[Balance] Torghast

So, I have thoroughly enjoyed Torghast thus far this xpac; while there are limited rewards and limits at this point, it is still fun to become overpowered and do ridiculous amounts of damage.

What are your favorite builds? What build do you think does the most damage? What is the optimal build? Are you playing solo or in a group? If a group, what class do you want with you?

To me it seems that the highest damage, boss melter build, involves the increase to invoke damage ability. I take this ability 99% of the time when given the chance.

My least favorite, though highly affective, build is the entangling roots build. I wish these options didn't show up for me as often as they do.

I think my personal favorite at the moment involves two main abilities; first, the ability that casts a new spell each time we shapeshift; I mostly just go between bear and moonkin, casting frenzied regen and starfall over and over; second, the ability that increases damage by 40% but slowly decreases movement speed, obviously this is negated by the constant shapeshifting. Throw in all the passive damage increases and this does some serious damage.

I currently run with one other player, an elemental shaman. Getting all the extra heroism from them makes everything better, plus earth elemental makes life easy, especially since there are options to have it up 100% of the time.

Can't remember the names, but from the effects, a combination of:

- All affinities
    - constant hotw
    - dmg and healing increased by 50%, but slows
    - cast a spell based on form
    - full moon on 20th moonfire tick
    - full moon during convoke more often
    - dmg during convoke increased

Is just a breeze (talking solo runs). Yes, that's a lot of rare/epic powers, but still - it makes the run such a faceroll. I hear some people like playing roots build, but I personally don't find it that efficient.

Only playing solo.
    Like above my favorite build is everything boosting Convoke, reducing CD etc. Lining it up with trinkets BOAT legos etc is usually almost a one shot for bosses. Loving it. Especially with stealth to skip most trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ideally I get Convoke powers, both the CD reduction and the damage increase. But once I was doing Twisting Corridors and got a ton of entanglement powers... and there's something amusing about saying "Huh, that wing boss has 300k hp. Without convoke powers, could be a long fight...." and then you /cast Entangling Roots, watch it do 5k dps and bring him to 100k hp. Or "Wow, large pull, lots of 55khp adds..." Cast Mass Entanglement and boom, they're all dead in a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Especially with stealth to skip most trash.
    Are a lot of people skipping?
    I pull everything on every floor. It doesn't take that much longer, and I don't want to miss any of the random power drops, or even the phantasma.

So it seems like everyone is agreed that the convoke abilities are optimal, but I have had several really successful runs while choosing mostly common level powers.
    Last edited by Argenon; 2021-01-26 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't skip trash because I want the phantasma and the extra powers.

Convoke is optimal because it shortens fights a lot if you get luck and stack them. Also, Roots doesnt work on the end bosses, so those powers are amusing but not useful when you have a high hp boss in front of you

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had an absolute blast playing as Guardian with Balance Affinity and:

- Lycara's Bargain
    - Lycara's Sash
    - Oath of Druids (permanent Heart of the Wild)
    - Draught of Waning Twilight (easily maintained with my spec + affinity choice)
    - Stacking Lycara's Twigs
    - Blood-tinged Teeth

Those are my favourties. On my Twisting Corridors Layer 8 run, I was lucky enough to get all of them (plus loads more, of course) and the only time I died was on the very last boss when I stepped into a swirly (oops). Otherwise, I spent most of the run feeling like a god, constantly shapeshifting for damage bonuses and feeling very druidic.

I would love for some of the shapeshifting bonuses to become talents in the future - appropriately tuned, of course.

EDIT: I've just seen the post header stated [Balance], so apologies - but feels better to add to an existing topic, than start a new one.