say I'm stupid I dont wanna be a caster

The overpowered damage of that legendary seems to be offset by the clunkyness of it. Not very good design, but if it was the other way around (good usage, bad damage) it would also not be better... So yeah, pick your poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    They just need to take flare off the GCD... Spells like that shouldn't be on the GCD anyways.
    Even with that, the fact that the trap is not even instant but a slow animation, it sucks I dont care for looks >< Good Old trowing trap was instant If I remember correctly. My hunter looks stupid in raid

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post

I get not liking the legendary, but none of this logic adds up really.

Just because the legendary works for all 3 specs doesn't suddenly make it "less of an investment" to get. Hell, the legendary in question is a dungeon drop which already makes it one of the more "difficult" ones to get since the rest are 100% drop chances. And it doesn't add up considering there's other classes that also have their best being a general legendary (Locks and Demonic Synergy for example).

Lastly, why should a passive effect be stronger than one that requires you to actually do something? Using two GCDs to gain the benefit SHOULD make it stronger than others since you aren't just reaping the benefit by doing the same rotation you've been doing.

Yes I agree 100%... Thats why I crafted it only now, i hope it will be nerfed to... ashes. I'll craft Rylak next I think I dont care if MM hunters say I'm stupid I dont wanna be a caster
    I went straight to Rylak's, since our leggos are currently pretty lackluster anyway.
    I'm also pretty sure Rylak's scales the best, since we get higher uptime of BW with Haste, more crit chance with gear AND pets scale off Mastery, main stat, vers etc.
    (and it's passive and I'm lazy :3 )
    Calling it now, by end of 2nd tier Rylak's (not including balance changes) will be BiS anyway.

I don't like that they took the old explosive trap and made it a 2 GCD legendary, seems lazy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Homura15a2 View Post
    I don't like that they took the old explosive trap and made it a 2 GCD legendary, seems lazy to me.
    Not only that, but no 'immolation' effect on the ground to even see what's going on, just a debuff on the mob or boss.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Lastly, why should a passive effect be stronger than one that requires you to actually do something? Using two GCDs to gain the benefit SHOULD make it stronger than others since you aren't just reaping the benefit by doing the same rotation you've been doing.
    It shouldn't.

No effect should be more powerful than the other(speaking generally). While some, due to design might pull ahead in multi-target scenarios while others perform better ST, that is fine.

But the idea that any legendary/talent/spec, etc. etc. should be more or less powerful depending on whether they are passive or easier to make use of, is unfounded.

If people want to pick for example a lego because it's about as good as the other, but it's passive so there's less work, fine. That's their choice. If one lego requires you to actually push something, but it still performs on the same level as others? Still fine. Use it if you want, or don't.

Sure sometimes the boss is moved, sure it can feel a little trash to have to drop and then flare just to get the debuff up. But tbh its the favourite part of my rotation.

Its something different, the interaction feels really unique and when you can do a whole boss fight doing it right by choosing the right place and time to drop traps so you get the most flares into traps that you can. It actually feels rewarding.

Look at the alternatives other classes / specs have, you can have something different and fun that has a skill requirement or something passive like X ability will do more damage.

if you find it clunky maybe use other legendary then one that sims well theoreticly but is garbage i actual live enviroment ?

for example i made embers but since i feel like its super annooying to use plan to make another one the one that make bestial wrath last 20 % longer as its much easier to use and should produce decent resoults.

but thats just me casual scrub

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    if you find it clunky maybe use other legendary then one that sims well theoreticly but is garbage i actual live enviroment ?

for example i made embers but since i feel like its super annooying to use plan to make another one the one that make bestial wrath last 20 % longer as its much easier to use and should produce decent resoults.

Only embers is viable if you consider hm/mm raids. Even in mm+...

MM is already outperforming BM with embers anyway. No one wants a bm in their mm+ group

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah I'm not a fan of the gameplay. It requires to much to make use of it, 2 GCD's and the tank to play ball and keep them in so you can get a second flare without the trap since the trap and flare have different CD's. Travel time for traps vs the time you should flare play a part as it messes up your rotation. As you said certain bosses not activating the trap at all. Muh'zala I'm looking at you.

Problem is changing it to just the trap basically turns it back into explosive trap.

I really think it needs to be redesigned from the ground up. The damage is fine, but give it some thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

It's annoying but not game breaking. And embers is just superior for AOE over ST that the bestial provides.

- - - Updated - - -

Only embers is viable if you consider hm/mm raids. Even in mm+...

MM is already outperforming BM with embers anyway. No one wants a bm in their mm+ group
    It's simple enough to respec MM but then your stats priorities are skewed so you'd have a subpar MM hunter with a sub par legendary. Its simpler to just take the BM a long.